Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Armar House, All-Inclusive, Cancún, MX - Opening date TBC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Thought I'd start a thread for this property, which is coming onboard under the W portfolio. It previous operated as the unfortunately-named Melody Maker Cancún, and was previously an ME hotel among other incarnations. It seems that this will be the inaugural all-inclusive W, and as such will be for adults-only.

I wonder if it will undergo renovations and be formally rebranded W Cancún, as the décor definitely needs upgrading to add imagination and bring it up to the W standard and aesthetic...

Resort link here.

khabah
Old May 23, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Thanks for starting this thread. I am interested to learn more about this property as well - where does it say it will be "adults only"?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:23 am

sucks if it's adults only
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Different strokes for different folks - I'm in a completely opposite camp from you and hope it is adults only. Would love to have a kids free Marriott option in Cancun. Regardless, I'm sure they'll take a look at the market and make the decision they think will make them the most $$$.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Why would it "suck" when there is a positive plethora of properties across different budgets accommodating families along the same strip?

W was never conceived as a family brand anyway, and I hope this is the first of several W-branded hotels in that vein.

khabah
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:40 am
Original Poster

According to this article:

The new W Hotel by Marriott, previously the Melody Maker hotel, will be redesigned and rebuilt into the new luxury brand with 675 rooms.

Good to see that hopefully comprehensive renovations will be coming to this place, because it looks woefully generic and more PARTY HERE!!!!! than a proper W. 675 rooms however makes this a monster of a W - the biggest one coming to the brand is Sydney at just under 600 rooms.

khabah
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:58 am

FYI Hotel does not participate in Marriott Rewards at this time. I assume that means you don't earn if you stay there.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
watching this hotel... i'm seeing $300usd w/ no resort fees for all-inclusive during spring break
but no points being earned...
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by vivrant
watching this hotel... i'm seeing $300usd w/ no resort fees for all-inclusive during spring break
I believe you are right and minimal taxes IIRC Mexico doesnt tax rooms with AI included. I've seen that on other stays we've had in Cabo.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by vivrant
Just found this resort today. Current rates for next March are $200 or less for two people. Hopefully they come into Bonvoy at some point; would be a nice option for Cancun.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Actually, I find that the most appealing aspect of the property...

Regards
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
So as part of the "Week of Wonders", it appears you *will* earn points if you book this week, but will not get any other Bonvoy benefits.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
FYI Hotel does not participate in Marriott Rewards at this time. I assume that means you don't earn if you stay there.
which is why Im hesitant to book right now. How can Marriott sell a property on their website and then say you cannot earn rewards??!!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CALMSP
which is why Im hesitant to book right now. How can Marriott sell a property on their website and then say you cannot earn rewards??!!
Bulgari, which doesn't even participate in Bonvoy, is on marriott.com.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
This property appears to have delayed reopening, as no availability showing until 2021 now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.