Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by liquid
Would stacking of 15+15 nights towards status also work by having two personal cards, one AMEX and one Visa for example?
Nope, you could have 4 personal cards and would still get 15 nights, but you could have 1 personal and 1 business and get 30 nights
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When do you see the 15 nights posted to the BonVoy account after a Chase personal card is approved? I haven't had a new BonVoy card for so long I only know each year the clock starts anew, but have no clue on when would you see the additional 15 nights posted after you add one and the only personal card to the account.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I have US Personal and Biz plus UK Personal - and have long argued I should receive 45 nights.

I don't.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I have US Personal and Biz plus UK Personal - and have long argued I should receive 45 nights.

I don't.
Then how much are you getting?

David
Old Sep 4, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thirty nights, of course, pursuant to the credit card offer terms and conditions, interpreted pursuant to the Marriott Bonvy Terms & Conditions, under which they get the final word.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 4, 2022 at 4:20 am
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by DELee
Then how much are you getting?
30 from the Personal and Biz cards.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

I don't.
Some countries you can double up and others you cannot, you unfortunately seem to have a bad conbination
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It is nice that, with the new 25 Elite Qualifying Night (EQN) bonus for holding the revised $650-annual-fee Brilliant AmEx card, one can now (since Thursday, 22 September 2022) earn 40 EQN per year if also holding a Marriott Bonvy business credit card that earns 15 EQN annually.

At least if living in the USA.

Bonvoy Brilliant refresh (September 2022) (AmEx Forum)

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 7, 2022 at 9:23 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It is nice that, with the new 25 Elite Qualifying Night (EQN) bonus for holding the revised $650-annual-fee Brilliant AmEx card, one can now (since Thursday, 22 September 2022) earn 40 EQN per year if also holding a Marriott Bonvy business credit card that earns 15 EQN annually.

I'm a US expat living in Japan, and I'm also getting the 40 EQN per year from holding the Bonvoy Brilliant and the Bonvoy Business cards, so it's not limited to only those living in the USA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I'm a US expat living in Japan, and I'm also getting the 40 EQN per year from holding the Bonvoy Brilliant and the Bonvoy Business cards, so it's not limited to only those living in the USA.
SPN Lifer defines the "living in USA" loosely. I think your account address needs to be a US billing address, or that card needs to be issued by AMEX US, not AMEX anywhere else.

Your cards obviously are issued by AMEX US, so where you live in the world does not matter. Most readers of this forum fully understand what SPN Lifer meant I am fairly certain about this. LOL
SPN Lifer, ftrichard and gudugan like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Or, more accurately, "a US citizen living anywhere in the world but maintaining a US address," which is probably what you meant, but was unclear from your wording.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Oct 8, 2022 at 8:58 pm
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:32 pm

Nothing inaccurate. At least if living in the USA, at most everyone who can obtain AMEX US card

Once I used to have SPG UK, SPG CA, SPG US and SPG JP cards at the same time and obtained EQN from each. Now it is not anymore with US and CA Bonvoy
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Or, more accurately, "a US citizen living anywhere in the world but maintaining a US address," which is probably what you meant, but was unclear from your wording.
You could clear up the dizzying confusion by avoiding the concepts of (a) where the cardholder is living or (b) where they have a billing address or (c) their citizenship by simply stating the member is eligible for US-issued Bonvoy cards. This avoids the frustrating and possibly harrowing ambiguity of pedantic micro-detail in online forums.
Happy likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA

I currently hold the Bonvoy Boundless Visa and the Bonvoy Business AMEX which provide me with 30 EQN. I also hold the old RC Rewards Visa which is now only available through a product change. I do not want to give that card up and as I recall its not possible to have the RC card and the Bonvoy Brilliant. Is this still the case?
I am on track to reach 75 nights this year and my situation will be changing next year where that should not be as much of a challenge particularly if there is a 2 for 1 promo on EQNs in early 2023.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:15 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ftrichard
You could clear up the dizzying confusion by avoiding the concepts of (a) where the cardholder is living or (b) where they have a billing address or (c) their citizenship by simply stating the member is eligible for US-issued Bonvoy cards. This avoids the frustrating and possibly harrowing ambiguity of pedantic micro-detail in online forums.
True, but in my experience, I have found that even some (usually newer members) on this forum believe that you have to be living in the US to be "eligible for US-issued Bonvoy cards," so that misconception can still create confusion at times. That said, I don't want to see this issue turn into a long back-and-forth of dizzying micro-detail, as you said, so I will make no more comments and just use your proposed catch-all of "eligible for US-issued Bonvoy cards." Thanks for the suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.