Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Mine still shown ambassador through 1/2020
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How stupid can people be asking Marriott “when will you downgrade my status” ?
They didn't, they asked when their lifetime status would be updated. Marriott responded that their "year-end processing has not yet been done" and that their "Lifetime status will be updated by the second week of March, 2020."
Jiatong likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Not too much different than having two separate, speculative threads running concurrently on FT as to why people haven't been downgraded yet, is it?
Exactly
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Marriott has given UA our new status.

I just got downgraded by UA MileagePlus from Premier Silver to General Member.

So my Marriott downgrade from Titanium to Platinum is sure to follow.

How many times a day should I check my app? (!)
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
My lifetime years just went up with one year for the platinum tracker. Cheers Marriott.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

I'm not sure that being downgraded by United means that your Marriott downgrade is imminent. I just got downgraded by United too (today or yesterday), but I have lifetime titanium status so United may be doing this on their own.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I'm not sure that being downgraded by United means that your Marriott downgrade is imminent. I just got downgraded by United too (today or yesterday), but I have lifetime titanium status so United may be doing this on their own.
Yeah I was also downgraded (and I'm getting soft landed to Titanium). I went to the Rewards plus page and it seems that they lost my UA MP #, so I had to re-enter it. It could be that?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by pewpew
Yeah I was also downgraded (and I'm getting soft landed to Titanium). I went to the Rewards plus page and it seems that they lost my UA MP #, so I had to re-enter it. It could be that?
Did you get a specific email from Marriott confirming the soft landing? They have not updated 2020 status levels yet.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
Different situation here. I knew I'd be losing my United status (earned, not from Marriott), so a few weeks ago I re-enrolled via Marriott. For a couple of weeks I showed silver and then I dropped to general member a day or two ago. When I tried to re-enroll today, it said I was already enrolled but that I needed to wait.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Did you get a specific email from Marriott confirming the soft landing? They have not updated 2020 status levels yet.
Yeah, back in Nov or so. I was/am an Ambassador member.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How stupid can people be asking Marriott “when will you downgrade my status” ?
Not really as stupid as it sounds, as I went through the same conundrum.

If my elite status is likely to stick during an impending stay, then I may book a Marriott hotel. Else I may decide to book a Hilton or another chain which may be slightly more conveniently located in the city that I’m visiting.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Different situation here. I knew I'd be losing my United status (earned, not from Marriott), so a few weeks ago I re-enrolled via Marriott. For a couple of weeks I showed silver and then I dropped to general member a day or two ago. When I tried to re-enroll today, it said I was already enrolled but that I needed to wait.
My United was downgraded from Silver to Member on Thursday. I re enroll and today I am back to Silver. My Marriott still shows titanium elite. I did not meet the qualification last year to maintain Titanium
SPN Lifer, jtp1947 and joakgarp like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
UA downgraded us on their own.

Marriott has given UA our new status.

​​​​​​​
I'm not sure that being downgraded by United means that your Marriott downgrade is imminent. I just got downgraded by United too (today or yesterday), but I have lifetime titanium status so United may be doing this on their​​​​ own.
Originally Posted by metoo
My United was downgraded from Silver to Member on Thursday. I re enroll and today I am back to Silver. My Marriott still shows titanium elite. I did not meet the qualification last year to maintain Titanium
I was wrong in assuming the UA downgrade indicated a referral from Marriott IT.

Thank you for the helpful data points. Since UA Premier Silver status is a complimentary annual status conferred based on Marriott Titanium Elite or higher membership, it would make sense that UA would purge their rolls every year of RewardsPlus members, which it appears they have done.

Following the advice above, I went to the RewardsPlus website and re-registered. They still had my account numbers. The website responded that my registration was successful and that my United MileagePlus Premier Silver benefits would be effective within 7-10 days.

​​​​​​​I will report back when my United app has an upgraded status. (Not yet.)
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I was wrong in assuming the UA downgrade indicated a referral from Marriott IT.

Thank you for the helpful data points. Since UA Premier Silver status is a complimentary annual status conferred based on Marriott Titanium Elite or higher membership, it would make sense that UA would purge their rolls every year of RewardsPlus members, which it appears they have done.

Following the advice above, I went to the RewardsPlus website and re-registered. They still had my account numbers. The website responded that my registration was successful and that my United MileagePlus Premier Silver benefits would be effective within 7-10 days.

​​​​​​​I will report back when my United app has an upgraded status. (Not yet.)
Excellent. I think it’s very likely that my theory about soft landing to last year’s status (if higher than current year’s) may be correct.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:03 am

I'm still Platinum! I'm hoping they don't update until April, I have a stay on March 19 and then another on March 31. What do you think my chances are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.