Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
What do you mean by factory like?
mad made artificially
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
What do you mean by factory like?
too big so loses the touch of personal service. Just trying to get people in and out.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The resort is now part of this environmental program. The sea drone looks pretty cool

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyqubein/2021/08/22/ritz-carlton-adds-maldives-resort-to-its-ambassadors-of-the-environment-program/
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Just received an email from property advising of over $60,000 cancellation penalty should I cancel within 90 days of arrival.

Booked one week stay for two rooms using points over the Christmas holiday.

Can this be correct? Still have a few weeks to decide but seems harsh and nearly an impossible risk to take in normal times let alone now.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:07 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by raiz
Just received an email from property advising of over $60,000 cancellation penalty should I cancel within 90 days of arrival.

Can this be correct? Still have a few weeks to decide but seems harsh and nearly an impossible risk to take in normal times let alone now.
Are you willing to share the text of the email outlining this? That’s an insane cancellation cost for any stay under a few weeks lol.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

What was in your original booking confirmation, and what does the app/website say now?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What was in your original booking confirmation, and what does the app/website say now?
You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (90 day[s] before arrival).

No mention of what the charge would be inside of the 90 days. Call center sees nothing on their end either.

It's possible or likely that the app displayed the policy at the time of the booking but can't replicate that now as rooms aren't available

Don't mind sharing text of the email once after I speak with the property
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (90 daybefore arrival).

No mention of what the charge would be inside of the 90 days. Call center sees nothing on their end either.

It's possible or likely that the app displayed the policy at the time of the booking but can't replicate that now as rooms aren't available

Don't mind sharing text of the email once after I speak with the property
I was thinking what does the app say as cancellation conditions for your current booking? I was just checking mine for January, the email says cancel for free 21 days out, but the app specifies the cancellation fee for later cancellation. In my case that is one night cash price for the room.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:42 pm

I was thinking what does the app say as cancellation conditions for your current booking? I was just checking mine for January, the email says cancel for free 21 days out, but the app specifies the cancellation fee for later cancellation. In my case that is one night cash price for the room.
I will be there January 29-feb 4th and I logged into the app and I dont see anything as well as checked my reservation. Says I can cancel by Jan 8th. I too booked with points
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:38 pm

Cancellation policy on the app is vague:

You may cancel you reservation for no charge before 11:59pm local hotel time on Sep 21, 2021 (90 day(s) before arrival). Please note that we will assess a fee if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your card.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may cancel you reservation for no charge before 11:59pm local hotel time on Sep 21, 2021 (90 day(s) before arrival). Please note that we will assess a fee if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your card.
That is less specific than mine, which does mention 1 night including taxes.

Looking at Xmas cash pricing for Xmas, I wonder if it isn't the cash rate for the two rooms for the stay? When I stayed at the St Regis Maldives in 2019, the cash rate for the stay was the cancellation penalty for an award booking, though only with 30 days' deadline.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Aug 31, 2021 at 10:18 pm
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:45 pm

Be careful if you cancel after the deadline, they will charge you the cash rate equivalent and refund only your points if it’s an award booking
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:54 pm

This is Marriott's policy (not the hotels). There were bunch of unhinged lunatics raving in the St Regis Aspen thread a few years ago about their cancellation policy. It is exactly what you are facing here. The Marriott policy if you no show or cancel a points reservation within the cancellation window is for your points to be refunded and the hotel to charge you the nightly cash rate for your stay. New Years is definitely going to be an expensive time. So if the nightly room rate is $3k or $4k per night at the time you booked, that is what you'll be charged. Small consolation is your points will be refunded ... When you get into some of the more expensive properties, especially at peak times, the total cash bill could be a huge burden if you no show.

SPG had a nice policy where it was your option of cash or points for no shows. If you no showed but wanted to surrender your points, you could e-mail customer service and they'd settle the bill with points originally paid. It really would be nice if Marriott adopted the same policy ...
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by mrfussion
This is Marriott's policy (not the hotels). There were bunch of unhinged lunatics raving in the St Regis Aspen thread a few years ago about their cancellation policy. It is exactly what you are facing here. The Marriott policy if you no show or cancel a points reservation within the cancellation window is for your points to be refunded and the hotel to charge you the nightly cash rate for your stay. New Years is definitely going to be an expensive time. So if the nightly room rate is $3k or $4k per night at the time you booked, that is what you'll be charged. Small consolation is your points will be refunded ... When you get into some of the more expensive properties, especially at peak times, the total cash bill could be a huge burden if you no show.

SPG had a nice policy where it was your option of cash or points for no shows. If you no showed but wanted to surrender your points, you could e-mail customer service and they'd settle the bill with points originally paid. It really would be nice if Marriott adopted the same policy ...
thats crazy. The whole point of award bookings is to get value for redemption and not pay cash! I would very much prefer they keep the points and not charge my card. Ludicrous
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:29 pm

90 days? Honestly feels like a money grab with covid still prevalent. The Waldorf has just a 30 day cancellation window if I remember correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.