Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Arrival Covid19 Survey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Pre Arrival Covid19 Survey

If you get a pre-arrival survey from Marriott about your personal Corona attitude towards your upcoming stay - would you fill it out and send it back to the hotel?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would depend at least on the hotel, the questions, and how busy I am.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Privateupgrades
If you get a pre-arrival survey from Marriott about your personal Corona attitude towards your upcoming stay - would you fill it out and send it back to the hotel?
Is one of the questions: "Would you pay a USD $4.19 + taxes per night cleaning fee?" [RUMOR] COVID-19 Cleaning Fee Approved
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

No, the questions are about contactless check-in, privacy in the room, etc.
It's about finding out whether the guest has great respect for the virus or wants a "as normal as possible" hotel experience.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
As an FYI, this isn't a theoretical question, it already happens (property by property) in Hong Kong as an example (based on staying at 6 hotels in the last two months on staycations). I am comfortable to fill in, as our "new normal" means that even if you don't do it in advance, when you arrive at the hotel (about 50% of the times) they ask you to fill in a survey in paper. This happens in some of the restaurants too here, certainly the higher end ones, and often when you attend meetings in offices. This isn't done in a systemic way yet by Marriott, but could easily be (I see firms offering this to offices for example).

The concept is twofold:
1. Try to avoid people who may have been infected (e.g. have travelled outside of the city) coming to your premises, a lot of local companies ban this for 2 weeks here
2. To give you contact details in case there is a suspected infection so you can be rapidly contacted (more relevant to restaurants than hotels, but the same idea)

Presumably there is some liability aspect of you signing/agreeing to that too, if you lied, but I would hope most people were honest to protect health.

Hence I think the answer is yes, and personal privacy - you just have to hope they delete it promptly.... but with no real guarantees. However, it can only ever be a first line of defense as I presume if you don't book direct (e.g. via an OTA) then the hotel may not have your details.

Here's an example from the St Regis in Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Email a few days before my stay
Dear littlevoices,

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to The St. Regis Hong Kong. For your convenient reference, your reservation has been made for the Deluxe King room from X May, 2020 to X May, 2020.

As part of the Hong Kong government’s enactment of Emergency Response Level for Novel Coronavirus infection, we would like to check your travelling history for the past 14 days as part of the hotel’s preventive measure.

1. Please let us know if you are travelling to Hong Kong from a different country? (Please indicate the countries visited in the last 14 days)

2. If yes, please share the Airline/Flight No. or Vessel Name (arrival and departure details)

Thank you for sharing the above information, please be reassured that we will not be sharing your personal details with anyone. And you may be asked to fill in a travelling declaration form upon check-in.

Message continues with benefits and usual stuff...
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Privateupgrades
It's about finding out whether the guest has great respect for the virus or wants a "as normal as possible" hotel experience.
Unclear how these are mutually exclusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.