Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy members demoted after Mariott rep says they would be soft-landed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy members demoted after Mariott rep says they would be soft-landed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Now Im lost after reading a post a few posts up. OP I assumed you had asked a Lurker the question about a soft landing. Now it seems you never did but simply read what either a Lurker answered someone else or what that other person posted a Lurker told them. Its very possible due to how long or how much that other person was with MR or Spends that after reviewing that persons acct MR granted a soft to them and didnt intend to grant it to Everyone else. And you took that to mean it applys to everyone. Did you at anytime ask and get areply froma Lurker about if you would get a soft landing?? Or did a Lurker make a public statement that a soft landing will apply to everyone ??
This post reeks of mental gymnastics just like I predicted. His gymnastics are as such - 'you did not ask it personally, therefore they're allowed to say what they want'. He did NOT give his marriott account to the lurker. Can you PLEASE stop mental gymnastics and adding your own (absolutely BS) flair of what you think happened. You're starting to sound like Marriott

By the way, the thread WAS a general thread that applied to everyone - he wasn't even the OP. He was just responding to what the OP said (asking if soft landings would be given for everyone). He was basically asking 'so if what OP says is true, will I land with x', and the lurker confirmed it

Last edited by mingzie; Mar 23, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mingzie
This post reeks of mental gymnastics just like I predicted. His gymnastics are as such - 'you did not ask it personally, therefore they're allowed to say what they want'. He did NOT give his marriott account to the lurker. Can you PLEASE stop mental gymnastics and adding your own (absolutely BS) flair of what you think happened. You're starting to sound like Marriott
But is he wrong? My money says...NO!
Newman and TomBrady like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotelboy
But is he wrong? My money says...NO!
Yes 100% wrong. The replies in this thread are disgusting. It's by elites who want to 'thin the herd' because they weren't personally affected by the decision to stiff Titaniums. Therefore they are happy to support Marriott in lies to get a 'perceived' benefit for themselves (one less person in the lounge, one more upgrade in the pool). It is disgusting for the human race to see the responses shutting my legitimate concerns down due to elitism and greed. I have to go vomit now.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Yes 100% wrong. The replies in this thread are disgusting. It's by elites who want to 'thin the herd' because they weren't personally affected by the decision to stiff Titaniums. Therefore they are happy to support Marriott in lies to get a 'perceived' benefit for themselves (one less person in the lounge, one more upgrade in the pool). It is disgusting for the human race to see the responses shutting my legitimate concerns down due to elitism and greed. I have to go vomit now.
So melodramatic.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Ah ok, I guess Marriott can lie about anything they want then. No explanation needed. Thanks for clearing that up with your useful opinion

Every other respectable business in the world is true to their word. That is why Hilton and Hyatt threads are full of praise. Its like an airline promising status extension for a year due to Covid. You are excited and get all your points ready and flights booked for next year then all of a sudden.. "nah". We don't owe you an explanation because it wasn't in the t&c. How much of a sucker do you have to be to defend a companys lies?

Then again, it's mostly greedy people. "I should be the only one with status so I get more upgrades regardless of marriotts lies, forget about how other people feel or were affected"
Haven't you learned by now, expecting sympathy and empathy from a large portion of the regulars who post on this site is just not gonna happen. Your post is legit and the question is valid, but of course the angry hater responses start coming and attack you smh. It's not surprising but don't let these haters goad you into a back and forth with them. You won't win. There's too many who love these kinds of threads mainly because they can attack YOU and blame you, not Marriott.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
If this is your biggest worry, which it must be near the top based on attention and posting frequency, you are having a pretty good experience right now amongst those losing jobs, not knowing where rent is coming from etc. You can tweet, call Marriott etc and see what they say, they didn't even process downgrades when they were supposed to so that was botched. But in the big scheme of the world today, this is a small issue.
Newman likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
No you are just over the top on this type of issue right now. Travel is nearly impossible-this can be resolved and your anger at someone reporting info they are shared. I can assure you Lurkers didn't tell us anything they didn't have approved. The info may have been wrong, but lying implies intent. I doubt very seriously they knew they were giving you incorrect info.
Newman and trouble747 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
If this is your biggest worry, which it must be near the top based on attention and posting frequency, you are having a pretty good experience right now amongst those losing jobs, not knowing where rent is coming from etc. You can tweet, call Marriott etc and see what they say, they didn't even process downgrades when they were supposed to so that was botched. But in the big scheme of the world today, this is a small issue.
As stated by a moderator, please refrain from beating the dead horse and belittling people by telling them we should not be worried about this. There is a life after Coronavirus. It's like going to a tennis forum and then complaining about someone talking about tennis. There are threads devoted to discussing the Coronavirus so keep it in there.

No you are just over the top on this type of issue right now. Travel is nearly impossible-this can be resolved and your anger at someone reporting info they are shared. I can assure you Lurkers didn't tell us anything they didn't have approved. The info may have been wrong, but lying implies intent. I doubt very seriously they knew they were giving you incorrect info.
That is a stupid thing to say. It's like if the government promised a stimulus package and then reneged on it but said "oh but at the time we were planning to give it so none of you can complain!"

Also, as noted by a moderator again please stop beating the dead horse about the Coronavirus
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Wow.

My take on all of this is the following: what ultimate satisfaction are you going to get from a statement from Marriott? If anything has been learned since the Starwood merger, it’s that Marriott has always over-promised and under-delivered: we were going to get the best and strongest loyalty program in the industry, we were going to get new tech systems where we could select our rooms in-app and so on. What we got instead is shoddy IT that unexplainable persists to this day, a top-level loyalty tier that is anything but gratifying and rewarding, and an obstinate CEO who calls you and all of us “noise around the edges.” What good is a hollow, schmaltzy press release or apology going to do for you?

Marriott is about the money: if you and many others don’t give them yours, they won’t survive. If you really want to stick it to Marriott, vote with your wallet, pack your bags and move your business elsewhere. PS - I’m not under any circumstances defending Marriott here - I too am fed up with their ignorance and facelessness and have been planning to bounce. These next few months are going to be very interesting indeed..

khabah
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by khabah
Wow.

My take on all of this is the following: what ultimate satisfaction are you going to get from a statement from Marriott? If anything has been learned since the Starwood merger, it’s that Marriott has always over-promised and under-delivered: we were going to get the best and strongest loyalty program in the industry, we were going to get new tech systems where we could select our rooms in-app and so on. What we got instead is shoddy IT that unexplainable persists to this day, a top-level loyalty tier that is anything but gratifying and rewarding, and an obstinate CEO who calls you and all of us “noise around the edges.” What good is a hollow, schmaltzy press release or apology going to do for you?

Marriott is about the money: if you and many others don’t give them yours, they won’t survive. If you really want to stick it to Marriott, vote with your wallet, pack your bags and move your business elsewhere. PS - I’m not under any circumstances defending Marriott here - I too am fed up with their ignorance and facelessness and have been planning to bounce. These next few months are going to be very interesting indeed..

khabah
Because I don't just want a statement, I want a resolution and fix for this.
​​​​​
If that is completely not possible, I want a damn good reason as to why they lied.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by khabah

khabah
I suggest to the OP that he follow this advice and vote with his wallet. Anyone who wants to leave go ahead. I
promise you that even if all the Bonvoy FT members left Marriott would not feel it the slightest. Just the honest truth. It’s all about the numbers man!
Newman likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

It is a big worry for me. I spend hard earned cash, my entire life 9-5 or more working for my dollars. If a company lies about what they are offering and that in turn leads me to make different financial choices (such as actively aiming to stack up Marriott points) with my hard earned money I spend all my life and energy trying to earn, you can damn be sure it's an issue to me.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:40 pm

Because I don't just want a statement, I want a resolution and fix for this.
​​​​​
If that is completely not possible, I want a damn good reason as to why they lied.
AGAIN no one lied. The lurker answered a question about a specific poster that is not YOU.
Newman likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotelboy
AGAIN no one lied. The lurker answered a question about a specific poster that is not YOU.
Mental gymnastics I see. At FlyerTalk we should discuss with logic, not with funny mental gymnastics with zero logic.
​​​​​​
You can explain away anything with mental gymnastics

It's like saying the lurker said "yes off-peak will cost less" to a poster. And then we see off peak costing more. "LOLOLOLOL he was responding only to that particular poster not to you LOLOLOLOL off peak only costs less to him because he is a special Marriott member LOLOLOOLO!!!".

Last edited by mingzie; Mar 23, 2020 at 10:46 pm
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:47 pm

I have never seen the term mental gymnastics used so many times in my life. (Btw, it goes both ways)

anyways, i hope it works out for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.