Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Thailand up to 50% Bonus Vouchers (Purchase)

Old May 20, 20, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia

https://megatix.in.th/ is offering vouchers for Marriott properties in Thailand where you can receive up to 50% extra value. The vouchers have been promoted directly by some of the hotels via social media.These can be used for accommodation, restaurants, Spa etc:Gift vouchers are consisting of:
✨ THB 1,000 for total value at THB 1,250
✨ THB 3,000 for total value at THB 4,050
✨ THB 10,000 for total value at THB 15,000

Sales Period Dates 15 May 2020 to 30 June 2020
Voucher Valid Period Dates 15 June to 23 December 2020

Please check individual hotel T&Cs
Old May 20, 20, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Great link. Thank you. I will buy some of these for my regulars.
Old May 20, 20, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I would buy, but who knows when Thailand will reopen. The military seems to like having an excuse for a total lockdown.
Old May 20, 20, 7:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I would buy, but who knows when Thailand will reopen. The military seems to like having an excuse for a total lockdown.
When did Thailand has a total lockdown?
Malls had reopened already but dining in group is not allowed yet. There is curfew which has been extended by another hour.

​​​​​​What they have done is no difference from Malaysia and Singapore. In fact they are even less strict that the other 2 countries.

Border are closed, the same with most of the other countries in this region. There's a risk on when border will start to open but that's got nothing to do with the military. Its more to do about the health situation.

Thailand need the border to open more than the other countries because they depend so much on tourism. And there are pressure from the big corps on the govt to open now.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 20, 20, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; QR Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
im local here. There’s nothing to do with the military.

all orders and regulations came from doctors and health experts.
Old May 20, 20, 10:36 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
I read the T&Cs but it didnít mention anything so I assume that we can use them on any rates except pre-pay including BRG rates? Also, can we get elite food discount then still use the vouchers at checkout? Can anyone clarify? Thanks.
Old May 20, 20, 11:10 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by shevboyz View Post
​​​​​​What they have done is no difference from Malaysia and Singapore. In fact they are even less strict that the other 2 countries.
I realize you are not justifying the measures but simply pointing out the differences between countries, which I agree with you. That said, regarding the justification, there are lots of opinions out there, but personally I think the measures in Thailand are a significant overkill relative to Malaysia and Singapore at this point in time. Unlike those two, in Thailand more than half of days recently there are no cases of community transmission at all (I do not count cases going straight to quarantine at immigration centers upon arrival). And yet they are already talking about extending the emergency decree to end of June? Wow. Many people in the country were aligned with the emergency decree in April, but there are many hints that people are no longer scared and many are less inclined to follow the rules religiously when they know the odds are very remote that it will change anything. Those behaviors are not going to get better in another 6 weeks if cases continue to be few and far between, if at all.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
Thereís nothing to do with the military.

all orders and regulations came from doctors and health experts.
Right, it's not like the military is in the streets harassing people, but the emergency decree is about giving special powers to the government, the problem is there is nothing even remotely "emergency" about the situation as of today so the optics is that they just want to retain powers.

On another matter, when you rely mostly on doctors and health experts, you end up with solutions which are geared towards covid ZERO tolerance and you put aside the needs of people hugely hurt by the lack of economic activity. Reopening the borders with conditions will become a necessity sooner rather than later, there are already almost as many suicides related to covid than the number of deaths related to covid.

Anyway I do not pretend to have all the answers and it might turn out that I am wrong when it's all said and done, but right now I think the measures in Thailand are out of line with the reality. Many people feared a second wave after Songkran and it did not happen, many people feared a second wave after relaxed measures in early May and it did not happen. If covid is no longer running in the country, relaxation will not lead to a second wave.

None of this is making it easier for customers to pull the trigger on gift cards, hence not helping hotels much. The government needs to send signals that they want to open the country at some point, like many other countries have done recently (Iceland, Greece, etc.). I have not read anything from Thailand to that effect yet.
craigthemif and GalaxyChris like this.
Old May 21, 20, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I realize you are not justifying the measures but simply pointing out the differences between countries, which I agree with you. That said, regarding the justification, there are lots of opinions out there, but personally I think the measures in Thailand are a significant overkill relative to Malaysia and Singapore at this point in time. Unlike those two, in Thailand more than half of days recently there are no cases of community transmission at all (I do not count cases going straight to quarantine at immigration centers upon arrival). And yet they are already talking about extending the emergency decree to end of June? Wow. Many people in the country were aligned with the emergency decree in April, but there are many hints that people are no longer scared and many are less inclined to follow the rules religiously when they know the odds are very remote that it will change anything. Those behaviors are not going to get better in another 6 weeks if cases continue to be few and far between, if at all.

Right, it's not like the military is in the streets harassing people, but the emergency decree is about giving special powers to the government, the problem is there is nothing even remotely "emergency" about the situation as of today so the optics is that they just want to retain powers.

