Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palacio Santa Clara, Autograph Collection, Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palacio Santa Clara, Autograph Collection, Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by DELee
Seems like there are two FTers at this hotel right now. Look forward to more details and hopefully a few photos from your visits.

David
I checked out yesterday and coming back in today, well may try the Design hotel, haven't decided yet. Great place!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:16 am

Again, wonderful photos! Is the pool heated (at least at this time of year)?

David
No, pool is quite cold, or was when I checked yesterday.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chanp
I checked out yesterday and coming back in today, well may try the Design hotel, haven't decided yet. Great place!
Wow - lots of FTers going and coming to the hotel!

Been quite a while since I was in Valencia last - on the order of 33 years ago...obviously need to go back!

Originally Posted by chanp
No, pool is quite cold, or was when I checked yesterday.
Given the pool's size it probably then won't see much use until next summer if it isn't heated.

Thanks for the updates!

David
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:42 am

Some more good inputs… platinum upgrade (without SNA) to premium deluxe king city view, it’s a nice room with a small table, 2 chairs, a small couch and a french balcony. NIce bathroom/shower

Platinum welcome gift is 1000 points or 17 euros (if going 2 people) for F&B. Also they will give you breakfast if not included in rate. Breakfast is excellent

We had a hand written letter in the room and some chocolates/sweets . They do turndown and leave some more chocolates and 2 bottle of waters

Bar in the rooftop is unique, don’t miss it. Only weekends from 18:00
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:47 am

Deleted
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by santydrak
Bar in the rooftop is unique, don’t miss it. Only weekends from 18:00
So the rooftop bar is only open on weekends at night?

David
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:49 am

They told me so, it’s inside a dome, very nice.

i have to say that i went with a welcome
back rate (post-pandemic), so cheap. I think that current prices above 230€ are not justified, i’m not coming back at these prices. I know that you are paying also the location but Valencia is not so big, so no reason. Even the Design hotel is cheaper (haven’t been there)

they have a problem with plumbery. If it rains there a strong disgusting smell coming from toilets and corridors. They know the problem and trying to fix it. An issue only if it rains
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Have been here a week on a points stay. Upgraded to a corner room. Staff exceptional. Great location Breakfast good quality and no limit on what you order. Rained heavily here on Wednesday but did not notice any plumbing problems at least not on the 3rd floor

Nespresso in the room which was a great help with the jet lag :-)

Rooftop bar only open Fri-Sat off season

hotel has about 60 rooms has been between 30 and 50% full this week

Would recommend and return

Last edited by JONEZY00; Nov 26, 2021 at 1:11 am
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:00 am

Stayed two nights here, upgraded to a suite, two balconies plus another big window in the bathroom, so 3 area you could technically look out of if you wanted. Room was a bit warm for me, but opening up a door was quite nice. Breakfast was nice, unlimited items from a small menu, only used one morning. Staff were really welcoming and accommodating, really had some great recommendations for food/drinks places nearby.

Summertime would be great to use the pool, no gym but can use the AC hotel nearby, but the gym there is really small.

Overall good stay and would return.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Seems like there are two FTers at this hotel right now. Look forward to more details and hopefully a few photos from your visits.

David
I am at the Westin Valencia currently. Beautiful & opulent property too. Upgraded to a Executive Suite on a pay 4, stay 5 award. A Bentley convention is ongoing.

James
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Thanks for all the great reviews and photos. Considering Valencia in a few days and may stay here on points.

As Titanium should I still receive complimentary breakfast PLUS choice $10 voucher or 1100 points?

Any additional updated data points on Titanium benefits or the property in general?

I believe my train from Madrid arrives in Juaquin Sorella station. Is there an easy metro or bus to the hotel? (I dont like taking taxis/ubers in foreign countries alone late at night).
Or is walking manageable? (I do like to walk) My app says 22 minute walk which I can easily do with a proper sidewalk.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
You could take the Metro 0 or the bus 9 or 10. Depending on timing and how long you’d wait, walking might be faster if you don’t have much stuff. My map app says 18 minutes to walk (just under a mile)
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Few data points from my stay (I am Titanium):

Loved the central location.

Upgraded to premium room which was lovely and had Nespresso machine, tea kettle and one bag very good Earl Grey tea (plus mint tea which I did not try). If you need more they provide Harley & Sons which tastes great in USA but hotel's not as good for some reason, perhaps it's a European blend or the water.

Evening turn down (with one bottle of water and a great chocolate).

As Titanium, Breakfast was included. (If paying I believe breakfast is 25euro.) Good selection and can order what you like. If you have special request, they will try to accommodate, so ask. Good quality and except for omelet everything is cold so it comes out of kitchen quickly. Staff was busy and sometimes a bit curt but I understand as it was often busy near closing time. Breakfast 8am-10:30am Mon-Friday. Weekends until 11am.

Dinner was awful. Perhaps I chose the wrong items but I was very disappointed in quality and main course portion size. Fortunately I ordered an appetizer as well but wasn't happy with that either. Wine by glass was good and priced fairly for a hotel. Note, the hotel gives a 20% voucher valid towards one meal at check in. I hope food was a one off and others are more successful.

Rooftop bar open Wed-Sunday now, 6pm-midnight. It was cold so bring a jacket.
Outdoor swimming pool available 9am-9pm but it was too cold when I was there.
Need keycard in elevator--appreciated the extra security.
2 elevators. No separate service elevator.
Housekeeping until 8:30pm. One small bottle of water provided.
24 hour room service.
CNBC and CNN (as well as other English stations)

One strange problem was the blow dryer. If you have long hair, when blow drying the BACK of your hair yourself, it SUCKS long hair into the blow dryer and tangles the hair inside the blow dryer. Unable to pull out (too large a chunk I think) . Luckily I travel with a scissors and was able CUT a very large chunk of my hair that had been sucked into the blow dryer to release it. I have notified hotel and hope they will check all blow dryers to see if mine was defective or all should be replaced.

In spite of 2 problems, I would return to this property if similar level Marriott rewards points were offered.

Note, if you are arriving at Sorolla train station, there is a free shuttle bus from there to the North Train Station every 10 minutes. From North station it is only a short walk to hotel. Sorolla shuttle leaves from exit near the tourist information area inside the station. At North station there is good signage for where to take the bus back to Sorolla station.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:50 am

1. I did enjoy my seafood paella at lunch.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by flyme2

1. I did enjoy my seafood paella at lunch.
Honestly happy for you. I loved the hotel and hope my experience was either what I ordered or perhaps the chef was off that night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.