Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

CY Bogota Airport Worker Contacts Me on LinkedIn Years Later

CY Bogota Airport Worker Contacts Me on LinkedIn Years Later

Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
And I should add I literally just used LinkedIn this morning to thank a hotel staff member who had upgraded me to a suite. I find LI is better to keep in touch as hotel workers change brands and this email addresses so often
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I keep all of my work emails, including the travel related ones. There is no record of an email or any other type of communication from her.

My guess is that she did harvest some data from the hotel. It is common for people to take a professional Rolodex with them when they switch jobs. Maybe she thought the data would be useful. Then perhaps her LinkedIn app accessed that data, and suggested me as a contact.

But that is the wonderful thing about FlyerTalk! We can all have our own opinions about things!

Edited to add: According to her LinkedIn page, her next couple of jobs were in the hotel industry in Colombia. So the Marriott data could have been valuable.

Last edited by jeanie; Jan 21, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.