On another matter, when you rely mostly on doctors and health experts, you end up with solutions which are geared towards covid ZERO tolerance and you put aside the needs of people hugely hurt by the lack of economic activity. Reopening the borders with conditions will become a necessity sooner rather than later, there are already almost as many suicides related to covid than the number of deaths related to covid.

Anyway I do not pretend to have all the answers and it might turn out that I am wrong when it's all said and done, but right now I think the measures in Thailand are out of line with the reality. Many people feared a second wave after Songkran and it did not happen, many people feared a second wave after relaxed measures in early May and it did not happen. If covid is no longer running in the country, relaxation will not lead to a second wave.

None of this is making it easier for customers to pull the trigger on gift cards, hence not helping hotels much. The government needs to send signals that they want to open the country at some point, like many other countries have done recently (Iceland, Greece, etc.). I have not read anything from Thailand to that effect yet.

Thais and people in the region knows there are alot more cases out there who are not showing symptom but also not tested at the same time. Official number for sure is low, but they did not test aggressively and that's why they need to be careful about opening it up. The fact that the locals can go to shopping malls now is consider a privilege in this region outside of Vietnam.

I give u an example right in Singapore. Numbers are high because the foreign workers dormitories are rigorously tested. But because most of them are young and fit workers who are also not showing symptoms, the number of fatality or icu patients are very low. The risk from asymptomatic people is real because its contagious.

In fact my personal opinion is that Singapore had been overly conservative now but Thailand is quite the opposite.

I personally bought the Renaissance voucher which had an expiry till April next Yr.
But for the deal listed here, if the expiry is up to only this year, I will not take the risk unless you are a local resident.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 21, 20, 1:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; QR Plat
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post

Songkran festival were not allowed anywhere in Thailand this year, that's why the number of infected case didn't rise.
Some relaxed measures have just lifed a couple of days ago (17 May), we have to wait at least 14 days to see the result.

Personally, I think all these measures are suitable for the context of this country. Eventually, the 2nd wave will come, sooner or later.
Old May 21, 20, 3:18 am

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Thais and people in the region knows there are alot more cases out there who are not showing symptom but also not tested at the same time.

I personally bought the Renaissance voucher which had an expiry till April next Yr.
For sure actual cases are higher than reported cases, it would be hard to deny. That said, directionally daily new cases are only a tiny fraction of what they were at the peak which is why I think it's under control and there is no longer any kind of emergency.

I am assuming you are referring to the vouchers marketed on Ren's own Facebook page? I also got those as they offered more value than the current promo from this thread. I will buy a few from this promo but only for reservations I already had in the pipeline anyway. This promo is good but it's not as juicy as Ren for sure - and it sounds like you came to the same conclusion.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
Songkran festival were not allowed anywhere in Thailand this year, that's why the number of infected case didn't rise.
Some relaxed measures have just lifed a couple of days ago (17 May), we have to wait at least 14 days to see the result.

Personally, I think all these measures are suitable for the context of this country. Eventually, the 2nd wave will come, sooner or later.
Well I disagree with that the measures are suitable but I am not a virologist so I cannot claim that my opinion has more weight or value than yours

Regarding Songkran, I agree 2020 was not comparable to 2019 or prior in any way, but I would guess that you also observed more elderly visits happening April 13-15 than April 10-12 or April 16-18. Yet nothing happened as a result. And let's not forget there was some relaxation of measures on May 3rd not only May 17th, also without consequences.

There will be a second wave for sure, at some point. Almost by definition, even if they drive down the cases to zero, as soon as they open borders (they have to!), there will be cases that slip in, it's inevitable. So one problem with the Marriott vouchers is someone might buy, they open borders, travellers book a trip, and then they close borders again. That would be awful.
Old May 21, 20, 4:55 am

The main reason I don't really like this deal is the validity seems to be only until end of this year.
Looking at how things stand in this region, the earliest leisure travelling could probably resume probably could be September onwards. There is too much uncertainty around for this year.
cln likes this.
Old May 21, 20, 5:40 am

Looking at how things stand in this region, the earliest leisure travelling could probably resume probably could be September onwards.
I hope you are wrong and that limited travel will be available starting in July for travellers originating from some countries such as Vietnam, Taiwan, etc. But I would not bet on it!
Old May 21, 20, 7:04 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
If valid to the end of 2021, I would gamble, and hope travel resumes by then.
A December 2020 expiry is too risky for me.
Old May 21, 20, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ View Post
If valid to the end of 2021, I would gamble, and hope travel resumes by then.
A December 2020 expiry is too risky for me.
Same. I did buy Marriott gift cards on sale recently and this is a better deal since I am planning to use them in Bangkok, but Marriott gift cards do not expire and these do.
Old May 21, 20, 12:18 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
So basically, you book any rate other than prepaid. Stay and enjoy and then upon checkout just use "the voucher" to offset the final tab?

Thank you!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: