Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I miss business travel

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2020, 6:51 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've been travelling down the back 100+ flights a year for 15 years and finally get a client who flies me International First class or whatever the highest cabin is and I run smack into the Coronavirus 2 months later.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I've been travelling down the back 100+ flights a year for 15 years and finally get a client who flies me International First class or whatever the highest cabin is and I run smack into the Coronavirus 2 months later.
ouch.

David
Old May 31, 2020, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by jrich7970
Yeah, I can't stand working from home. I find I am much more productive (and the rest of my team as well) when we are together at a client site.

But, I'm grateful I have a job, so I can't complain. Others are not so lucky.
I love working from home. Microsoft Teams has been fantastic.
unclepants and Flying for Fun like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Things were bad with covid, these riots will probably set everything back further in some locations. We seem hell bent on extinction
Yup
And now all we have to do is wait 14 days to start seeing the numbers of Covid-19 infections start to spike in both participant groups (agitators and police).

That should put another damper on resumption of business travel for me
Old May 31, 2020, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The covid cases from total lack of social distancing on the part of the protesters will be pretty bad. Fauci is probably slamming his head on his desk
Old Jun 27, 2023, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I recently took a new job and my biz travel has declined 100%(!) though I may have one TPAC and/or LATAM trip annually.

I miss the biz class trips and hotels in London, Singapore and Bangkok.

I do not miss the trips to Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Venezuela or Houston, much less the bi-polar supervisor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.