Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The WA standard villas are certainly not 300 sqm. While I never looked at the specific size, I'd warrant a guess that 150 sqm is probably same same. But I guess it depends on what they include in the measure.
WA villas are actually listed as 279 sqm for the reef villas and 283 sqm for the overwater both of which are over 3000 sqf. They do include the outdoor space but I'm assuming that so does the Ritz which does make the WA villas nearly double in size.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
WA villas are actually listed as 279 sqm for the reef villas and 283 sqm for the overwater both of which are over 3000 sqf. They do include the outdoor space but I'm assuming that so does the Ritz which does make the WA villas nearly double in size.
Probably also the bicycle parking area to reach those sizes. But then again sounds nice to have a higher measurement. I'll wait to see it before I call judgement. Have been to the WA, but RC booking is still a good bit of.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
For the OWVs the lagoon villas are the ones with sunset views. The beach villas though don't have a separate category but it could be that the view is partially or fully blocked by foliage so you couldn't see from within the villas.
That makes sense. Lol, the entire time I assumed the OWV were on the separate pontoon and that the lagoon villas were attached to the two main islands. Wonder if the OWV attached to the island will have an additional land entrance like the reef villas at WA.
Old May 24, 2021, 8:11 am

https://pursuitist.com/5-things-to-k...lton-maldives/

Looks like some pictures in the link above
Old May 24, 2021, 9:58 am

For the OWVs the lagoon villas are the ones with sunset views. The beach villas though don't have a separate category but it could be that the view is partially or fully blocked by foliage so you couldn't see from within the villas.
Could you clarify where you found this information? I found a pre-opening review here that says the ocean villas are on the circular quay and that all the lagoon villas are sunrise and attached to the two main islands. They even have a more detailed resort map with room numbering.

Also found this excerpt pretty interesting,
“The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is located within the Fari Islands, an archipelago featuring three luxury private resorts and a marina. The Marina is built around with a vibrant Fari Beach Club, high-end boutiques, art studio, Fari Lagoon Coral Adoption & Marine Biology Center and a selection of upscale restaurants.

With around-the-clock boat transfers between The RitzCarlton Maldives and Fari Marina, guests are spoilt with an array of meaningful experiences.

Last edited by ALGU; May 24, 2021 at 10:06 am
Old May 24, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ALGU
Could you clarify where you found this information? I found a pre-opening review here that says the ocean villas are on the circular quay and that all the lagoon villas are sunrise and attached to the two main islands. They even have a more detailed resort map with room numbering.

I made my assumption based on the fact that on the hotel website the Lagoon Pool Villa states that it has sunset views (https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...s/rooms-suites) and when you click into the room to see a full description it again says "spectacular sunset views" (https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...oon-pool-villa). The article you linked that states that all lagoon villas are on the sunrise side is directly contradicting this and I would rather say that the hotel website is correct because if someone is booking Lagoon villa and is expecting a sunset view they will be non too pleased to get a sunrise view instead.

I also assumed that lagoon view meant the villas facing "Lagoon Quay" which on the map in your previous post was printed on the same side as the sunset beaches thus further giving veracity that those were the lagoon/sunset villas as they are the only ones facing the lagoon + sunset that are not beach villas.

I might be wrong and hopefully we can have someone that will actually be on site very soon to clarify where all the villa types are located and what views they have.
Old May 25, 2021, 12:47 am

I made my assumption based on the fact that on the hotel website the Lagoon Pool Villa states that it has sunset views (https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...s/rooms-suites) and when you click into the room to see a full description it again says "spectacular sunset views" (https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...oon-pool-villa). The article you linked that states that all lagoon villas are on the sunrise side is directly contradicting this and I would rather say that the hotel website is correct because if someone is booking Lagoon villa and is expecting a sunset view they will be non too pleased to get a sunrise view instead..
The lagoon is also in the direction of the sunset beaches so I’m actually more inclined to believe your reasoning. Curious, on what’s causing the miscommunication with the reviewer and the property.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:58 am

I also assumed that lagoon view meant the villas facing "Lagoon Quay" which on the map in your previous post was printed on the same side as the sunset beaches thus further giving veracity that those were the lagoon/sunset villas as they are the only ones facing the lagoon + sunset that are not beach villas.
I got a response from the property clarifying that there are a mixture of lagoon and ocean villas on the lagoon quay, so it should discredit the reviewer stating only ocean villas are on the lagoon quay. The property also sent additional info on the villas including floor maps. The bathtub in living room concept hasn’t grown on me yet, but I guess there wouldn’t be ocean/lagoon views otherwise if it was situated in the bathroom (like Conrad BB).

Old May 25, 2021, 11:40 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
@ALGU Is that a PDF brochure? Could you please share a link or the file?

khabah
Old May 25, 2021, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
@ALGU Is that a PDF brochure? Could you please share a link or the file?

khabah
Old May 25, 2021, 7:53 pm

Seems like the STR is nicer as I'm looking through all the recent pics and docs
Old May 28, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), United Silver
Found some new photos in the app.

Kevin Weldon likes this.

Last edited by frank.lan.yufan; May 28, 2021 at 10:48 pm
Old May 29, 2021, 5:05 am

Lol, three rainfall shower heads?! Was not expecting one to also be in the living room.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:15 am

They also posted some footage of the resort on their IG. I guess you need to choose your villas carefully since those on the pontoon, especially the lagoon facing ones, are facing the neighboring islands.

Last edited by ALGU; May 29, 2021 at 5:21 am
Old May 29, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), United Silver
Originally Posted by ALGU
Lol, three rainfall shower heads?! Was not expecting one to also be in the living room.
According to the floor plan above, I think the shower head that seems to be above the tub is the outdoor shower, but still it’s pretty close to the living room lol.
ALGU likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.