Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Casa Maat at JW Marriott Los Cabos (Opening March 2021)

Old Jun 16, 20, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

Anyone know about this new property, which shows on the Marriott website as opening March 2021?
Old Jun 16, 20, 8:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
Anyone know about this new property, which shows on the Marriott website as opening March 2021?
My uneducated guess is that they are making the Griffin Club wing a separately branded hotel as opposed to a hotel within a hotel.

Edited to add; the rooms describe having a kitchenette-which the Griffin Club rooms and Suites do not so.....hmm interesting. I donít recall seeing any construction when I was there (other than the RC which recently opened).
Old Jun 16, 20, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds a bit like the Pine Cliffs resort complex in Portugal, with several Marriott (legacy SPG for at least some of them) properties colocated and having different branding and features, with many recreational facilities being shared. There can be differences in elite benefits, but otherwise it's mostly a matter of what room features (including service) you value.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: