Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by googs185
I'm still Platinum! I'm hoping they don't update until April, I have a stay on March 19 and then another on March 31. What do you think my chances are?
42.7%
margarita girl and JBord like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by naumank
Excellent. I think it’s very likely that my theory about soft landing to last year’s status (if higher than current year’s) may be correct.
You might very well be correct but is it not very "Marriott" not to communicate this to anyone either to selected account holders or a system wide email....instead you left to "read the tea leaves"
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I was wrong in assuming the UA downgrade indicated a referral from Marriott IT.

Thank you for the helpful data points. Since UA Premier Silver status is a complimentary annual status conferred based on Marriott Titanium Elite or higher membership, it would make sense that UA would purge their rolls every year of RewardsPlus members, which it appears they have done.

Following the advice above, I went to the RewardsPlus website and re-registered. They still had my account numbers. The website responded that my registration was successful and that my United MileagePlus Premier Silver benefits would be effective within 7-10 days.

​​​​​​​I will report back when my United app has an upgraded status. (Not yet.)
​​​​​​​They didn't before, but I did re register and it gave me the 7-10 days notice.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How stupid can people be asking Marriott “when will you downgrade my status” ?
Not stupid at all. I have a coworker whose Plat status should be expired due to moving the majority of their stays last year over to Hilton/Hyatt due to Marriott's incompetence. When booking a hotel, we do keep in mind status. If we can get breakfast / late check-out or other loyalty benefit, that certainly weighs into the decision of which hotel to book.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Duplicate, please delete.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Mar 10, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
UA Premier Silver restored!

Following the advice above, I went to the RewardsPlus website and re-registered. They still had my account numbers. The website responded that my registration was successful and that my United MileagePlus Premier Silver benefits would be effective within 7-10 days.

I will report back when my United app has an upgraded status. (Not yet.)
Less than 24 hours later, the UA app has me back at Silver through 01/2021.

Thank you, FlyerTalk! Thank you, bumbling Marriott IT. (!)

In the best sense of the word, I've been Bonvoyed!

​​​​​​​In the absence of a Lifetime Titanium Elite status for which to aspire, maybe I only need it every 3 years. 😀
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:56 pm

Less than 24 hours later, the UA app has me back at Silver through 01/2021.
Where are you seeing your tier expiration? I'm probably staring right at it, but can't find it on any of my account pages.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the United app, press in the top right corner where there is a silhouette of a head in a circle.

It will show your MileagePlus Card and, if applicable, United Club Card.

Press on the MileagePlus Card, and it will show the reverse side, including expiration date.
bosman likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
After re-registering, the status went back to Silver overnight. (not that I actually need it, as I have *G elsewhere, but on general principles )
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
After re-registering, the status went back to Silver overnight. (not that I actually need it, as I have *G elsewhere, but on general principles )
Re-registered yesterday, still showing no status to me. Bonvoy still shows Titanium. Will wait and see I guess. I have a flight next Monday which if the client doesn't cancel on me I'd like to have some status on.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:37 am

It is interesting that they have not updated with new status. Assuming they care about PR, which is a big assumption, there may be internal conversations about the benefits and risks of demoting people and the need to have people travel and of course the financial impact of the decisions. Nobody could fault them for playing by the rules and giving people the correct lower 2020 status but they are in a bind. They are losing tons of revenue short term but when this blows over they need their customers back. Keeping the higher status helps or they may do a win back status promotion. Again, it comes back to PR and timing of the demotions and how they spin it. It is ALL ABOUT THE SPIN.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Maybe MAR will open up for Lifetime Titanium qualification again ....not that I think it would drive revenue that much but it seems like a MAR thing demote annual status and open up LTT ....
I am still Tit when I supposed to be Plt. and yes got silver with UA again.
SPN Lifer and elijahjt like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by X-ON
Maybe MAR will open up for Lifetime Titanium qualification again ....not that I think it would drive revenue that much but it seems like a MAR thing demote annual status and open up LTT ....
I am still Tit when I supposed to be Plt. and yes got silver with UA again.
I'm in the same boat. I now have 750+ nights and 10+ years. But I was a few nights short by the end of 2018. I have been soft-landed to Titanium last year and this year.
They might as well open up for LTTi again given the economic outlook. If that happens, then I will continue to stick with Marriott.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm wondering if Marriott will do this whole downgrade thing considering the impact they are going to feel with COVID19 cancellations and overall lack of travel/stays in the next few weeks/months. Just from a CS POV, it would be good for them to just maintain what everyone has instead of dealing with the aftermath of potentially upset customers and countless explanations. (Regardless of what you actually landed with at the end of 2019). Would be a nice gesture... but let's see. So far we haven't seen anything as of yet.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
I’m confused, status changes are for 2019 ? They should have been reset back 2/1 ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.