Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Combining girlfriend's free night certificate with mine in one stay?

Old Mar 3, 20, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'm a Platinum member while my girlfriend only have Silver status. Is it possible to combine her free night certificate with mine in one stay? If so, is it possible to get the hotel to apply my Platinum status for the entire stay rather than for the one night in which I redeem my free night certificate?
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:09 pm
formerly damnyourefine

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
It will have to be two separate reservations regardless.

You can try adding yourself as a guest on her reservation and kindly at checkin ask them to link the two back to back reservations, and if they would honor Platinum for the second night. Though, YMMV as they aren’t liable to do so.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 3, 20, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Book her night as the second night. Should be fine.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by clublounger View Post
Book her night as the second night. Should be fine.
I didn't get your reply early enough. I booked her night as the first night because I thought I can get at least 4 PM on the second night if they deny my request.
Old Mar 4, 20, 2:15 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I didn't get your reply early enough. I booked her night as the first night because I thought I can get at least 4 PM on the second night if they deny my request.
That is sound logic. Hopefully you'll get a kind check-in agent and it'll all work out. Please post your results.

If you are stressing about it, I'd suggest calling the hotel and speaking to a front-office manager. Explain your situation and ask for consideration. That should put your mind to rest sooner. The hotel likes to know in advance, too, if reservations that appear to be unrelated will be wanting to keep the same room. Sell it that way.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: