Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

No Marriott Surveys in a looooong time

Old Jan 30, 20, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, SPG Plat100, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

These have all but dried up.

I've had a great number of stays that need feedback (service, overcharging etc) sending to the hotel, but have not received these emails in a really long time.

Are these aimed at people that are likely to give positive feedback?
Old Jan 30, 20, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott
I have not received one since September 2019
Old Jan 30, 20, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Been a member for decades and not once have I ever been invited to review a property. Which is a shame since most would receive very positive feedback from me. That's been one of the major benefits of Amb status for me is to have someone to channel feedback to. In any event, the star rating system on Marriott's own site is pretty much worthless since it's algorithm-based in terms of who gets invited; I therefore pay it no attention whatsoever.
Old Jan 30, 20, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I received a survey request from the Courtyard Seoul Botanic Park for a stay on January 14th. One of my better stays, great Elite recognition and impeccable service from a very friendly staff. I took the time to fill out the survey and received a reply from the property thanking me for my participation.

James
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; QR Plat
Never got it since the merger.
Old Jan 30, 20, 7:32 pm

I received one about a week ago, a few days after my stay at Sheraton Grande Bangkok. A few days after submitting the survey, I received a personal response and thank you from the General Manager.
Old Jan 30, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy View Post
Are these aimed at people that are likely to give positive feedback?
I received a "Tell us about your stay" survey this week. First time in a long time.

The same property sends an email after every stay "Did you enjoy your stay?" which I find a bit annoying as it is not the real survey.
You need to click YES or NO.
YES opens up Tripadvisor property review page...
NO leads to a simple 5 question survey from https://surveys.travelmediagroup.net/
So they are encouraging Tripadvisor reviews, but only from those with positive feedback.
Old Jan 30, 20, 9:03 pm

I just got the usual one from Marriott this week, which also encouraged me to leave a review on Marriott.com. I'm not getting them 100% of the time, but I have been getting them > 50% of the time.
Old Jan 30, 20, 10:37 pm

I received two in January.
Old Jan 31, 20, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I received one from the Westin in St. Louis after my stay on 1/21. I usually get one from the Marriott I stay at by my company's HQ too. I didn't get one from the Four Points I stayed at late last year. I believe the general consensus here is that these are managed at the property level, so it depends on where you're staying.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: