Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 3:34 am

Adastra sunset cruise

Originally Posted by godbreath
Let me know what you end up booking. We might be interested in the dinners or sunset cruises if you need more people.
Are you interested in a sunset cruise on Thursday (July 2) this coming week?
Cheers,
Jenna

Last edited by n2bspld; May 31, 2022 at 3:26 am
Old May 29, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by n2bspld
Are you interested in a sunset cruise on Wednesday (July 2) this coming week?
Cheers,
Jenna
Wednesday June 1st is the Ritz's 1 year opening anniversary. They have a free cocktail hour during sunset that we will go to.
NEfan22 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:56 am

Wednesday June 1st is the Ritz's 1 year opening anniversary. They have a free cocktail hour during sunset that we will go to.
That’s the only day Adastra was available for sunset. A free cocktail hour doesn’t motivate us too much but we’re open to options.

Enjoy and hope the weather improves.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by n2bspld
That’s the only day Adastra was available for sunset. A free cocktail hour doesn’t motivate us too much but we’re open to options.

Enjoy and hope the weather improves.
the happy hour begins at 7p but is on Wednesday June 1. We have Adastra reserved on the only day available which is Thursday a June 2.

sorry for any confusion

Last edited by n2bspld; May 31, 2022 at 3:21 am
Old May 31, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: UA/MM/1K
Are Ammenties Changing?

We are hearing for our stay in June (2 weeks away) that the amenities offered to Elite Guest are changing - for example no afternoon tea hours anymore. Does anyone know what is changing. Also open to sharing a private transfer to the hotel - we arrive at 10 am on June 13th. Any insights on changes? Quite surprised they don't have a daily cocktail hour??

Also curious - is lagoon view better or ocean view - we love to snorkel.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by acesflyerSFO
We are hearing for our stay in June (2 weeks away) that the amenities offered to Elite Guest are changing - for example no afternoon tea hours anymore. Does anyone know what is changing. Also open to sharing a private transfer to the hotel - we arrive at 10 am on June 13th. Any insights on changes? Quite surprised they don't have a daily cocktail hour??

Also curious - is lagoon view better or ocean view - we love to snorkel.
no tea. Once a week elite cocktail hour. The day changes. Sunrise side ocean view though I’d probably prefer beach the OW.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:26 am

June 2nd, the only day it’s available is actually Thursday!
sorry for the confusion!
Old May 31, 2022, 10:42 am

Sad to say this, but I’ll post my review of the RC hard product while on my flight back to the US later this week. Food on the first night was great, but that’s about all you’re getting on this island.

If you had a tripped planned for STR that was transferred to the Ritz due to the resort’s closure, I strongly encourage you to reschedule and go to STR when you can. You will be beyond disappointed if you had to compare the two. More to follow… but this is water above our bed on arrival. The design flaws of this resort are catastrophic.

Last edited by NEfan22; May 31, 2022 at 11:10 am
Old May 31, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by NEfan22
Sad to say this, but I’ll post my review of the RC hard product while on my flight back to the US later this week. Food on the first night was great, but that’s about all you’re getting on this island.

If you had a tripped planned for STR that was transferred to the Ritz due to the resort’s closure, I strongly encourage you to reschedule and go to STR when you can. You will be beyond disappointed if you had to compare the two. More to follow… but this is water above our bed on arrival. The design flaws of this resort are catastrophic.
Yeah, that dripped on my wife's head several nights....found if you left the ceiling fan turned on it didn't happen....
Old May 31, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Yeah, that dripped on my wife's head several nights....found if you left the ceiling fan turned on it didn't happen....
currently the solution we’re using, but just wow… not even close to a 5-star hotel experience nor comparable to our experience at the StR which was essentially flawless and greatly exceeded our expectations, even with the closure happening tomorrow.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by NEfan22
currently the solution we’re using, but just wow… not even close to a 5-star hotel experience nor comparable to our experience at the StR which was essentially flawless and greatly exceeded our expectations, even with the closure happening tomorrow.
It is a challenge with the humidity and aircon. Simple physics.

We had no issues with water on the ceiling at RC. But our butler asked us not to keep the door open at St R, as the condensation might short circuit the TV which was close to the door..... In the rainy season it is probably more challenging than in the more dry periods of the year.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I’ve had the same small issues here and there around the resort too. I normally would not mind, but this is by far the most expensive resort I’ve ever stayed at and I’m not sure what is supposed to be normal for this level
- our front door faces towards the wind and rain. On our second day which was the most rainy, a lot of water was seeping through the top and the bottom. I’ve had to put three bath towels and keep wringing them out every two minutes during the heaviest 10 minute downpour
- during this time, water was seeping through the ceiling and dropping onto the bathroom floor
- we had booked sunrise fishing at 730am. Our aris meeha told us the day before that it might be cancelled due to weather and that she would text us in the morning. That morning, I texted her at 645 and at 715 with no response. I finally called her at 725 and then she responded that it was cancelled after we were all ready to leave
- aris meeha first sent us a the outdated schedule that showed afternoon tea
- arabesque shows that lunch is served from 1230-6, but after going there, we found out that lunch closes at 2
- this week is Ritz’s one year opening anniversary. They have a cocktail hour on Wednesday and the weekly schedule still showed the regular cocktail hour on Tuesday. However upon asking around, they just moved the regular Tuesday cocktail hour to Wednesday, so it’s not anything extra this week.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:41 pm

I’ve had the same small issues here and there around the resort too. I normally would not mind, but this is by far the most expensive resort I’ve ever stayed at and I’m not sure what is supposed to be normal for this level
- our front door faces towards the wind and rain. On our second day which was the most rainy, a lot of water was seeping through the top and the bottom. I’ve had to put three bath towels and keep wringing them out every two minutes during the heaviest 10 minute downpour
- during this time, water was seeping through the ceiling and dropping onto the bathroom floor
- we had booked sunrise fishing at 730am. Our aris meeha told us the day before that it might be cancelled due to weather and that she would text us in the morning. That morning, I texted her at 645 and at 715 with no response. I finally called her at 725 and then she responded that it was cancelled after we were all ready to leave
- aris meeha first sent us a the outdated schedule that showed afternoon tea
- arabesque shows that lunch is served from 1230-6, but after going there, we found out that lunch closes at 2
- this week is Ritz’s one year opening anniversary. They have a cocktail hour on Wednesday and the weekly schedule still showed the regular cocktail hour on Tuesday. However upon asking around, they just moved the regular Tuesday cocktail hour to Wednesday, so it’s not anything extra this week.
I'm beginning to regret cancelling my Waldorf Maldives stay in favor of the RC....
Old May 31, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is a challenge with the humidity and aircon. Simple physics.
The design and quality of construction is the true issue. The rooms are not adequately weather sealed. It doesn’t need to be perfect and no resort is. However, last night, the bathroom tub’s maintenance door was blowing open constantly due to the wind which allowed a constant flow of humid air into our room. Everything feels damp. The output from the AC can’t compete with that.

In addition, “indoor” shower has both interior and exterior doors, both of which have 1-3” gaps at the top, small gaps at the bottom, and zero weather stripping on all sides. This means 100% of the time you have a significant amount of warm air entering your room and cool air leaving. That’s the true problem.

A resort of this caliber, open for one year, should simply not have the amount of interior water damage that it does already. Not just to the ceiling but to the wood paneling as well. It’s disappointing to me that so many were moved here from StR as this is often a once-in-a-lifetime experience given the cost and it’s simply not close to the quality of experience we’ve received elsewhere in the Maldives.

We stayed at COMO Maalifushi for our honeymoon eight years ago, which was 11 months after their resort’s opening, and while their butler service needed much improvement, their hard product was well beyond that of the Ritz.

EDIT: Obviously tough to stay objective given we just came in from a near flawless experience at the St Regis, but there are elements of both resorts which are similar. Dinner was excellent at Iwau, Beach Shack lunch was average, and the breakfast buffets are almost equivalent. I enjoyed the a la carte offerings at St Regis a bit more, and the service was more attentive there. The staff will chat you up about your stay, experience, etc. and truly feel like family. Our butler at StR told us two of his brothers worked at the RC and one of them waited on us at Iwau last night and the quality of service was excellent. We’ve still been chatting with him via WhatsApp in the days after our stay (sharing selfies with both his brothers, etc)

For those at the Ritz - feel free to come say hi if you see my wife (Tiffany) and I (Brian) around the island (lunch/dinner/cocktail hour/etc).

Last edited by NEfan22; Jun 1, 2022 at 4:41 am
Old May 31, 2022, 9:45 pm
kkl

Don’t think you can leave the AC on with the doors open, condensation builds up. This also happens at the STR.

from memory the STR has a much large fan, which helped with the condensation.

the biggest design flaw would be the water seeping through the doors. I was told that the property had 1 year “break in” period with the builders and this issue will be rectified asap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.