Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2020 Q1/2 Global Promo: Elevated Earning: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points on Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
<blank>
Print Wikipost

2020 Q1/2 Global Promo: Elevated Earning: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points on Stays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by paolo64
So a stay is defined as “consecutive nights”, NOT one night or consecutive nights. So is this a 2 night minimum or just the sloppy language for which Marriott is legend? I would define a stay as one night...but Marriott varied that reasonable definition by requiring 2 night stays in a previous promotion. It’s confusing ( at least to me...)
Basically you can't book four separate consecutive nights a the same hotel and get four stays. However, in cases like mine (where I have a three day event, and five or six equivalent Marriott hotels are within a block), you can book four seperate one night stays at different hotels and get four bonuses
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
works for me.

I have 14 1 night stay in the promotion period.

Titanium and Bonvoy card nets me 17.5 extra points. and my hotel is typically 115 / night.
$115 x 27.5 + 2000 points = 5163 points

Here's the best part, the same hotel can be redeemed for 10,000 points. So,
14 stays = 73000 points = 7 nights = 7 (nights) x 115 (rate) x 1.15 (tax) = $925.75 on a spend of $1851.50 = 50% return + 3000 points in pocket. lol.

Works for me.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Outside of 1 Marriott Stay that I have within my reservations, I'm still putting almost all my stays towards Hyatt's promo. I don't earn enough nights to have decent status with a chain, so I just go where I earn the most value for my stays.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:04 pm

Not seeing the promo on both the app and website. I'm not worthy! Longing for the days of 2000 point a stay SPG promos (6000 bonvoyed points).
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:22 pm

This is doodoo.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
It’s a good promo for me.

80% of my stays are for 1 night and 3 stays per week.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
This frankly has the vibe of a promotion that isn't actually intended to drive any new/different/reinforced consumer behavior, but rather to check the box that "yes we in Marketing fulfilled a promo for this quarter-ish time period just to keep the streak alive".
Marriott have a marketing department? I thought it was the daylight robbery department! We will do a huge devaluation on properties and then offer people 2k per stay! If someone is staying 10 nights in the Maldives they can have 2k bonus points, if they are staying 1 night at the Aloft they can also have 2k points!

Their marketing department has however achieved what generally promotions are meant to do and change / reinforce behaviour! It being Marriott however they got it the wrong way round and they have made sure I stay less at Marriott and reinforced the fact for the last 6 months now I have been doing exactly that! They pushed me to look around elsewhere and I found the grass is definatly greener!
worldtraveller73 and joakgarp like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Registered with no problems. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I have never had any problems with Marriott IT.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hello!
If you're having difficulty enrolling for this promotion, you may wish to try enrolling through your account online rather than through the app or following the link. I've enrolled khabah and craigthemif now. If anyone else needs assistance, please Private Message or email [email protected] with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy number.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Thanks for trying, but I'm not actually seeing myself registered on the web or app...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Registered and this kind of promo is useful to me since I usually stay 1-2 nights on my travels.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hello!
If you're having difficulty enrolling for this promotion, you may wish to try enrolling through your account online rather than through the app or following the link. I've enrolled khabah and craigthemif now. If anyone else needs assistance, please Private Message or email [email protected] with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy number.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Thanks for responding and for registering me. Nothing is appearing on my Promotions tab on the app other than the previous promotions; is this a glitch or was I unsuccessfully signed up?

Thanks!

khabah
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:39 pm

Promo not showing up on my profile, both on the app or on the desktop. Not a big issue as the stinginess of this promo isn’t even worth the trouble of asking someone to sort this out for me.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:16 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by khabah
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Thanks for responding and for registering me. Nothing is appearing on my Promotions tab on the app other than the previous promotions; is this a glitch or was I unsuccessfully signed up?

Thanks!

khabah
Hi khabah, we are aware that the Elevated Earning promotion is not reflecting in some of our Members Accounts via the Marriott Bonvoy Mobile App and are working to fix this as quickly as possible. In the interim, rest assured that you are registered for the promotion and you should be able to view the status of the promotion on Marriott.com.

Kind regards,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:43 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
No offense to Marriott marketing, but this is a very US centered promotion. In Asia, travel has been cut big time since February, and things most likely won't pick up again until June. Not a lot of people are going to be doing their usual amount of stays during the time this promotion is active. With Europe sort of gaining traction with the virus these days, I would guess a lot of travel there will be slimmed down. Maybe not to the extent it is in Asia, but still.

I just see this promotion being a cherry on top for the US based road warrior who is away most of the time but hasn't had any change in their travel due to the virus.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: Miles&More
There it is, the much awaited Hammerpromo of the year from Marriott. While others like IHG, Hyatt and Accor spoil their customers, Marriott throws them a few small snot chunks. I am very enthusiastic. And now Im ready to book 100 one Night Stands. Marriott I love you so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.