Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOTEL THE MITSUI KYOTO, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
The hotel is now open to reservations in Marriott‘s website. During the foliage season they charge 70k points during weekends, which still represents great value compared to cash rates.
FlyerBeek and Deep1312 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: Some
This looks epic, love, love the interior design. Is this André Fu’s first Japanese hotel?

Just need Japan to reopen to UK residents by the spring .
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:11 pm

They already begin selling rooms to locals (refer to their Japanese version of website) as of 7/21.

I guess they want to block off points redemption as far as they can now.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anchor79
They already begin selling rooms to locals (refer to their Japanese version of website) as of 7/21.

I guess they want to block off points redemption as far as they can now.
I just thought that because of the border is still closed and they need to run business.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just booked using points for next year's sakura in early-April (hopefully international travel is feasible by then). This property looks amazing. 70k points/night (cheapest room rate is 110,000 JPY - over $1000/night).

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just booked using points for next year's sakura in early-April (hopefully international travel is feasible by then). This property looks amazing. 70k points/night (cheapest room rate is 110,000 JPY - over $1000/night).

-FlyerBeek
Are SNAs available for Mitsui?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Deep1312
Yes. Right now the Nijo suite is in the pool but they could change it as that’s one of the larger suites.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Deep1312
Yes, for my reservation the following room types appear to be part of the SNA pool: Nijo Suite (1 Bedroom Larger Suite, 1 King, Nijo-jo Castle view), Deluxe Suite (1 Bedroom Junior Suite, 1 King, City view), Nijo Room (1 King, Nijo-jo Castle view), Premier Garden Room (Guest room, 1 King/2 Double, Garden view), and Premier Room (1 King/2 Double, City view).

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, for my reservation the following room types appear to be part of the SNA pool: Nijo Suite (1 Bedroom Larger Suite, 1 King, Nijo-jo Castle view), Deluxe Suite (1 Bedroom Junior Suite, 1 King, City view), Nijo Room (1 King, Nijo-jo Castle view), Premier Garden Room (Guest room, 1 King/2 Double, Garden view), and Premier Room (1 King/2 Double, City view).

-FlyerBeek
Did your points balance get deducted? I made sure I had sufficient (280K) points to avoid points advance - in case they increase the points required. But my balance wasn't deducted. Then, I made a RC Nikko booking (was expecting to use points advance), but the full amount was deducted immediately, dropping my balance below 280K.

EDIT: Also did not receive a confirmation email, but booking shows up under "Trips". Received email for SNA request.

Last edited by cennis; Aug 2, 2020 at 10:19 pm
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:43 pm

It doesn't seem like points are being deducted for award reservation here.

I thought I made a mistake so cancelled and re-booked another reservation. But the points are still not being deducted.

When I go on Marriott.com and try to deduct the points, it comes back with an error message.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
Originally Posted by cennis
Did your points balance get deducted? I made sure I had sufficient (280K) points to avoid points advance - in case they increase the points required. But my balance wasn't deducted. Then, I made a RC Nikko booking (was expecting to use points advance), but the full amount was deducted immediately, dropping my balance below 280K.

EDIT: Also did not receive a confirmation email, but booking shows up under "Trips". Received email for SNA request.
Same here. When I try to manually deduct the points from the website it errors out, and have my SNA detached automatically. I have to go back and reattach my SNA again.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
RC or Mitsui? watcha think?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lewis42
RC or Mitsui? watcha think?
While RC Kyoto is the best RC in the world for me (i've been to only 8 locations though), I would love to try the Mitsui next time when i'm in town. Just want to experience it.

finally, we have another Luxury Collection option "in town" (not Arashiyama where Suiran located).
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
While RC Kyoto is the best RC in the world for me (i've been to only 8 locations though), I would love to try the Mitsui next time when i'm in town. Just want to experience it.

finally, we have another Luxury Collection option "in town" (not Arashiyama where Suiran located).
One of the good things for the Mitsui is that you can use SNA.

One of the bad things is I would be arriving on the 3rd November... their opening day!!!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Realized this existed today, just how many properties are going to flag Marriott in Kyoto? I realize tons of tourists come to Japan now and Kyoto in particular, but is tourist demand really that tremendous?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.