Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status change on the morning of March 1st [after previous status expires Feb 29th] ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Screwdriver22
Could the corona-virus be a reason, that Bonvoy don‘t change the status?
Screwdriver22 - welcome to FlyerTalk!

Bad IT or some other reason - result is the same: not updating status is a pain.

David
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Bad IT or some other reason - result is the same: not updating status is a pain.
It's not... for those who expect to be downgraded... long may this IT issue continue!
KRSW, svo242, prmetime and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
still Titanium...... and i got mine for 9 stays to Platinum back in 2017 (completed May 2017) and only stayed a few nights here and there in 2018 and 2019.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I’ve been Bonvoyed!

Originally Posted by DELee
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It's not... for those who expect to be downgraded... long may this IT issue continue!
Yes!

As a 2019 Titanium (2020 Platinum), I still have Trial Silver Elite status with UA, courtesy of Bonvoy.

So this time, in a favorable sense, I’ve been Bonvoyed!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Screwdriver22
Could the corona-virus be a reason, that Bonvoy don‘t change the status?

I could see this being a reason however I would have thought MR would announce such a thing
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I think Marriott has already extended prior year status for all members with address in China.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rdchen
I think Marriott has already extended prior year status for all members with address in China.
I was going to say maybe they did it for me since I have a Chinese sounding name?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
of course that makes no sense at all, but that doesn't seem to matter. Extending 2020 status into 2021 would make some sense, but not 2019 earn into 2020 ... unless I missed something last year ...
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:39 pm

Loyalty Lobby is suggesting due to a response to a reader on Twitter by Marriott Bonvoy that it may be two weeks into March before we see status updates.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Should it be prior year to now or present to future year? It's hard to argue seriously that the Wuhan virus impacted hotel nights/stays during 2019 when IIRC the doctor there first posted in the medical alumni announcements about the illness around December 31st, with some news in early January but the thing blowing up on about January 20th.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
With demand almost nonexistent inside China for the foreseeable future, I think it's just a goodwill gesture/marketing gimmick that will not cost MR too much.

Originally Posted by cfischer
of course that makes no sense at all, but that doesn't seem to matter. Extending 2020 status into 2021 would make some sense, but not 2019 earn into 2020 ... unless I missed something last year ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Should it be prior year to now or present to future year? It's hard to argue seriously that the Wuhan virus impacted hotel nights/stays during 2019 when IIRC the doctor there first posted in the medical alumni announcements about the illness around December 31st, with some news in early January but the thing blowing up on about January 20th.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
With demand almost nonexistent inside China for the foreseeable future, I think it's just a goodwill gesture/marketing gimmick that will not cost MR too much.
Agree that it wouldn’t cost Marriott much, but will buy some loyalty.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Loyalty Lobby is suggesting due to a response to a reader on Twitter by Marriott Bonvoy that it may be two weeks into March before we see status updates.
How stupid can people be asking Marriott “when will you downgrade my status” ?
Diplomatico and prmetime like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How stupid can people be asking Marriott “when will you downgrade my status” ?
Not too much different than having two separate, speculative threads running concurrently on FT as to why people haven't been downgraded yet, is it?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Marriott should have a promo that as long as you have 1 stay per month you keep your 2019 earned status. Or alternatively reduce platinum & titanium requirements by 25 nights each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.