Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
yeah this bag they told we can't take it.
Sounds about right. There were at least 4 of them on our boat to the airport except the one couple that was told no. Other couples awaiting departure had them as well. Could have been a training issue? Not sure if the nicer ones were ‘new’ bags for the rooms for the 1 year anniversary, but since some rooms appear to have had the $20 bag, that might have been the one people could take and the aris meehas didn’t message it properly? We didn’t have the $20 version in our unit, and ours said we could take the hat, bag, etc. We reconfirmed with her just to be certain because my wife loved it.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:44 am

We are here now and everything has been perfect so far. Here is the view from Sunrise Beach Villa. Absolutely peaceful and gorgeous.

Ritz Sunrise Beach Villa
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
That looks amazing. We will be there on Monday!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:50 pm

Just a quick review, we were at the RC last week and had a wonderful stay.

Some positives: Arrival/departure staff went above and beyond, they even stayed with us at departure until we entered immigration. We took the red boat on arrival which made me taste the Qatar Airways Arabic mezze all over again. Our aris meeha was very attentive, would give us rides, and promptly answer all questions. She offered to move us from the OWV to a beach villa at arrival so our kids would be closer to the kids club/beach, but we asked to move half way through our stay. Cleaning staff was amazing, they were really friendly and went above and beyond for our kids. Ritz kids staff was also great, they would actually take the time to sit with our little ones and teach them about marine life, games, etc. Rooms were just stunning. We didn’t experience any of the water issues others mentioned, but I would say there’s a bit of a privacy design flaw as we could see the pool of the OWV to our right from our bedroom…and our neighbor liked to sunbathe naked all day so we had to keep the blinds down. Both our villas were on the sunrise side with no wind issues and our pool was always warm, even at night. Beach sand was a bit coarse, StR beach was better. Snorkeling from the villa imo was surprisingly much better than the StR, we saw a ton of colorful fish, sting rays, reef sharks, etc.

Some negatives, F&B staff was hit or miss. We never really got any complimentary dishes/drinks besides the standard amuse-bouche, and there was inconsistency with how some dishes were served, like a margarita pizza being served with basil one day, but not the other? The food itself was really good, but not as good as the StR. Food prices were reasonable for the Maldives. Portions were large and the free water at restaurants and the beach is a huge plus. Kids under 2 “eat free” but half the time we were charged for my sons kids meal, again inconsistency. Elite benefits are nothing great. They got rid of the afternoon tea and if you don’t ask for your 2 complimentary drinks you won’t get them. Food discounts don’t move the needle much at breakfast, and there was no elite cocktail hour in the 8 days we were there. Only the “all guest” cocktail party which was nothing special. We met a few directors who were really nice, but the new GM was nowhere to be seen.

Overall it was a great experience. Luckily, it stormed a bit for our departure and we were upgraded to the “Majesty” yacht which was 10x better and an experience. I’ve been to both the StR and the RC, and the RC is hands down the place to go IF you have kids or if you’re a first timer to the Maldives. If you’re traveling as a couple and you value service/consistency/beach I’d say the StR can’t be beat.
friedablass and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jcave114
Just a quick review, we were at the RC last week and had a wonderful stay.

Some positives: Arrival/departure staff went above and beyond, they even stayed with us at departure until we entered immigration. We took the red boat on arrival which made me taste the Qatar Airways Arabic mezze all over again. Our aris meeha was very attentive, would give us rides, and promptly answer all questions. She offered to move us from the OWV to a beach villa at arrival so our kids would be closer to the kids club/beach, but we asked to move half way through our stay. Cleaning staff was amazing, they were really friendly and went above and beyond for our kids. Ritz kids staff was also great, they would actually take the time to sit with our little ones and teach them about marine life, games, etc. Rooms were just stunning. We didn’t experience any of the water issues others mentioned, but I would say there’s a bit of a privacy design flaw as we could see the pool of the OWV to our right from our bedroom…and our neighbor liked to sunbathe naked all day so we had to keep the blinds down. Both our villas were on the sunrise side with no wind issues and our pool was always warm, even at night. Beach sand was a bit coarse, StR beach was better. Snorkeling from the villa imo was surprisingly much better than the StR, we saw a ton of colorful fish, sting rays, reef sharks, etc.

