Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cyog
Is there a consensus of which is better, the sunrise or sunset overwater villas?
No.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No.
What kind of room upgrades, if any, can Titaniums expect from a base OWV reservation (and which #s do they correspond to?)

Have a visit scheduled for next month so I'm trying to plan!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:56 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hi, elite upgrades are based on availability on the day of arrival. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floor.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Fishy
I don't know the exact number but it will start from around 321/322 and up. Since I didn't stay on sun rise side, I couldn't really compare the water but it looked a bit more calm on the sunrise side when I was there in June. I would still stay at sunset side though.
Why do you prefer the sunset side?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Hi, elite upgrades are based on availability on the day of arrival. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floor.
I'm sure the OP would love to have a corner room, a room on a high floor, or a room on the Executive Floor at this resort instead of their villa .
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Why do you prefer the sunset side?
The cons on sunset side didn't bother me as much as the sunrise side. I was fine with boat traffic and views of other islands on Sunset. I enjoyed looking at them actually. It would be boring for me to look at nothing but the ocean for a week. If you get villa like 300, 301, 302 you also get a clear view of the estate. The pool was cold all day as the sun started to hit the pool like 2 or 3 pm but I pefer to swim in the ocean so it didn't matter. The water on the sunset side was much more beautiful (with less sea life). I like swimming and don't care about snorkeling. I understand why most people like sunrise more though. I hardly saw people swimming ha

What I didn't like most about sunrise villas was...sunrise. It was quite glary and hot in the morning. I woke up early and wouldn't be able to enjoy the views if in sunrise villa. I would need to keep the curtains closed. I normally left the door wide open from early morning until the late afternoon. It got a bit hot around 4-5pm on the sunset side. The ocean also looked really ugly during low tide on the sunrise side with the reef exposed. That could last until 11am-12pm. We first thought we shouldn't have paid for the sunset upgrade but after seeing what sunrise side looked like each monring, we were glad we did.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fishy
The cons on sunset side didn't bother me as much as the sunrise side. I was fine with boat traffic and views of other islands on Sunset. I enjoyed looking at them actually. It would be boring for me to look at nothing but the ocean for a week. If you get villa like 300, 301, 302 you also get a clear view of the estate. The pool was cold all day as the sun started to hit the pool like 2 or 3 pm but I pefer to swim in the ocean so it didn't matter. The water on the sunset side was much more beautiful (with less sea life). I like swimming and don't care about snorkeling. I understand why most people like sunrise more though. I hardly saw people swimming ha

What I didn't like most about sunrise villas was...sunrise. It was quite glary and hot in the morning. I woke up early and wouldn't be able to enjoy the views if in sunrise villa. I would need to keep the curtains closed. I normally left the door wide open from early morning until the late afternoon. It got a bit hot around 4-5pm on the sunset side. The ocean also looked really ugly during low tide on the sunrise side with the reef exposed. That could last until 11am-12pm. We first thought we shouldn't have paid for the sunset upgrade but after seeing what sunrise side looked like each monring, we were glad we did.
That paints a terrible picture of the sunrise side. We stayed the last week of a June and couldn’t be happier with our sunrise villa!

Water was beautiful and had a decent amount of rays, fish, etc to look at.

Pool temp was comfortable morning and night.

Few of the nights we left the entire villa open and really enjoyed waking up with the sun.

From our villa, 327, we had views of Patina and Villa off the far left of our back deck.

Not disputing your opinion, please don’t take it as such. I would just hate to see someone miss the wonderful aspects of the sunrise side.
friedablass and najama2 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chewie
That paints a terrible picture of the sunrise side. We stayed the last week of a June and couldn’t be happier with our sunrise villa!

Few of the nights we left the entire villa open and really enjoyed waking up with the sun.

From our villa, 327, we had views of Patina and Villa off the far left of our back deck.

Not disputing your opinion, please don’t take it as such. I would just hate to see someone miss the wonderful aspects of the sunrise side.
I have to say that I don't recognise the picture painted of the sunrise side either. Sure the surface of the water gets broken by the reef at low tide, and sure some people may prefer to look at a more smooth surface to the sea, but to call it ugly is a bit odd. Not to ones liking or preference is a very fair point, but it is not like you see concrete leftovers from the construction or something like that. Just Mother Nature's own design....

That being said, there are clear plusses and minuses to facing either the sunrise or the sunset, and I fully appreciate any point of why people prefer the one or the other. Personally, I like to wake with the sunrise, or even before. We did sunrise yoga every morning, so we even beat the sun out of bed.
friedablass likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Chewie

I'm sorry. I should have said it wasn't the view I liked rather than calling it ugly. Many people said great things about the sunrise side here so I believe people will not miss the wonderful aspects of that side. I almost didn't do the upgrade as I saw some villas had water similar to lagoon but didn't want to take the risk. I just liked clear blue water. I was in 301 and thought around 305 and up looked even better.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:57 am

Can anyone comment on how the reef/marine life is? Will we see anything other than fish (sharks, mantas, string rays, etc.)? We've been to STR in the past and were impressed by the marine life we saw there, is it similar here?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:20 am
kkl

Originally Posted by najama2
Can anyone comment on how the reef/marine life is? Will we see anything other than fish (sharks, mantas, string rays, etc.)? We've been to STR in the past and were impressed by the marine life we saw there, is it similar here?
STR hands down on marine life
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:48 pm

We have a one bedroom beach villa booked for next month. We plan on spending as much time outside as possible. However in the event of rain or we just want to be inside a bit, is there a comfortable lounging space in the room to watch TV or read? From various photos and YouTube videos it looks as if the chairs and sofa near the TV may not be the most comfortable place relax in the room?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:13 pm

Afternoon tea

Looks like afternoon tea is no longer serve....
nvm it can be ordered a la carte. I think folks were abusing it when it was free for marriott members.
Some times you just want a nice varieties of snacks before dinner.

Last edited by Kevin W; Aug 22, 2022 at 12:04 am
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by lilnemo
We have a one bedroom beach villa booked for next month. We plan on spending as much time outside as possible. However in the event of rain or we just want to be inside a bit, is there a comfortable lounging space in the room to watch TV or read? From various photos and YouTube videos it looks as if the chairs and sofa near the TV may not be the most comfortable place relax in the room?
We had an Over Water Villa, and the wife and I watched a LOT of TV on the couch/space in front of the TV. We found it comfy, but did had to ask for a blanket from them as the two days it rained it was a little chilly (well, probably because I keep it colder in the room, haha).
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Kevin W
Looks like afternoon tea is no longer serve....
nvm it can be ordered a la carte. I think folks were abusing it when it was free for marriott members.
Some times you just want a nice varieties of snacks before dinner.
Is it free of charge still?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.