Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Deep1312
This is incredible. Hope it opens up soon for booking on Bonvoy. Looking at March dates, for Cat 7, the redemption value is incredible.
If you want to book this or any other hotel in Japan, the Japanese government has announced that the earliest they're looking to welcome tourists again is April 2021.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
hopefully the hotel already open by then
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
If never been to RC, would you book the RC for 5 nights at 340K or this brand new hotel at 280K?

Titanium.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
If never been to RC, would you book the RC for 5 nights at 340K or this brand new hotel at 280K?

Titanium.
This one!
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
This one!
Why? Isnt RC offering more activities?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

Titanium.
i would do the RC Kyoto. It’s the best RC in the world to me (only been to 8 locations though, iirc)
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
i would do the RC Kyoto. It’s the best RC in the world to me (only been to 8 locations though, iirc)
What about splitting five days to 3 days RC and 2 days Mitsui?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 pm

If anybody goes soon (opening November?), report back! I've made a reservation for May 2021 and noticed I could use SNA to upgrade up to Nijo Suite, but no onsen. Planning to reach out to the hotel about cash upgrade costs to the Onsen Suite either from SNA-confirmed Nijo Suite or base room on points.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Yea, it would be great to get first impressions. Only a few weeks to go. I have a RC booking towards the end of Nov that I wouldn't mind shifting here. It's fewer points and the chance of a suite upgrade in the middle of the week. However, it will be the opening month and that itself kind of wants me to wait it out a little bit until they get their kinks ironed out. I haven't stayed at RC Kyoto but after hearing so many songs and praises I feel it would be a better stay at least for now. Also have 2 days at the Suiran which I was lucky to get as its very very full during the fall momiji season.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Hoenstly, Id pick Mitsui over Suiran, but I do understand the appeal of the scenery surrounding Suiran in the fall season.

Outside of autumn, I wouldn’t spend 85K per night for Suiran. Compared to RC Kyoto which is also cat 8, Suiran is not as amazing in terms of redemption value.

Mitsui at cat 7 is, in comparison to Suiran, a steal.
porphyra likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Hoenstly, Id pick Mitsui over Suiran, but I do understand the appeal of the scenery surrounding Suiran in the fall season.

Outside of autumn, I wouldn’t spend 85K per night for Suiran. Compared to RC Kyoto which is also cat 8, Suiran is not as amazing in terms of redemption value.

Mitsui at cat 7 is, in comparison to Suiran, a steal.
I think it is exactly that. Peak Autumn colors in Arashiyama. Also, I have spent many many nights in Kyoto but not really done Arashiyama save for a quick half day trip. Thought it would be a nice change. Yeah it is a huge points drain, but would be a nice change in scenery and pace. Thanks for your opinion though. Maybe will save Mitsui for Sakura next year!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:51 am

Has anyone checked on their SNA recently? I had previously applied them to my stay, but just checked and saw a notice that availability has changed since my last request. Now there don't seem to be any options. Hope this is just a glitch.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by husky96821
Has anyone checked on their SNA recently? I had previously applied them to my stay, but just checked and saw a notice that availability has changed since my last request. Now there don't seem to be any options. Hope this is just a glitch.

I noticed it too and assume the hotel opted out of the SNA program. I cancelled mine and applied to a different reservation for now.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Can hotels just opt out? Is this a COVID thing?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by stvr
Can hotels just opt out? Is this a COVID thing?
Hotels can definitely opt out. New hotels sometimes have a system glitch where suites are available under SNA, against the hotel's intentions so they change that shortly after opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.