Some negatives, F&B staff was hit or miss. We never really got any complimentary dishes/drinks besides the standard amuse-bouche, and there was inconsistency with how some dishes were served, like a margarita pizza being served with basil one day, but not the other? The food itself was really good, but not as good as the StR. Food prices were reasonable for the Maldives. Portions were large and the free water at restaurants and the beach is a huge plus. Kids under 2 “eat free” but half the time we were charged for my sons kids meal, again inconsistency. Elite benefits are nothing great. They got rid of the afternoon tea and if you don’t ask for your 2 complimentary drinks you won’t get them. Food discounts don’t move the needle much at breakfast, and there was no elite cocktail hour in the 8 days we were there. Only the “all guest” cocktail party which was nothing special. We met a few directors who were really nice, but the new GM was nowhere to be seen.

Overall it was a great experience. Luckily, it stormed a bit for our departure and we were upgraded to the “Majesty” yacht which was 10x better and an experience. I’ve been to both the StR and the RC, and the RC is hands down the place to go IF you have kids or if you’re a first timer to the Maldives. If you’re traveling as a couple and you value service/consistency/beach I’d say the StR can’t be beat.
Thank you for the detailed review! May I ask which # OWV you were in? Would be good to know that it should be avoided as well as the neighboring one.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:04 pm

Great review! What was the first name of your aris meeha (so I can be on the lookout for my stay)?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Thank you for the detailed review! May I ask which # OWV you were in? Would be good to know that it should be avoided as well as the neighboring one.
223. Not sure if the view is the same for all OWV where you can see the neighbors pool from the room, maybe others can confirm.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great review! What was the first name of your aris meeha (so I can be on the lookout for my stay)?
Rayaa, she was amazing. Our kids were feeling a little sea sick after the red boat ride on arrival so she brought them stuffed animals, a nice note, and coconuts so they could freshen up and feel better
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
223. Not sure if the view is the same for all OWV where you can see the neighbors pool from the room, maybe others can confirm.
I could not see the neighbours' pool from our lagoon villa. So not a default condition
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I’ll be glad to provide a trip report once we get back.

We are headed to airport shortly. Day and a half of flying ahead of us (looking forward to trying out Etihad Studio Business, which appears to be a qsuite without the door).
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:31 pm

We have finally arrived. Pictures definitely do not do this amazing property justice.

Our villa was ready at 9:00am island time when we arrived and they had a bunch of snacks and goodies laid out for us.

Interesting enough, our Aris Meeha (Nabel) offered my wife the ritz Carlton beach bag and hats. No prompting our question from us.

Looking forward to exploring.

Last edited by Chewie; Jun 19, 2022 at 9:50 pm
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:09 am

I’ve lurked In this thread long enough. I intend to give a more robust appraisal after but will start with some initial thoughts.

We were fortunate enough to be picked up in the yacht instead of the normal transfer, which was a pleasant surprise. Upon arrival we were met by our groups Meeha as well as the property’s GM. All involved were beyond gracious. A quick tour of the property, followed by a brief check-in and then we were left to enjoy.

Initial thoughts are beyond positive. Rooms are all we can ask for as is the service and food. Seems to be a light crowd, which I’m sure contributes to the seemingly added attention.

While it is early, the initial feeling is great, regardless of price point.

Hope the sentiment continues…

Last edited by Leebowski; Jun 20, 2022 at 12:12 am Reason: Typos
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:38 am

We had the red speedboat but it was just my wife and I.

I agree that there is not a high occupancy.

No complaints about our view either!

Regarding the Air Conditioning. Wife isn’t used to Celsius. She set the thermostat to 19 and it was frigid when we got back to the room.

Last edited by Chewie; Jun 20, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:30 am

Hello all! My wife and I have 6 nights coming up in late July… stayed at St regis Maldives before, so we’re super excited to be able to try out the ritz to see how it compares.

I just have a couple of questions…

Does anyone know if breakfast will include morning cocktails like mimosas? If it does, I assumed i’d have to pay for the breakfast buffet instead of just ordering a la carte?

Which villa section/ number is best for this time of the year? I booked the basic overwater villa ocean View..

lastly, I understand that Tuesday has cocktail hrs for all guest and Thursday has cocktail hrs for elite members.. any other perks I should know about that I can take advantage of?

we’re going for our honeymoon so I just want everything to be as it should! Thank you any responses in advance!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There are two options for mimosas for breakfast, pay for the full buffet (if not included in your room rate), or pay as you go. The latter is more theoretical than practical as you would quickly overshoot the buffet price....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.