Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott closing down Marriott Insiders (MRI) - refugees thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott closing down Marriott Insiders (MRI) - refugees thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
For those insiders joining FT, I was Tker over there. Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:08 pm

To be honest, I forgot that MI still existed. I would have thought that would have been scrapped in the merger, especially the migration to the new IT systems.

Welcome MI refugees! Us FT'ers aren't that bad, honestly! More bark than bite.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by KRSW
To be honest, I forgot that MI still existed. I would have thought that would have been scrapped in the merger, especially the migration to the new IT systems.

Welcome MI refugees! Us FT'ers aren't that bad, honestly! More bark than bite.
Yah, we is a ruff crowd.

David
Twickenham and TomBrady like this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by YogiB
Hi there,

Another disappointing move from Marriott: they are shutting down Marriott Insiders later today. Only 24h notice.

While a couple of members have taken the initiative to hop over to Travellers Point, I'm not convinced it's the place for us due to their restrictions (can't tag members, not allowed to discus promotions, etc.)

Are you willing to take in some of Marriott's true Insiders? In return, you may let some of you join in the fun at the third TIPPLE meet up in Seattle this September.
That's 24 more hours than AMBs received for the loss of Ambassadors as a published benefit that was earned (100+ nights AND $20,000+ spend).
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Welcome back insiders! I have to admit that I tried to use MI when I was heavily frequenting Marriotts, but generally found I got more information from FT. It does seem like Marriott has decided that elites aren’t worth the extra costs of the loyalty program; the various devaluations of benefits and poor treatment of long time elites seems to be getting worse over time. I’d like to think that they’ll regret that decision when travel starts up again in earnest, but I’m biased- it may work for their bottom line.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by YogiB
SNIP/SNIP... it's impossible that it's worse than Facebook, which is a free unlimited buffet for trolls.
Too true, that!
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by injian
its still intimidating! 🙂
+1
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
I hadn't been following either that closely the last couple of weeks, so I found out by logging into MI and seeing it was locked.

Shame to see it go completely, but the handwriting was on the wall
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I very much liked the concept, vibe and overall community feel to Marriott Insiders site. It was not the most user friendly site and it did have its technical glitches but liked it for Marriott specific info better than FT.
qlaval likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Although Insiders is supposed to be Read Only, some portions still work and I've been able to post things. Yes, most is locked down, but not everything. Probably a Db problem and indicative of how Marriott doesn't really know what they're doing with all the IT problems, data hacks, and website malfunctions.
Hi BrightlyBob and YogiB.
Cheers!
BrightlyBob and qlaval like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:29 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hi AzTag, good to see you made it here!

Setting MRI to “Read Only” seems to have led to data that should be protected becoming readable too, so it looks like Marriotts closed down the website, supposedly temporarily but in reality I’m not sure Marriott will be wiling to pay to correct the error just to make a site visible which they’re intending to go dark anyway! Likewise Jive (the MRI website contractors) are equally unlikely to want to commit anything more than the minimum effort to comply with data protection regs when the reality is the MRI contract is clearly close to its end...
SPN Lifer and qlaval like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hi everyone, welcome over to FT from Insiders. It is unfortunate that Marriott killed it with little notice, but not surprising since they probably don't know what to do with it... especially in light of their clueless IT
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Sad news for those that knew Brightly Bob..a great and very active Insider.
SPN Lifer, Armani and nacho like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I have provided a link to the foregoing post as a new post within the "In Memoriam" thread of CommunityBuzz.

In Memoriam: FlyerTalk Members Who Have Departed

RIP, ​​​​​BrightlyBob. 🙏 💚

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 22, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Sad news for those that knew Brightly Bob..a great and very active Insider.
Thanks for passing on this very sad information. Brightly Bob will be greatly missed. I was a very active insider for years, but stopped participating after the 'enhancements' a couple of years ago. Rest in peace 'Bob'.
Brendan and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.