Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Duesseldorf Seestern, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:02 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Courtyard by Marriott Duesseldorf Seestern

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Am Seestern 16 Duesseldorf, DE 40547

Courtyard Duesseldorf Seestern (4 Photos)

I would recommend this hotel for a quick business stay or more price-sensitive tourists.

(Adding Düsseldorf and Dusseldorf so people can find the alternative spellings)

Room

Just throwing up some photos of the suite to which I was upgraded. I agree with others that have stated that the rooms do not feel so fresh, but they are fine. The room was clean. I slept like a baby in the bed which is the most important aspect.

The amenities were the brand standard. There were two complimentary bottles of water. As a nice touch, I got an additional platinum welcome amenity which was a bottle of local "alt" beer and a platter of some snacks. This was much appreciated since there was nothing available at the bar.

There is apparently a turndown service which had already occurred when I arrived. Typical for the region they give you some gummy bears. I always suspect that the German Dentistry Association sponsors these to drum up future business... :)

IMG_0706.jpegIMG_0707.jpegIMG_0708.jpegIMG_0709.jpeg

Check In

Check in took a bit longer because one guest in front of me had a booking for a bunch of rooms and one of the rooms was missing.

Once the front desk clerk managed to finish with the guests in front of me, I was greeted in a friendly manner. My membership was recognized and I I received my room keycard rapidly. I had done web check in, but keyless entry was not available.

Similarly check out was rapid and friendly. The invoice was accurate without any surprises.

Dining

I had arrived rather late, but was sad to hear that the bar did not have anything to eat. Considering I would expect that this hotel would attract a lot of last minute bookings for business people, this was a bit of a surprise for me. Definitely something they could improve upon.

I ended up just having a drink - a cocktail. I had to wait a bit longer than usual, but the cocktail was well made. The hotel bar was sprinkled with some business people. Although the bar was attractive, like most hotel bars the atmosphere was a bit dull. This was probably good for me, since I needs to wake up early. There was little temptation to stay up even later.

I have been to both Courtyards in this city. I find this one better suited for business. The other one at Hafen is suitable for leisure trips when you want to see the tourist sites. However, both are really fine for business or leisure trips.

If you are coming with public transportation I would expect each of these hotels to cost 15-20 EUR by taxi to reach from the central station. You could also take public transportation to the hotels themselves, but I did not test that.

Courtyard Duesseldorf Seestern

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott Duesseldorf Seestern?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
+1,I agree with everything in your review.

I am here now for 4 nights. If you want peace and quiet this is the hotel for you I do not find the location troublesome. There is a local bus (SB51 - EUR 2,90) that goes directly to the airport, bus stop is 300 metres from the hotel entrance. The bus takes 15-20 minutes. Only downside is that it only operate once every hour during day time only, and not on Sundays. I found it to be very handy The end station of U-Bahn Seestern (U77) is right infront of the hotel, this seems to operate every 20 minute. It takes you to the downtown core in about 15 minutes. Very convenient and easy.

As a Titanium I was upgraded to the same suite (?) as above, #1110 . It's outdated, but very spacious and comfortable. No complaints. Got a good rate, so I am very happy

The bar/restaurant is very business like and the ambience is not very cosy. However, they do serve some nice German dishes and have a few beers on tap, which is highly appreciated. Service is very efficient. I do not have breakfast included, so I can not comment on that. Breakfast seem to be 22 EUR per person. There is a Kamps bakery 200 meters down the road, which opens at 6 AM. Unfortunately it is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. A mere 15 minute walk (or 4 stops on the U-bahn) takes you to Belsenplatz, there is an abundance of bars, restaurants and supermarkets (Aldi, Rewe, etc) there.

I would def stay here again if the price is right. The "deserted" location is not a problem for me, as long as convenient and comfortable public transportation is to be found right outside the door.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I’ve stayed in this hotel 4, maybe 5 times over the years.

There has always been a miasma (not smoking related)

Personally, I now go out of my way to avoid this hotel
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
If you‘re ever in the area and you need good, cheap food, check out this awesome ramen restaurant about 4‘ walk from the hotel.

https://daidokoro-umaimon.de/
Andie007 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:32 pm

I stayed here one night and were not satisfied at all.

However at least four suites were available online and the hotel seemed to be almost empty, they did not provide an upgrade or any welcome treatment or letter.

The bathroom was not very clean and they were a lot of hairs from other guests.

It seems that Bonvoy is not very important to the management. My key cases was branded with "Marriott Rewards" instead of Bonvoy.

I will not come back.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
I stayed here one night and were not satisfied at all.
I will not come back.
I have to confirm your observations as I had the same issues. The FD staff seemed not to be trained at all.

Furthermore I left 2 rings next to the sink on a white paper tissue. Contacted the property after checking out as soon as I recognized it - the same day. Of course the rings were never found. (I know it was my error leaving them there.)

Will never return and also discouraged others from staying there.
MrSnoot78 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.