Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: All
Does anyone know if you are using Marriott Bonvoy points, do you still get charged for the cleaning fees ? TIA !!
Old Mar 10, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Hah. Slightly worrying as I have 29 nights booked. I will call tomorrow in which case to try and get something recognized and logged. Also curious as to whether spend is taken into account for Amb? If it is, I'll fly past the $20k. If not, I guess I'll have to slave away at the hotel bar every night when normality returns.

EDIT: Actually, surely FWDing the Marriott confirmation email should have resolved that issue rather quickly? Were they ignorant to that too?!
Haha $10 and $12 drinks add up fast. It's not as hard as it seems.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
Does anyone know if you are using Marriott Bonvoy points, do you still get charged for the cleaning fees ? TIA !!
It looks like the points include/cover all fees so you don't have to pay anything.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:25 pm

Elite night credits, promotions and Ambassador spend all count

Originally Posted by cfischer
oh yuck. Thanks for sharing this! Yikes! I was looking into this for some 2021 stays and will now stay as far away as I possibly can .... sounds like a huge headache.
I made a reservation and reached out to “my” ambassador. Here is an excerpt from the response:

”I did some research and here is what I found.

The stay does qualify for promotions. Elite night credits, and Ambassador spend. It can take up to 6 weeks for those to reach your account.”
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm dealing with an issue right now that appears incredibly suspicious. I'm getting the run around from both Marriott and the property mgmt company. Has anybody else had issues with the Homes and Villas program? This is the first time I've attempted to use it.

In summary: I reserved a property in London for 12/27/21 to 01/02/2022. The total price was just under 300K points. Marriott confirmed the request and a couple days later the property mgmt company confirmed as well. Four days later I received an email from the property mgmt company telling me due to circumstances beyond their control the property is no longer available. I went and checked the other channels where I had seen the property and see it's still available on those sites. I decided to give it a couple days to allow inventory mgmt to catch up and show the property is no longer available. Yesterday (4 days later) I went back online to the Marriott Homes & Villas site to search for properties, given I still need to find another place. Sure enough, the original property is still showing available. What's the difference? Well, I reserved the property at 44K points/night (~300K total) and now it's listed at 117K points/night (~700K total) for the exact same dates. So I send the information to Marriott and the property mgmt company. Of course they can't replicate and they can't open a simple JPG file to see what I'd captured. So this morning I do more searching and find the property again. But this time I converted the screen shots into a PDF file and include a summary of that each screen shot shows. In addition, I find that the property ID number Marriott uses in their system has been changed. Shocking, right?! I'm now awaiting their response to today's email.

So that's my story. The pleadings of ignorance and thinly veiled apologies made me wonder, have others on FT had similar experiences and if so how were things eventually resolved.

Last edited by WillTravel4Food; Apr 10, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Update on my plight with Villas. The agent said the property was posted by two separate management companies, and that Marriott would investigate then get back to me. Do date I've heard nothing from them. Seems like it's reached a dead end. At least it's clear now that using Marriott for Homes and Villas is a nonstarter.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
To clarify, in your post # 35 stay dates, the year is wrong in one of them — either arrival or departure. Please edit the relevant year.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by jeepie
I made a reservation and reached out to “my” ambassador. Here is an excerpt from the response:

”I did some research and here is what I found.

The stay does qualify for promotions. Elite night credits, and Ambassador spend. It can take up to 6 weeks for those to reach your account.”

That's interesting...because when asked the same question I was told that it did not count for Ambassador spend. Has anyone seen a stay credited towards the spend requirement?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by brittex
That's interesting...because when asked the same question I was told that it did not count for Ambassador spend. Has anyone seen a stay credited towards the spend requirement?
Not yet, but I saved my email to follow up if necessary. If you want to consider doing the same, here is the email address that responded:

[email protected]

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:51 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I just completed a 5 nights stay in Paris with H&V. The booking ended being with Sweet Inn, which is the management company that rents these apartments. I was quite happy with the entire process, very good communication and flexible with the check-in time. Everything is done remotely via their App (not the Marriott app), or emails.

checked out June 14th, so let's see how long it takes to post.

It was a nice small parisian apartment in the 10th arrondissement (near Bonne Nouvelle and St Denis metro stations). It was a really good deal for EUR 75 a night + 50EUR of cleaning fees. Cheaper than the Moxy Bastille which is the cheapest option in Paris intra-muros.
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jeepie
Not yet, but I saved my email to follow up if necessary. If you want to consider doing the same, here is the email address that responded:

[email protected]

Cheers.
Did this actually post to the Ambassador spend total? Thx
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by brittex
Did this actually post to the Ambassador spend total? Thx
My trip is in 6 weeks. Frankly, I expect it NOT to post, then follow up and be given an excuse, and eventually giving up.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:00 am

So my Paris stay just posted. I stayed from June 9th to June 14th. The service provider was Sweet Inn. All went quite well, cheaper than staying at the Moxy Bastille.
Points and nights posted today, June 30th.

Note that it doesn't post as a "Hotel stay" but as a "Bonus"...

360guy and GoldenItalianBoy like this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I just completed a 5 nights stay in Paris with H&V. The booking ended being with Sweet Inn, which is the management company that rents these apartments. I was quite happy with the entire process, very good communication and flexible with the check-in time. Everything is done remotely via their App (not the Marriott app), or emails.

checked out June 14th, so let's see how long it takes to post.

It was a nice small parisian apartment in the 10th arrondissement (near Bonne Nouvelle and St Denis metro stations). It was a really good deal for EUR 75 a night + 50EUR of cleaning fees. Cheaper than the Moxy Bastille which is the cheapest option in Paris intra-muros.
Did you search for and book via the Marriott site? If so, did you look at the Sweet Inn site to see if pricing was significantly different?

Also, you did get elite qualifying nights, even though it posted as a bonus?

Last edited by xooz; Jun 30, 2021 at 7:17 am
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by xooz
Did you search for and book via the Marriott site? If so, did you look at the Sweet Inn site to see if pricing was significantly different?

Also, you did get elite qualifying nights, even though it posted as a bonus?
I couldn't, you only find this out after the booking is confirmed and the rental company contacts you (1 or 2 days after the booking for me). Difficult to compare by looking at other dates though.
xooz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.