FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2017999-changes-marriott-bonvoy-stays-services-due-covid-discussion-thread.html)

jonathansullivan May 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread)

Looking at a staycation over the Memorial Day weekend. Call all properties I was considering (Marriott, Sheraton, Renaissance, Delta, and Residence Inn) asking what amenities are currently open and available. All but the Residence Inn said that there was no food service at all. (No lounge and no restaurant). Is there currently a waiver that would prevent invoking the breakfast guarantee?

UKTraveller4Fun May 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan (Post 32383409)
Looking at a staycation over the Memorial Day weekend. Call all properties I was considering (Marriott, Sheraton, Renaissance, Delta, and Residence Inn) asking what amenities are currently open and available. All but the Residence Inn said that there was no food service at all. (No lounge and no restaurant). Is there currently a waiver that would prevent invoking the breakfast guarantee?

In the current situation I would hope common sense and understanding. If they claimed they would be doing something and then you turned up and they didnt I would say you could take issue then, but in the current circumstances even if there is no waiver in effect the hotels maybe have more serious things on their minds, like survival.

Often1 May 17, 2020 3:30 pm

What did the property say when you called to ask this question?

nachosdelux May 17, 2020 3:52 pm

pretty sure most restaurants in hotels are closed due to mandate.

I'm all about maximizing benefits, but come on, there is a bigger picture.

agree with Often1 (first time for everything!) - call the hotel and see what they can offer instead.

Flying for Fun May 17, 2020 4:29 pm

:rolleyes: Seriously? Wow! :rolleyes:

If you ask, they may offer points in lieu of breakfast, like they do when the lounge is closed.

James

jonathansullivan May 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Thanks for the responses. The hotels are not under mandate, and indicated there are plenty of restaurants open within walking distance. This is Orlando. It was interesting to see some have open fitness centers, some don't. One is offering grab and go breakfast, most were offering no food service (while still selling "Stay for Breakfast Rates"). Some have pool open, others don't. The one manager I spoke with at the full service Marriott said the reason they aren't opening food services is to keep costs down.

Often1 May 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan (Post 32383868)
Thanks for the responses. The hotels are not under mandate, and indicated there are plenty of restaurants open within walking distance. This is Orlando. It was interesting to see some have open fitness centers, some don't. One is offering grab and go breakfast, most were offering no food service (while still selling "Stay for Breakfast Rates"). Some have pool open, others don't. The one manager I spoke with at the full service Marriott said the reason they aren't opening food services is to keep costs down.

Why not stay at a property that offers you what you want? I count roughly 65 Marriott properties in the Orlando area. If one is better value to you than another, that is where one ought to stay.

jonathansullivan May 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32383958)
Why not stay at a property that offers you what you want? I count roughly 65 Marriott properties in the Orlando area. If one is better value to you than another, that is where one ought to stay.

Thats what I'm looking for now. Thanks.

Mr. Vker May 18, 2020 8:13 am

There is a waiver in place right now for Bonvoy benefits. Tried to find the link but couldn't. They don't have to provide breakfast and don't believe they have to compensate.

dayone May 18, 2020 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 32385116)
There is a waiver in place right now for Bonvoy benefits. Tried to find the link but couldn't. They don't have to provide breakfast and don't believe they have to compensate.

It would be very useful to many of us if someone could find and post the link.

jonathansullivan May 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 32385116)

Could you link to the source? That would definitely change expectations.

controller1 May 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan (Post 32386335)
Could you link to the source? That would definitely change expectations.

I can't find anything on the Marriott website. Loyalty Lobby reported on the suspension of brand standards and certain loyalty guarantees. https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/03/31/...ty-guarantees/

jonathansullivan May 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 32386391)
I can't find anything on the Marriott website. Loyalty Lobby reported on the suspension of brand standards and certain loyalty guarantees. https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/03/31/...ty-guarantees/

Thank you!

Mr. Vker May 18, 2020 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 32386391)

Thanks. I knew it was out there somewhere. Just couldnt find it before work called me away.

91lsc May 18, 2020 10:01 pm

You might be able to find a 3-day deal at a Marriott vacation club but you'll have to sit through a 50 minute timeshare sale.