Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Annual free night - Booking for my son

Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Hey guys/
I have 1 free night annually from marriott. I want to make a reservation for my son, but i wont stay with him. Is there anyway i can do that? I call the marriott number and they said i cannot book my free night for someone else. Should I make a reservation and add my son name to the reservation. Lets him do the check in without me?

Thanks guy
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Well, it is against the rules of the cert for the member not to be there. However, others have reported that making the reservation in your name and adding him as a guest may work. Its also possible something could go awry.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tam Tran
Hey guys/
I have 1 free night annually from marriott. I want to make a reservation for my son, but i wont stay with him. Is there anyway i can do that? I call the marriott number and they said i cannot book my free night for someone else. Should I make a reservation and add my son name to the reservation. Lets him do the check in without me?

Thanks guy
Ok Boomer...

All Y'all need to do is add him as a guest and normally most hotels don't care as long as the last name of the guest also matches the one on the reservation.
JBauer likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Tam Tran
I call the marriott number and they said i cannot book my free night for someone else.
In this case, the Marriott phone rep gave you the answer that matches the terms of a credit card free night certificate.

You're asking the FlyerTalk community to give you instructions and permission to violate the terms.

I wouldn't try it.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Maybe we can merge this thread with the fraudulent Reservation for Adult Daughter in Europe thread.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Tanic
Maybe we can merge this thread with the fraudulent Reservation for Adult Daughter in Europe thread.
The big difference is each OP's intent.

In this "son" thread, the intent is effectively to transfer a non-transferable e-certificate.

In the "daughter" thread, the intent is to earn elite nights without staying and to have the daughter get Elite benefits to which she is not entitled.

In both cases, if successful, the schemes would scam a hotel out of things of real value. There is a cost to Elite qualifying nights and to Elite benefits.

In both cases, if unsuccessful, the scheme could put the offspring in an awkward position and could jeopardize each OP's Marriott Bonvoy account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.