Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pets - How to find out if allowed and fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold

Sorry if this is somewhere else already. I tried searching but really couldn't find anything. Is there a way to find out on the Marriott site (or app):
1. if a Marriott-family hotel accepts pets at all?
2. if so, what the fees are?

I can't seem to find a location on a hotel's website. I realize one can call as well, but wonder if there is a more systematic/consistent way of finding this information.

TIA.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dcchi
Sorry if this is somewhere else already. I tried searching but really couldn't find anything. Is there a way to find out on the Marriott site (or app):
1. if a Marriott-family hotel accepts pets at all?
2. if so, what the fees are?

I can't seem to find a location on a hotel's website. I realize one can call as well, but wonder if there is a more systematic/consistent way of finding this information.

TIA.
On the hotel’s website, click on All Hotel Details and the Pet Policy should be there. There will be a pawprint symbol there as well if the hotel is pet friendly. You can also filter your search as well. Just click on All Filters and you will see a Pets Welcome filter under Amenities.

For example:

margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by Finkface; Mar 11, 2020 at 11:13 am
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Finkface. This is supremely helpful. Appreciate it.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is also the option of calling the hotel directly and asking.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Having a pet for the first time now, I'm interested in understanding from others what the normal process/practice is when you want to bring your pet with you. Assuming that the hotel allows pets (and understanding that there are charges for that), do you need to call/inform the hotel in advance? What do others do?

Any other tips for consideration in bringing a pet to a hotel? Thanks in advance for any advice. (In case it matters, we have a relatively small dog (12-15 pounds).)
Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:19 pm

You can also filter all pet friendly hotels in your chosen area.

On the website selection go to "All Filters" just under the Edit button once you've searched, pet friendly is under the Amenities tab.
qlaval likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by dcchi
Having a pet for the first time now, I'm interested in understanding from others what the normal process/practice is when you want to bring your pet with you. Assuming that the hotel allows pets (and understanding that there are charges for that), do you need to call/inform the hotel in advance? What do others do?

Any other tips for consideration in bringing a pet to a hotel? Thanks in advance for any advice. (In case it matters, we have a relatively small dog (12-15 pounds).)
You can make a note when you make a reservation on the website. You can also call and confirm with hotel a couple of days before you check in. Some hotels have designated pet friendly rooms or floors. It would be good to give them a heads-up that you will be bringing a pet. You can also ask then if they can provide a dog bed or a dog bowl for you should you desire one.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unfortunately, pet friendly doesn't tell the whole story. There can be restrictions on the species of animal (dog or cat only or rabbits, hamsters, birds (type?), gerbils, pot belly pigs, miniature horses, etc. also allowed?) or on weight per animal or total pet weight per room. At a minimum, you should plan to put the pet in its crate whenever you are not in the room and use an appropriate leash (and muzzle, harness) in all public areas of the hotel.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Typically Aloft, Residence Inn and some Westin brands are pet friendly. But best to call the hotel directly and ask about traveling with a pet and the fees.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The Sheraton brand used to be extremely pet friendly. Not even a clean up fee! When I was in sales, my dog traveled with me extensively. She's been to more hotels than a lot of people I know. She was always neatly groomed and she was never allowed on the furniture in the room. I brought her dog bed for her to sleep in. You would never have known there was a dog in the room.

I have no idea if that's changed since the Marriott takeover.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
As others have mentioned, best to call the hotel in advance of your stay (at least for your first stay at the property with a pet). Residence Inn's definitely have a subset of rooms that are allocated for guests with pets. I would imagine the other MR brands are the same. Calling ahead lets them allocate an appropriate room for you in advance versus potentially having to juggle room assignments once you have arrived.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.