best breakfast

Old Feb 13, 20, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Question best breakfast

Which hotel within the Marriott line (that qualifies for the free annual night) typically has the best free breakfast in your opinion? I have my free anniversary night to use and since I don't really have anywhere to go I figured I'd at least get a good breakfast out of it.

thanks
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Westin Tokyo. I love the hot white chocolate sauce to go with the waffles, plus bacon of course and lots of good fresh fruit.
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:06 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by iowa guy View Post
Which hotel within the Marriott line (that qualifies for the free annual night) typically has the best free breakfast in your opinion? I have my free anniversary night to use and since I don't really have anywhere to go I figured I'd at least get a good breakfast out of it.

thanks
Which card do you have? The Amex Bonvoy Brilliant, the Chase Boundless etc? Not every property in the same brand fulfills the breakfast benefit in the same spirit, some give a full buffet while others provide a lesser offering. So the breakfast benefit is really dependant on the individual property. Also in case you aren't aware, you can typically extend the certificates one time when approaching expiration, in case have no where to go in the immediate future.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Feb 13, 20 at 8:12 pm
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
JW Emerald Bay in Phu Quoc. It's a cat 5 until Mar 4. Hurry!
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:47 pm

Are you asking which individual hotel has the best breakfast or which hotel brand? I know everyone values items differently, but the notion that someone will spend $$$ to fly to another country just because an individual hotel has an outstanding free breakfast seems crazy.
cre95 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
Are you asking which individual hotel has the best breakfast or which hotel brand? I know everyone values items differently, but the notion that someone will spend $$$ to fly to another country just because an individual hotel has an outstanding free breakfast seems crazy.
This _is_ FlyerTalk after all...

David
EdV, writerguyfl, Schweden and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:11 am

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
W Taipei
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Trump Turnberry - excellent and utterly freshly prepared food, unbelievable service and a view that is sublime.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold

thanks
I think you will get more useful and practical answers if you tell us (a) where you are in the world and/or (b) where you are considering spending your one night away in the world and (c) the value of the free night certificate.

Then people can give you specific recommendations.

Otherwise, as has been noted, the hotel brand isn't necessarily an indication and neither is the hotel category beyond general observations that the luxury brands (St.R, W etc.) will probably give you a better breakfast than the limited service brands (Courtyard, Four Points etc.) but this is obvious to us all.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
I think you will get more useful and practical answers if you tell us (a) where you are in the world and/or (b) where you are considering spending your one night away in the world and (c) the value of the free night certificate.

Then people can give you specific recommendations.
I assumed that if OP had geographic limitations, they would have been mentioned in his/her first post.

Same goes for people who want recommendations for best beach, or best cat 4 hotel.
MSPeconomist and Antonio8069 like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan Black, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, Mlife Pearl
I stayed at the New Orleans Marriott two years ago and they had a great breakfast (with lots of fresh fruit, pecan smoked bacon and decent beignets). We had lounge access and the lounge opened unto the restaurant for access to the full buffet.
LOCommish likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by nequine View Post
Trump Turnberry - excellent and utterly freshly prepared food, unbelievable service and a view that is sublime.
Second this
nequine likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott. WN. UA. National. Avis.
According to my kids, it's the waffle iron at [almost every] residence inn. They could be wrong though...
yyzflyer, cawhite, cre95 and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:45 am

StR Bali
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite

thanks
iowa guy, what's your Marriott Bonvoy elite level?

If your level is Platinum Elite of higher, you can get breakfast through the Guaranteed Lounge Access benefit at some brands and through the Platinum Elite Welcome Gift benefit at others.

But if you're Gold Elite of lower, you'll only get breakfast at select service brands that include breakfast for all guests:
— Element **
— Fairfield (except Fairfield Asia Pacific hotels) **
— Residence Inn
— SpringHill Suites
— TownePlace Suites
** very few exceptions; check official hotel website

I've never stayed at Element. Of the remaining brands above, I've had the best breakfasts at Residence Inn and the worst at TownePlace Suites.

If you clarify the value of your certificate (35K? 40K? 50K?), your Marriott Bonvoy elite level, and how far you're willing to travel, you'll get better answers here.

Otherwise, you'll keep getting suggestions to travel to the other side of the globe for a Category 8 resort that won't honor your certificate and that only provides breakfast as a benefit if you're Platinum Elite or higher.

Last edited by Horace; Feb 14, 20 at 10:24 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: