Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palacio Santa Clara, Autograph Collection, Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:06 am
Original Poster

A new Autograph Collection about to open soon in Valencia, Spain.

PALACIO SANTA CLARA, AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION

Located close to the famous and commercial street of Valencia, Carrer Colón, it is the perfect example of the modernista spirit. Designed by the renowned architect Francisco Javier Görlich in 1916, this initial essence is preserved in our hotel.

Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Have a 1 night stay coming up in 6 weeks at the AC Colon. Was checking to see if rates had changed and this place popped up. No award nights loaded into the calendar for the foreseeable future, but will be keeping an eye on it. It's a block from the AC Colon, and looks pretty nice, not to mention new
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver
Hello.
Does anyone know when this hotel will open ?
According to the reservation system, the date is July 1. I am interested because I have a trip to Valencia from July 23, and all other Marriott hotels are closed until August 1.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Anyone stay here? Feedback?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:38 pm

Staying tomorrow!!!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by santydrak
Staying tomorrow!!!
Hooray!

David
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:29 am

A lovely property

Staying here now. Location is perfect. Walking distance to everywhere i wanted to go. Taxi (Freenow) was 22€, or you can take the M3 subway line from the airport and then walk about 5 minutes. Used points and then SNA's to upgrade to a wonderful corner room with two French balconies with nice views. The interesting thing is that one of them opens from inside the shower. Love it! The hotel has a very elegant feel and service standards are quite high. There is no Front Desk counter per se, rather two actual desks. As a Titanium, breakfast was included and I took two $10 USD F&B vouchers (one for each guest) instead of 1,000 points as my amenity. There is a nice bar in the lobby, as well as on the top floor, six stories up (weekends only). Breakfast was served à la carte: eggs, pastries, charcuterie, fruits, etc., and they were very flexible on what and how. Quality was excellent. The restaurant was also located in the lobby, an extension of the bar area or vice versa. The building dates back a century and began life as a textile factory. It was a bank before being converted to a hotel. Apparently, factories from that epoch were quite elegant, as it displays absolutely no indication to having had an industrial past, nor does the surrounding area. If my experience is the standard, I can see no reason for not making this property your habitual hostelry when visiting beautiful Valencia.
SanDiego1K and ysolde like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santydrak
Staying tomorrow!!!
Originally Posted by flyme2
Staying here now. Location is perfect. Walking distance to everywhere i wanted to go. Taxi (Freenow) was 22€, or you can take the M3 subway line from the airport and then walk about 5 minutes. Used points and then SNA's to upgrade to a wonderful corner room with two French balconies with nice views. The interesting thing is that one of them opens from inside the shower. Love it! The hotel has a very elegant feel and service standards are quite high. There is no Front Desk counter per se, rather two actual desks. As a Titanium, breakfast was included and I took two $10 USD F&B vouchers (one for each guest) instead of 1,000 points as my amenity. There is a nice bar in the lobby, as well as on the top floor, six stories up (weekends only). Breakfast was served à la carte: eggs, pastries, charcuterie, fruits, etc., and they were very flexible on what and how. Quality was excellent. The restaurant was also located in the lobby, an extension of the bar area or vice versa. The building dates back a century and began life as a textile factory. It was a bank before being converted to a hotel. Apparently, factories from that epoch were quite elegant, as it displays absolutely no indication to having had an industrial past, nor does the surrounding area. If my experience is the standard, I can see no reason for not making this property your habitual hostelry when visiting beautiful Valencia.
Seems like there are two FTers at this hotel right now. Look forward to more details and hopefully a few photos from your visits.

David
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:38 am

Photos from my stay:

Shower escape to French balcony

Breakfast

Dining area in room

Breakfast venue

Bedroom

Lobby dining

Palacio Santa Clara

Palacio Santa Clara at night
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shower escape to French balcony

Breakfast

Dining area in room

Breakfast venue

Bedroom

Lobby dining

Palacio Santa Clara

Palacio Santa Clara at night
Wonderful photos!

David
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:22 am

Don’t miss the rooftop bar inside/under the dome!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:37 am

Don’t miss the rooftop bar inside/under the dome!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:09 am

Rooftop pool and bar area on 6th floor

Rooftop Bar & Pool

From rooftop

Rooftop loungers

View over city

Dip pool
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rooftop Bar & Pool

From rooftop

Rooftop loungers

View over city

Dip pool
Again, wonderful photos! Is the pool heated (at least at this time of year)?

David
spainlover likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Rooftop Bar & Pool

From rooftop

Rooftop loungers

View over city

Dip pool
looks just gorgeous and sounds like a wonderful experience! I was looking at staying there this summer, but the AC was available for very low points so I did that instead. Another recommendation for getting around is to pay for a Valenbici pass (bike share). I don’t recall what the one-time use price was, but I was staying 5 days and got a week pass for ~€13 (about $15-16). They had bike lanes everywhere and I used that for everything except going to and from train station with luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.