Starwood/Amex 15 stay nights

Old Jan 16, 20, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Starwood/Amex 15 stay nights

Can someone (or point me in the right direction) please tell me when Starwood and Amex started giving the 15 nights of elite stay credit?

Thank you!
Old Jan 16, 20, 2:49 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by suitestay View Post
Can someone (or point me in the right direction) please tell me when Starwood and Amex started giving the 15 nights of elite stay credit?

Thank you!
Hi suitestay,

Per the "Benefit Terms" from this link, the 15 Elite Night Credit are offered for Card Accounts opened on or after 1/1/2019. You may check out more information from the link mention earlier.

Best regards,

Chua Chie Ling
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
Old Jan 16, 20, 3:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat

Thank you!
What country? the UK card doesn’t start giving them until April 2020
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for your helpful reply!
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!
Starwood never gave them. Marriott started giving them after Starwood stopped existing.

Your card is now a Marriott card, not a Starwood card. Perhaps your physical card has not been updated, but online at the Amex site (and on any statements they send you) it should show that it's now a Marriott Bonvoy card rather than a Starwood card.
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Starwood never gave them. Marriott started giving them after Starwood stopped existing.

Your card is now a Marriott card, not a Starwood card. Perhaps your physical card has not been updated, but online at the Amex site (and on any statements they send you) it should show that it's now a Marriott Bonvoy card rather than a Starwood card.
Does not matter whether SPG card still exists with that moniker or not, it wont change the fact that the poster would see 15 elite stay night in his account as part of the benefit of owning a former SPG now BonVoy card. How he calls the card is IRRELEVANT for the question asked.

Besides, who really cares what the name is, as long as it is an active card? His card obviously is an active card.
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The SPG card gave elite credit long before the merger.
Happy and Handcake like this.
Old Jan 18, 20, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (from CC), Lifetime SkyClub
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
The SPG card gave elite credit long before the merger.
I'm reasonably sure is the comment relates to the 15 nights aspect.

Pre-merger Starwood Amex cards granted two stay credits and five night credits for each type of card held (personal/business.)
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 18, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Disc, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dgreen12 View Post
I'm reasonably sure is the comment relates to the 15 nights aspect.

Pre-merger Starwood Amex cards granted two stay credits and five night credits for each type of card held (personal/business.)
right. This is the old 5 nights... I assume now expanded to 15 nights (3 to 1). I hold two cards with them - but only receive(d) 15 nights. Seems like it's capped at 15.
Old Jan 18, 20, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (from CC), Lifetime SkyClub
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry View Post
Seems like it's capped at 15.
All Bonvoy credit card elite night annual grants are capped at 15 nights per Bonvoy member (without regard to the number of credit cards held.)

SPG points were adjusted at a 3:1 ratio at the time of the merger, not nights. Stays were important on the SPG side (as well as nights.) On the pre-merger Marriott side, only nights were important. The Bonvoy program adopted the pre-merger Marriott approach.
sdsearch likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: