Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton cc no longer offers Gold status, or just Marriott bug?

Old Mar 22, 20, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi all: My Marriott account dropped this past couple days from Plat to Silver, even though I have the RC cc. Anybody have the same experience? I'm hoping that it's a Marriott bug and their management re-grants Gold for their RC cc users... Anyways, looks like I might end up pushing spend to other cc's.
Old Mar 22, 20, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card — Benefits:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...r/ritz-carlton
Old Mar 23, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: *A
Same here. Must be a bug.
Old Mar 26, 20, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I went from Platinum to Gold, with about $75,000 in spend, again. Will drop this card. The upgrade certificates are too hard to use, and the $300 travel credit can't be used to upgrade to first class without a fight. Strange move in this troubled times.
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence
Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
the $300 travel credit can't be used to upgrade to first class without a fight.
I’ve had this card since it came out in 2011. In the first few years I got pushback on getting upgrades paid for but I haven’t had a single issue with it in the last 6-7 years.
Old Apr 15, 20, 12:48 pm
mgi

I went from Platinum to Gold, with about $75,000 in spend, again. Will drop this card. The upgrade certificates are too hard to use, and the $300 travel credit can't be used to upgrade to first class without a fight. Strange move in this troubled times.
They dropped the 75K spend to Platinum from Titanium but if you hit the threshold, you should still be Platinum not Gold. I am also a bit miffed at losing Titanium - havent had complaints with the card otherwise (aside from the flimsy replacement cards) but this is irksome. Titanium seemed worthwhile for the spend - Platinum not so much. Maybe time to re-evaluate...
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:00 pm

Titanium and platinum are virtually the same. One doesn't have much over the other. Now if it was platinum or titanium to gold, then its definitely time to reevaluate.
dayone likes this.
Old Apr 18, 20, 12:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC
Not sure what you mean by "about $75,000 in spend," but as long as you have at least $75,000 in spend, you quality for Platinum. Call them to point that out, or send an SM. Don't give up without a fight, but it's unfortunate that you have to fight to get it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: