Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Made a points booking for September 2021 and unfortunately breakfast is excluded... "The booking is based on 2 persons per villa, exclude breakfast."

FYI Transfer options:
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is located 42 kilometres away from Velana International Airport, reachable by a 45-minute scenic speedboat transfer or a short 10-minute seaplane transfer. We will be delighted to arrange a transfer service of your choice from the following options:

SHARED LUXURY SPEEDBOAT TRANSFER

PRICE PER PERSON, ROUNDTRIP

Velana International Airport (Male) – Resort

(approx. 45 minutes journey)

Adult (above 12 years old): USD $900

Child (0-11.99 years old): USD $450

PRIVATE LUXURY YACHT TRANSFER

PRICE PER YACHT, ROUNDTRIP

(approx. 60 minutes journey)

Touring 48’ VIP (maximum 8 guests): USD $2.800

Majesty 62’ (maximum 12 guests): USD $7.100

SEAPLANE TRANSFER

(approx. 10 minutes journey)

Shared seaplane: USD $1.100

Private seaplane: USD $7.900

Terms & conditions:
  • Transfers are available on request, subject to availability and confirmation by the resort. Advance reservation is required.
  • The rates are subject to 23.2% service charge and government taxes.
  • In order for us to reserve your transfers, a full prepayment is required 7 days prior to arrival.
  • The resort reserves the right to revise transfer rates at any time.
Quite crazy for transfers with the additional 23.2% on top of 900 USD/person shared yacht transfer... given all the above ill stick with the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi ;-)
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Made a points booking for September 2021 and unfortunately breakfast is excluded... "The booking is based on 2 persons per villa, exclude breakfast."

FYI Transfer options:
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is located 42 kilometres away from Velana International Airport, reachable by a 45-minute scenic speedboat transfer or a short 10-minute seaplane transfer. We will be delighted to arrange a transfer service of your choice from the following options:

SHARED LUXURY SPEEDBOAT TRANSFER

(approx. 45 minutes journey)

Adult (above 12 years old): USD $900

Child (0-11.99 years old): USD $450

PRIVATE LUXURY YACHT TRANSFER

PRICE PER YACHT, ROUNDTRIP

(approx. 60 minutes journey)

Touring 48’ VIP (maximum 8 guests): USD $2.800

Majesty 62’ (maximum 12 guests): USD $7.100

SEAPLANE TRANSFER

(approx. 10 minutes journey)

Shared seaplane: USD $1.100

Private seaplane: USD $7.900

Terms & conditions:
  • Transfers are available on request, subject to availability and confirmation by the resort. Advance reservation is required.
  • The rates are subject to 23.2% service charge and government taxes.
  • In order for us to reserve your transfers, a full prepayment is required 7 days prior to arrival.
  • The resort reserves the right to revise transfer rates at any time.
Quite crazy for transfers with the additional 23.2% on top of 900 USD/person shared yacht transfer... given all the above ill stick with the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi ;-)
Confirms what I had already thought, I won't be considering here over the St.R the transfer prices are high even for the Maldives and its just to much of an in your face rip off, add in the fact that breakfast is excluded (as per their right) it simply makes no sense! I have a feeling given a bit of time and the newness wears off and suddenly they are not the in thing anymore they will change their pricing somewhat!
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:52 am

The transfer pricing is outrageous. I don't care if it's RC or whatnot, it's just incredulous.
3rdworldresident and Bobdh13 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I will not choose this resort over the St. Regis.

I also afraid there’s nothing much left to see underwater as the resort is built on man-made islands.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Maldives will have FIVE decent Marriott properties to choose from in late 2021: RC, St Regis, JW, Westin, Le Meridien.

Sheraton isn’t on the list because it’s just too old and dated
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
FYI as well:
La Locanda Restaurant, known as the “Living Room” of the resort, is where you may enjoy Southern Italian inspired breakfast during your stay at USD 65 per person per day subject to 23.2% service charge and government taxes.
As our recognition to your loyalty toward Marriott Bonvoy you would be honored with the followingbenefits during stay to reflect your Platinum Elite status:
  • Elite members receive enhanced internet access at the courtesy of the resort.
  • Elite members receive extended check out time as late as 4pm based on availability.
  • Elite members receive 1,000 points as Platinum Welcome Gift per stay.
  • Elite members receive a 50% points bonus on top of the base points earned during stays (does not apply to Miles earnings).
So breakfast comes out to 80 USD/person/day net which isn't that bad but pretty lackluster Platinum benefits... its a shame :-(
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyElite
The transfer pricing is outrageous. I don't care if it's RC or whatnot, it's just incredulous.
You don't see the value in a private seaplane at $790 per minute or a little over $13 per second?????? lol

James
mctravel1 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:20 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
That's nuts..... it's less than 50km away from MLE. I transferred to the Park Hyatt from MLE for less than that (ok it's not a seaplane but a regular propeller plane but who cares). $900++ is a rip off sorry....
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:15 am

Checked random dates for a 5 night stay (June thru September) and rates are double that of STR JW & W (all cat 8). For $900 transportation they are trying to squeeze every penny from high spenders paying minimum $2k/night after taxes/fees on just room only. They are betting those staying on points will probably cost on boat transfers.

