Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Temporary closure/restriction of LOUNGES, RESTAURANTS & FACILITIES due to Covid-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Temporary closure/restriction of LOUNGES, RESTAURANTS & FACILITIES due to Covid-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, Hyatt Glob; HH-Gold
J W Marriott - Austin

The JW Marriott in Austin was great. Their club room is still closed, however, they gave me 2 coupons worth up to $10 to use at the On Site Starbucks for my 1 night stay. I was very happy with this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Lounges still closed in London hotels due to covid

Has anyone else experienced lounges in the london area that are still closed due to covid?

The restaurants and bar are fully opened and the hotels seem busy.

All appear to be Diamond Gold properties!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by anotherpax
Has anyone else experienced lounges in the london area that are still closed due to covid?

The restaurants and bar are fully opened and the hotels seem busy.

All appear to be Diamond Gold properties!
Not just a Marriott thing, or a London thing for that matter either. Mainly to do with operational, (either costs, or lack of available staff) rather than health related issues.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Pretty much all the heathrow hotel lounges are open, but not in central london!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Marriott Canary Wharf lounge is fully open. Their replacement in the bar over summer was excellent too. I have moaned about this hotel in the past, but they have sorted their staffing and looked after this regular very well in the last year.
Horace likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:07 pm

Whats the good word on M Club...

Any reports out there as to when M clubs will re open? Omicron will possibly continue to put a damper on lounges.... have you heard anything?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by agayam
Any reports out there as to when M clubs will re open? Omicron will possibly continue to put a damper on lounges.... have you heard anything?
Some are open already. It just depends on the property. It's not really a covid issue for the most part, it is a staffing/cost issue.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
It is mainly cost cutting. I understand the staffing issue but many hotels have opened their M clubs. Others saying due to Covid. Marriott should start demanding they open as a benefit.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by puntamita
It is mainly cost cutting. I understand the staffing issue but many hotels have opened their M clubs. Others saying due to Covid. Marriott should start demanding they open as a benefit.
Over the last 2 months, we have stayed at several (over 10) different properties in LA area... none of them had M club open :-(
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The lounge at the Westin Copley Place is now closed weekends. This is a change from 2019. They do provide Titanium's with $25 breakfast credits which frankly is way better food than they used to have at the lounge so there's that.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.