Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bitten by guest's dog in Marriott lobby

Bitten by guest's dog in Marriott lobby

Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
But where are you getting the irresponsible owner from? OP hasn't really provided details on everything that transpired so how are you reaching that conclusion? Just because the dog was brought into the hotel?
I reached that conclusion because the owner allowed his dog to attack another person, seems quite irresponsible to me; unless OP provoked the dog/owner.
As a dog owner, if I let go of the leash and my dog hurts someone, I would take responsibility for the damages/medical bills.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by miloworld
I reached that conclusion because the owner allowed his dog to attack another person, seems quite irresponsible to me; unless OP provoked the dog/owner.
As a dog owner, if I let go of the leash and my dog hurts someone, I would take responsibility for the damages/medical bills.
I don't like the dog owner for how he acted after the fact. But where you getting "allowing his dog to attack another poster" from? It happened in a small confined space so leash or no leash, the dog could have made a move. It's not as if the owner said, "get em' boy."
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
I don't like the dog owner for how he acted after the fact. But where you getting "allowing his dog to attack another poster" from? It happened in a small confined space so leash or no leash, the dog could have made a move. It's not as if the owner said, "get em' boy."
"Allowed for it to happen" as in negligence, not literally. Like placing a flower pot by the window on the third floor, wind blows, it falls and hits the head of a pedestrian. He didn't intent for it to happen but allowed it to.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:52 pm

"Allowed for it to happen" as in negligence, not literally. Like placing a flower pot by the window on the third floor, wind blows, it falls and hits the head of a pedestrian. He didn't intent for it to happen but allowed it to.
I would need more facts before reaching that conclusion. I blame the hotel #1 for even allowing animals onto their property. I'm completely against that.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Unfortunate thing here is the dog is probably going to pay the price for a bad owner. Likely to be put down, that makes me sad
Oh yes, terribly sad that there will be one less pit bull in this world. Exterminate the breed.
closecover likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Thanks to OP for coming back with details. Personally, I avoid getting on elevators with people. Sometimes impossible. Getting on with a dog......NEVER! And the hotels that are turning into kennels.....
closecover and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hedoman
Thanks to OP for coming back with details. Personally, I avoid getting on elevators with people. Sometimes impossible. Getting on with a dog......NEVER! And the hotels that are turning into kennels.....
Have no problems with people who own dogs. I am allergic to dogs and cats. I would wait for the next elevator, gladly!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by hedoman
... I avoid getting on elevators with people.
FT never ceases to amaze me, I swear ...!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
FT never ceases to amaze me, I swear ...!
you say that but last week I was in an elevator riding down with another guest to the lobby when we stopped on a lower floor to let a third guest enter the elevator. Prior to stopping I noticed the guest sniffling but she let out a massive sneeze just as the door opened

The new guest said bless you and I without hesitation walked off the elevator, even got slammed in the shoulder as the doors were closing. I then walked to the elevator button and grabbed an empty lift down to the lobby

sorry, humans are gross and most have no idea how to contain germs 🦠
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:57 pm

I have an immune system to protect me from "gross" (... seriously, Buffy?!) humans, TYVM.

FT just reminds me it "takes all types to make a world". I remember reading not that long ago about a(n apparently adult) male who can't pee if anyone's in the bathroom with him.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I have an immune system to protect me from "gross" (... seriously, Buffy?!) humans, TYVM.

FT just reminds me it "takes all types to make a world". I remember reading not that long ago about a(n apparently adult) male who can't pee if anyone's in the bathroom with him.
You do know you can still get a cold/flu from germs even while your immune system is protecting you right?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:01 pm

Like the grandpa charged with negligent homicide after his granddaughter fell to his death.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:03 pm

Oh God no! Not the cold or flu! ... oh wait ...

Some of y'all are funny. (And before you ask, I couldn't give two about the Coronavirus either, I was around when SARS was supposed to kill us all off, too.)
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Oh don't get me started on Chihuahuas. Those are even more vicious than pitbulls and you know it.

Thankfully their size usually prevents them from killing humans (apart from maybe the odd case of fatal eardrum damage), same as cats unless we're talking actual tigers my friend.

Nevertheless, after a fact checking trip to wikipedia, I accept to swallow my ignorance and have now edited my post above to change "bred to kill humans" to "bred to kill living things". Hope this is now more accurate.
wrp96 and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Owning a pit bull is like walking around with a loaded gun. If something happens it’s your fault. Period. The breed was created to be vicious. It’s not about race, btw. It’s about stupid, which comes in all colors and creeds.

if you doubt, do a quick google on pit bulls and infant maulings. Right, I know, it was actually the 2 year old’s fault.....
Incredibly short-sighted and and just wrong.

Show me any breed that was bred to attack or be vicious. Scared and confused dogs of any breed will respond by biting (No different than a toddler who screams and cries in response to similar situations).

I’ll play the other side of this. Growing up we had an amazing black Labrador. She was the sweetest little runt and had an amazing temperament. But, if she thought you were going to harm me or any of my siblings, she’d warn you multiple times and then take hold. She was super protective, not an “evil breed bred for violence”.

Dogs are not bred to be nefarious or malicious, there’s just some bad and uninformed owners.
wrp96 and TXJeepGuy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.