For me, only worth on points (same points requirement as STR and slightly more than JW/W), have enough to burn for approximately 20 nights. Now the million dollar question, spend 20 nights at one shot ($1.8k on speed boat for 2) or spread points over 4 stays of 5 nights each ($7.2k for shared speed boat )? Of course there are other several options too . In Maldives we have only stayed at Conrad and air transfers were about $500 PP return.

Last edited by mileageking; Oct 19, 2020 at 5:47 am Reason: Added Conrad info.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Other than the St. Regis not being available, can anyone see a reason for a Platinum/Titanium member to stay here over the St. Regis? It looks really nice, but doesn't seem any nicer than St. Regis and the added costs and lack of benefits would really add up for a week long stay.

Other than just for something different if you've already been to the St. Regis.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Wife and I have five nights booked in mid-Sept for 295k points which I think is extremely low for this level of property. Do agree the transfer fares are abominable, and I’m sure the F&B will be as well. As a Titanium, I do find the lack of elite benefits at RC’s distressing. However, we have found that in most cases the resort teams are so good as to somewhat mitigate the negatives. Will look at reviews as they appear after the scheduled May opening and make a decision whether to keep our reservation or move to St. Regis. Was able to score Qatar A350 QSuites at 70k AA miles, so definitely staying somewhere.
DenFlyer23 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by TBRIC
Wife and I have five nights booked in mid-Sept for 295k points which I think is extremely low for this level of property. Do agree the transfer fares are abominable, and I’m sure the F&B will be as well. As a Titanium, I do find the lack of elite benefits at RC’s distressing. However, we have found that in most cases the resort teams are so good as to somewhat mitigate the negatives. Will look at reviews as they appear after the scheduled May opening and make a decision whether to keep our reservation or move to St. Regis. Was able to score Qatar A350 QSuites at 70k AA miles, so definitely staying somewhere.
Assuming it’s 340K points for St Regis, the differential in points is 45K points. Assuming 0.8 c/ point that’s about 360 USD. Is this higher or lower than the extra cost you’d have over seaplane transfers?

in addition, St Regis Maldives has a breakfast that’s unparalleled by most hotels. I can’t remember how much they would charge if you weren’t a plat or above but I’d say at least $50USD per person per day, which is 100x5 = $500 USD worth of breakfast.

Does Ritz provide better, free activities?

Im planning to head back to Maldives in 2022, definitely either St Regis again or Le Meridien
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:25 pm

Seems like unless you want to stay at a brand new hotel in the Maldives (great for new facilities, but the soft product probably won't be 100%), it doesn't make sense to stay here. More expensive than the St. Regis, fewer elite benefits, and probably a worse reef because it is being built man-made. And there are a couple sister properties to the Ritz that will apparently share facilities (the two hotels on the adjacent islands), so it will feel less exclusive / remote.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Maldives will have FIVE decent Marriott properties to choose from in late 2021: RC, St Regis, JW, Westin, Le Meridien.

Sheraton isn’t on the list because it’s just too old and dated
Still waiting for a Luxury or Autograph Collection. Seems to make almost too much sense, especially if a current independent resort just joins the Marriott booking system to boost occupancy.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by TBRIC
Wife and I have five nights booked in mid-Sept for 295k points which I think is extremely low for this level of property.
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Assuming it’s 340K points for St Regis, the differential in points is 45K points. Assuming 0.8 c/ point that’s about 360 USD. Is this higher or lower than the extra cost you’d have over seaplane transfers?

in addition, St Regis Maldives has a breakfast that’s unparalleled by most hotels. I can’t remember how much Sethey would charge if you weren’t a plat or above but I’d say at least $50USD per person per day, which is 100x5 = $500 USD worth of breakfast.

Does Ritz provide better, free activities?

Im planning to head back to Maldives in 2022, definitely either St Regis again or Le Meridien
I just checked entire month of September by day for a 5 night stay. Only dates I can see RC available at 295k for 5 nights is for Sep 11th or 12th arrivals. Also noticed STR and RC have the exact same point requirements in Sep. Interestingly RC seems to have blocked off Sep 15-30 for resort arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.