Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nmpls
I'm probably going to earn plat at minimum the hard way assuming travel opens by fall (I had 31 nights before stopping travel in February), but I consider this perfectly reasonable. I'm sure others will complain though. I do wish they'd give a 12 month extension on FNAs, but assuming I can go on my vacation in September (fingers crossed), I'll still be able to use em.
Marriott is damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Twickenham and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
expiration date shows up on desktop right under the “You are XXX elite” and it says (at least on mine) “ Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022”
For some reason my computer browser shows the following

This is what it looks like on my phone

qlaval likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gokeeper
For some reason my computer browser shows the following

This is what it looks like on my phone

Open that page on your phone and you will see it, it won't show on a computer browser.
This advice worked, thank you. However, I've loaded the site on mobile before and not seen this so the banner might be new UI?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
On official website, under COVID19.

Looks like they're sending out multiple versions of the email.

The version I have has slightly different verbiage and completely omits info regarding SNA and FNA:

Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:02 pm

I'm Titanium with 38 nights so far this year, and I'm not seeing anything like this on my phone, the web page, nor have I seen an email. Perhaps they are sending these things in waves.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Talking

SPN Lifer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by d3vi0uz

The version I have has slightly different verbiage and completely omits info regarding SNA and FNA:
you are quoting two different things.. website now shows a combined extension. Email today only talks about status extension. SNA and Free night award extension email was sent a while back.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:24 pm

Is this on the app? If so, where? I don't see any expiration date.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by nall
Is this on the app? If so, where? I don't see any expiration date.
Mobile version of the Marriott website.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Refresh. It's all being rolled out. Analyze it, dice it, critique it ....
It's valued and it's very much appreciated.
Thanks Marriott!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
So I am still traveling and even during this awful pandemic I will definitely earn Ambassador status this year the hard way. So I'm thinking, if Marriott is extending everyone and you have people like me who really earned it, shouldn't that count for me in 2021 so I should get Ambassador status until Feb 2023? Just sayin.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by d3vi0uz

Is your profile based in Mainland China or Asia Pacific? A friend whose profile listed her country of residence as China received a variation of the last CEO message, 3 weeks ago -- with a particular section omitted versus what I received (in Canada). I think they are tailoring these emails based on member's address on file as members in Mainland China were offered some different stuff.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:48 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Very glad to hear this. We squeaked into Plat last year the hard way, already took advantage at Bahia Beach. Even with a robust vacation schedule planned this year we were quite unlikely to qualify again, and most of our upcoming planned stays were at places where Plat is pretty meaningless anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by mikebor
So I am still traveling and even during this awful pandemic I will definitely earn Ambassador status this year the hard way. So I'm thinking, if Marriott is extending everyone and you have people like me who really earned it, shouldn't that count for me in 2021 so I should get Ambassador status until Feb 2023? Just sayin.
Considering your apparent concern for Ambassadors in another thread I am very surprised you are not isolating to protect yourself and others.

What surprised me far more however is the fact that Marriott has here done the right thing and taken any pressure of non required travel not just in the next few months but the rest of the year, rather than hold status over its members and force them to consider travel, yet you don't commend this, you feel you deserve more.

It is comments like this that devalue the times when companies like Marriott do the right thing and everytime someone says something like this you decreases the chance that next time they will.

So Marriott from me (who would most likely still do 100 nights and the spend anyway) thank you for doing the right thing and on this occasion doing it in a timely manner without external pressure. You have on this stepped up and for that I view Marriott better than I did at the start of today.
clarkef, txpenny and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:54 pm

Platinum is the lowest status that matters in the status chain. Even if you were the next level up (titanium), not much of a difference the majority of the time and places.
Happy and KRSW like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.