Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Instagram Influencer Claims They Are "Stranded" at the JW Maldives Due to COVID-19

Instagram Influencer Claims They Are "Stranded" at the JW Maldives Due to COVID-19

Old Mar 15, 20, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

"Imagine being stuck on the most beautiful island while all this is happening in the world... Well, apparently that‘s exactly what happened to us which we absolutely don’t mind 🙏🏽☺️
The government locked down the inner-island traffic here in the Maldives 🙈 so it looks like we are stranded here @jwmmaldives for 14 days 🌴🥰 #couldbeworse
We were anyways not looking forward to coming home soon because we would have to immediately go in quarantine 😷 in Malta. Meaning staying at home 14 days with a baby in our little apartment (no gym, no going for a walk etc.). Being a small island with lots of supply problems you can imagine what is going on in Malta at the moment 😩 Not sure if we would have even gotten diapers there... screw the toilet paper 😂
So I guess it was God‘s plan 🙏🏽 that we are lucky to stay a bit longer here in our tropical „bubble“ 🛁 before we finally return back to reality 🙈 It was crazy that when we left the situation was much less severe 😩 How much can change in just 2 weeks 😳
Hope everyone is safe 🙏🏽❤️ & surrounded by your loved ones 🤗 #whatmattersmost How is the situation where you live? ☺️"

Old Mar 15, 20, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
All those ridiculous icons immediately make me not believe anything this "influencer" says.
Old Mar 15, 20, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
She thinks Malta will have supply chain issues and not her isolated island in the Indian Ocean?!
cawhite, seanp7, cre95 and 9 others like this.

Last edited by justforfun; Mar 16, 20 at 12:04 pm
Old Mar 15, 20, 9:44 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
I believe in karma - people showing off while people suffer (losing their jobs, thousands dying etc) will always lose in the end. Just terrible.
Old Mar 15, 20, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
All those ridiculous icons immediately make me not believe anything this "influencer" says.
That person being an influencer immediately makes me not believe anything they say.
cawhite, KRSW, dongjunzhao and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 15, 20, 10:10 pm

Programs: Alaska
what's about the cost?

It is not cheap to stay there for extended period....
Old Mar 15, 20, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
what's about the cost?

It is not cheap to stay there for extended period....
They've claimed in multiple replies to comments JW Maldives is covering 14 nights complimentary.

Old Mar 15, 20, 10:39 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Oh the horrors. Poor thing needs to get checked for skin cancer.
Old Mar 16, 20, 12:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Tanic View Post
Oh the horrors. Poor thing needs to get checked for skin cancer.
And the sunscreen that's clearly bleaching her brain cells.

David
Old Mar 16, 20, 2:38 am

Yeah, "God's plan" was to stand you in the Maldives.

Humans are doomed.
Old Mar 16, 20, 5:31 am

A little confused. Can she not get back to Male or is she trying to go to another hotel? If the former, everyone is stuck which doesn’t seem to be the case. If the latter, she should just go back to Male and fly home...
Old Mar 16, 20, 5:34 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
To the OP - why would you even know about this person? And why should anyone know about her?
solewalker likes this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Note to self, my trip to the JW in three weeks, bring it on! I mean I spent 385k (or so) points for 5 nights, would be good to get another two weeks for free . Better than self-quarantine in Hong Kong (or even my overnight stopover of the Male Hotel Jen...)

(crossed fingers that the Maldives doesn't ban my travel; the seaplane still goes; SQ doesn't stop the flights; SQ doesn't declare bankruptcy; the world doesn't end)
Old Mar 16, 20, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
What a bimbo. Yes, a resort island is better stocked than Malta...hahahaha. And the health system in the Maldives is top notch as well!
TerryK, KRSW, Silver Fox and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 20, 7:04 am

Programs: Blinged Out
I would never wish COVID19 on anyone, but....
seanp7, Silver Fox, fdem and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: