Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Q1 - 2020 bonus Promotions Speculation Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 - 2020 bonus Promotions Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Radisson is also present in Norway, making their points desirable too, if you are planning to go there. Just FYI, there is actually one Marriott too, a MOXY, but it is not well located.
Yes, but Radisson is only in the bigger towns close the coast. Inland along the fjords, there are no Radissons that I know of, only BW and Choice.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by northernstar84
The new promo will be

Elevated earning / 2000 points per stay, starting from your 2nd stay (unlimited)

Period: 17.03.2020 - 14.06.2020

Registration starts 3th of March.
Thanks! Good reason to switch my stays before March 17 to Hilton and hit 20 nights with their current promo before the one from Marriott would kick in.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Wow that would be about a whopping $15 worth of points for a long stay...Marriott generosity knows no bounds
Toula likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
This kind of post needs to be in the Q2 - 2020 Bonus Promotions Double Speculation Thread since this thread is only for Q1.
Really???? Isn't Q1 January, February & March? Or do you believe a quaterly promotion should start on January 1st while Q4 2019 is still running? Based on that, it wouldn't be Q2 yet, would it?

Ever consider that Hilton & Hyatt are more generous with promotions because they aren't filling beds? Personally, I don't really care about promotions. I am not going to forego the benefits I earned to jump to a chain I don't have/care to have status with. Bonvoy has treated me well.

James
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
If the rumor is true and the next promo is really 2000 points per stay, it once again rewards members most when they stay only 1 single night at each hotel. When Bonvoy got started just under 2 years ago, they made it very clear that they wanted to do away with people hotel hopping every day and doing mattress runs, to maximise points.

Judging from the promos offered over the past 2 years, that policy was never really implemented, and staying only 1 night at each hotel WAS, and STILL IS, the fastest way to earn points.
KRSW likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Feb 22, 2020 at 8:02 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I hope the rumors are true
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Id be okay with 2000 per stay since I typically have about 5 one night stays a month and another 5-6 2 night stays.

That's fetch at least 20,000k just in promotion.

Or maybe just do 1 night stays at Marriott - fetching 10k and 2 night stays at IHG, fetching the nightly stays for 4X.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm heading down the same path as last fall, when I earned about 120k Hyatt points during their last double points bonus. My only Marriott stays for the foreseeable future will be burning points or SGS.
Toula likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm heading down the same path as last fall, when I earned about 120k Hyatt points during their last double points bonus. My only Marriott stays for the foreseeable future will be burning points or SGS.
what is SGS?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
what is SGS?
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I'm currently at the point with Marriott where I'm only making revenue bookings at a small number of preferred hotels.
UA-NYC, cln and Toula like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I'm currently at the point with Marriott where I'm only making revenue bookings at a small number of preferred hotels.
I'm slowly starting to "burn" my points but only where I can extract maximum valuation.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:26 pm

I'm slowly starting to "burn" my points but only where I can extract maximum valuation.
That's gotten considerably harder with the peak pricing. Which has definitely expanded this year. 70k for Cat 7 and 100k for Cat 8 is now the norm as far as I can tell.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
I'm pretty much at the point were with my shoulder season leisure travel and peak pricing otherwise; I'm going to be burning points by airline transfers when there's a bonus
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BaconSF
why spread your stats across 4 brands? Do you have top tier status for any?

I am doing the same, Radisson, Hilton and Hyatt mainly due to their promos whilst waiting on Marriott, I do around 300 nights a year so better spread the nights across multiple programmes.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
if the promo is true its obviously good if you can alter your travel pattern and move between properties, It looks like il be doing nights between Hilton and Marriott to rack up the points in April!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.