FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   2020 Q1/2 Global Promo: Elevated Earning: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points on Stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2011327-2020-q1-2-global-promo-elevated-earning-earn-2-000-bonus-points-stays.html)

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Mar 3, 2020 9:08 am

2020 Q1/2 Global Promo: Elevated Earning: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points on Stays

It’s finally here—today we’re announcing our new global promotion. As some of you predicted, it’s called Marriott Bonvoy Elevated Earning and you’ll earn 2,000 bonus points on each stay, starting with your second stay.

Register to earn on stays between March 17 and June 14, 2020. If you travel every week in this three-month period, you could earn 26,000 bonus points throughout the promotion. If you book more short stays, you could earn even more. There’s no earning limit, so the more stays you can fit in, the more bonus points you’ll earn. Consider this a good excuse for a few springtime weekends away.

Register now through May 31.

As always, please note that a “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate.

Jiatong Mar 3, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks, it will capture some holidays, including march 17th !

khabah Mar 3, 2020 9:16 am

...and I'm getting an error message saying that either I'm registering for a points promotion as a miles earner or vice versa, I'm not eligible or the promotion has ended.

Sighhhhh.

khabah

MSPeconomist Mar 3, 2020 9:22 am

Registered. The link worked.

Horace Mar 3, 2020 9:25 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 32136631)
...and I'm getting an error message saying that either I'm registering for a points promotion as a miles earner or vice versa, I'm not eligible or the promotion has ended.

Sighhhhh.

khabah

Same.

And if I sign off, sign back in, and go to the Promotions tab, I only see the promotion that has ended.

Let's hope it's a simply a case of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker posting the notice before the promotion was fully loaded.

I'll try again tomorrow.

AndWhatsYourPoint Mar 3, 2020 9:40 am

When I click the provided link I get the quoted message below. When I click on my Promotions tab I see no promotions.

A Note About This Promotion

We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
Updating your earning preference is fast and easy; simply sign into your account. For all other issues, please contact Marriott Bonvoy Customer Support.

SHLTP Mar 3, 2020 10:12 am

This promo is great. It's going to get me to do mattress runs all over Asia

craigthemif Mar 3, 2020 10:16 am

Sighhhhh.

khabah

+1

#bonvoyed again... They had weeks to work on this... :mad:

UA-NYC Mar 3, 2020 11:01 am

This frankly has the vibe of a promotion that isn't actually intended to drive any new/different/reinforced consumer behavior, but rather to check the box that "yes we in Marketing fulfilled a promo for this quarter-ish time period just to keep the streak alive".

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Mar 3, 2020 11:14 am

Sighhhhh.

khabah

Originally Posted by Horace (Post 32136676)
Same.

And if I sign off, sign back in, and go to the Promotions tab, I only see the promotion that has ended.

Let's hope it's a simply a case of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker posting the notice before the promotion was fully loaded.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Originally Posted by AndWhatsYourPoint (Post 32136725)
When I click the provided link I get the quoted message below. When I click on my Promotions tab I see no promotions.

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 32136865)
+1

#bonvoyed again... They had weeks to work on this... :mad:

Hello!
If you're having difficulty enrolling for this promotion, you may wish to try enrolling through your account online rather than through the app or following the link. I've enrolled khabah and craigthemif now. If anyone else needs assistance, please Private Message or email [email protected] with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy number.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison

Adelphos Mar 3, 2020 11:21 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 32137061)
This frankly has the vibe of a promotion that isn't actually intended to drive any new/different/reinforced consumer behavior, but rather to check the box that "yes we in Marketing fulfilled a promo for this quarter-ish time period just to keep the streak alive".

Let's say Marriott has come to the conclusion that these types of promotions aren't really where they want to focus their efforts. Would you rather them have none at all or run these kind of token promotions (I agree this one isn't all that compelling, though I will likely pick up a few thousand points from it and may switch to a couple of one night stays)

Schweden Mar 3, 2020 11:27 am

Do award stays count as "point eligible" stays?

Kacee Mar 3, 2020 11:33 am

As Lucky points out, 2000 Marriott points is worth about $14-16. Really an awesome promo if your stays are averaging $1-2k per :rolleyes:

I will continue to book Hyatt whenever possible, and enjoy double points, plus 1500 bonus points for weekend stays.

paolo64 Mar 3, 2020 11:42 am

So a stay is defined as “consecutive nights”, NOT one night or consecutive nights. So is this a 2 night minimum or just the sloppy language for which Marriott is legend? I would define a stay as one night...but Marriott varied that reasonable definition by requiring 2 night stays in a previous promotion. It’s confusing ( at least to me...)

uscgto Mar 3, 2020 11:44 am

Stay has always meant total no of consecutive nights at the property. So staying 4 consecutive nights = 1 stay/. Staying 1 night = 1 stay.