Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malι, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Looks like they have moved opening to July 2, 2021
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The property is now open for booking, and point availability is pretty good. I made a booking for 5 nights in January. Peak rate of course.

I found some standard rate availability in September, but I did not see any off peak rates.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 25, 2021 at 11:42 pm
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:35 pm

The hotel delayed opening and wanted to move me to St. Regis. I said no. And Marriott cancelled my confirmed reservation without even sending me a reservation cancellation email. Wow. The new low of customer service.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by just2010just
The hotel delayed opening and wanted to move me to St. Regis. I said no. And Marriott cancelled my confirmed reservation without even sending me a reservation cancellation email. Wow. The new low of customer service.
What did you want them to do?
ewoo likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by sds1493
What did you want them to do?
They could have asked if I wanted to change to another date? They could have been very sorry that their miscalculation caused my inconveniences? They could have offered other choices instead of telling me my only option is to go to St. Regis and when I said no, just cancel my reservations?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by just2010just
They could have asked if I wanted to change to another date? They could have been very sorry that their miscalculation caused my inconveniences? They could have offered other choices instead of telling me my only option is to go to St. Regis and when I said no, just cancel my reservations?
I believe you could have just as well requested a change of date as well as asked for a different Marriott resort other than the St Regis instead of just answering no. The hotels are assuming that you have your flights booked and you can't expect them to assume you have flexibility on your dates. You could have easily told them you would like to change to xxx date and I'm sure they would accommodate.

They offered the St Regis because that is currently the highest end Marriott resort in the Maldives. If you preferred the W or JW Marriott you could have asked for either of those - also category 8s but different than STR, or even to downgrade to the Westin.

If they weren't apologetic, that's not acceptable and they definitely should have been.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:22 am

I asked the hotel if they would provide free breakfast to points bookings since breakfast is included for all cash bookings here, but unfortunately they said no.
They quoted me $65 USD + 23.2% service charge/tax per person for breakfast, which comes to $80 USD per person for breakfast.
No discount for elites.
I realize Ritz Carltons normally don't provide elite benefits like free breakfast, but nevertheless this is a deal breaker for me.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by agjil
I asked the hotel if they would provide free breakfast to points bookings since breakfast is included for all cash bookings here, but unfortunately they said no.
They quoted me $65 USD + 23.2% service charge/tax per person for breakfast, which comes to $80 USD per person for breakfast.
No discount for elites.
I realize Ritz Carltons normally don't provide elite benefits like free breakfast, but nevertheless this is a deal breaker for me.
I'm interested in seeing more pictures closer to opening, but all in all with the lack of elite benefits, a location closer to the airport, a collection of 3 resorts in one, and a new build (which will mean likely damage to reef/water quality), it seems like the STR is still the go-to resort in the Maldives for Bonvoy members.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
I'm interested in seeing more pictures closer to opening, but all in all with the lack of elite benefits, a location closer to the airport, a collection of 3 resorts in one, and a new build (which will mean likely damage to reef/water quality), it seems like the STR is still the go-to resort in the Maldives for Bonvoy members.
Yeah I agree, but my one gripe about the STR is that base point bookings don't book into overwater villas.
Oh well, STR here I come.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:03 am

Yeah I agree, but my one gripe about the STR is that base point bookings don't book into overwater villas.
Oh well, STR here I come.
Can usually get a decent deal if you look for cash upgrades + points for the STR. Something like ~$50-75/day and then the 85k points a night.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
Can usually get a decent deal if you look for cash upgrades + points for the STR. Something like ~$50-75/day and then the 85k points a night.
Oh nice, didn't know about that!
Thanks a lot, will definitely look into this cash upgrade.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:44 pm

Oh nice, didn't know about that!
Thanks a lot, will definitely look into this cash upgrade.
Or you can use about an additional 5k points per night. It depends on the room type you're liking at but the additional points or cash needed to get a villa above the garden villa is very reasonable and totally worth it.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:20 pm

Nickel and dime

Yup I agreed. This is supposed to be a high end hotel but I think they are trying to Nickle and dime elite members. For the benefit of others, posted the rate for the transport below. I made reservation using points but I think the breakfast amenity is a deal breaker. Feels like we travel all the way and taking a risk while there is no pictures videos no reviews no nothing !!!

JOURNEY TO THE RESORT

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is located 42 kilometers away from Velana International Airport, reachable by a 45-minute scenic speedboat transfer or a short 10-minute seaplane transfer. We will be delighted to arrange a transfer service of your choice from the following options:

SHARED LUXURY SPEEDBOAT TRANSFER

PRICE PER PERSON, ROUNDTRIP

Velana International Airport (Male) – Resort

(approx. 45 minutes journey)

Adult (above 12 years old): USD 730

Child (0-11.99 years old): USD 365

PRIVATE LUXURY YACHT TRANSFER

PRICE PER YACHT, ROUNDTRIP

(approx. 60 minutes journey)

Touring 48’ VIP (maximum 8 guests): USD 2.800

Majesty 62’ (maximum 12 guests): USD 7.100

SEAPLANE TRANSFER

(approx. 10 minutes journey)

Shared seaplane: USD 1.100

Private seaplane: USD 7.900

Terms and conditions:
  • Transfers are available on request, subject to availability and confirmation by the resort. Advance reservation is required, and transfers are non-commissionable.
  • The rates are subject to 23.2% service charge and government taxes.
  • In order for us to reserve your transfers, a full prepayment is required 30 days prior to arrival.
  • The resort reserves the right to revise transfer rates at any time.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wonghenhen
Yup I agreed. This is supposed to be a high end hotel but I think they are trying to Nickle and dime elite members. For the benefit of others, posted the rate for the transport below. I made reservation using points but I think the breakfast amenity is a deal breaker. Feels like we travel all the way and taking a risk while there is no pictures videos no reviews no nothing !!!

JOURNEY TO THE RESORT

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is located 42 kilometers away from Velana International Airport, reachable by a 45-minute scenic speedboat transfer or a short 10-minute seaplane transfer. We will be delighted to arrange a transfer service of your choice from the following options:

SHARED LUXURY SPEEDBOAT TRANSFER

(approx. 45 minutes journey)

Adult (above 12 years old): USD 730

Child (0-11.99 years old): USD 365

PRIVATE LUXURY YACHT TRANSFER

PRICE PER YACHT, ROUNDTRIP

(approx. 60 minutes journey)

Touring 48’ VIP (maximum 8 guests): USD 2.800

Majesty 62’ (maximum 12 guests): USD 7.100

SEAPLANE TRANSFER

Terms and conditions:
  • Transfers are available on request, subject to availability and confirmation by the resort. Advance reservation is required, and transfers are non-commissionable.
  • The rates are subject to 23.2% service charge and government taxes.
  • In order for us to reserve your transfers, a full prepayment is required 30 days prior to arrival.
  • The resort reserves the right to revise transfer rates at any time.
As long as the shared luxury speedboat has free flowing champagne same as the Waldorf, the price and time is also about the same.

The breakfast is hardly a surprise as that has been a standard for RC for many years. It will not make me doubt my booking.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by wonghenhen

SEAPLANE TRANSFER

Seriously, $1100++ for a 10 minute seaplane ride? STR transfer price is expensive enough and it's much further away where a speedboat transfer is not an option.

I understand you can book the speedboat option for $730++ which is what most would do, but the gall to ask for $1100++ for the seaplane...
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.