Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

I'm Stupid - Selected the Wrong Annual Benefit

Old Jan 13, 20, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium

So, I wasn't paying close enough attention the other day when I was selecting my 2 annual benefits for getting to 75 nights. Apparently, the first one (that I clicked through quickly) I picked five ELITE nights instead of SUITE nights...Since I had 76 nights last year, 5 more is useless (doesnt even count for lifetime). Anyone have any luck getting Marriott to fix this? My first attempt was a solid concrete wall.

(BTW, yes, I know this was my fault - hoping for the best)
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC 25K, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I haven't seen a single report of undoing this error as many people have done it for various reasons, whether they somehow misread the repeated statements of it being 5 elite nights including the consent box, or they think they'll apply to this year instead of last to lower their requalification.
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gldwebs View Post
So, I wasn't paying close enough attention the other day when I was selecting my 2 annual benefits for getting to 75 nights. Apparently, the first one (that I clicked through quickly) I picked five ELITE nights instead of SUITE nights...Since I had 76 nights last year, 5 more is useless (doesnt even count for lifetime). Anyone have any luck getting Marriott to fix this? My first attempt was a solid concrete wall.

Really sorry to hear that. You’re not alone. I warned people in post # 992 here about the 2 most frequent errors people make when choosing their benefit, but it’s buried now.

Selecting Annual Choice Benefit

The bright side is, you’ll never make that error again! Sorry.
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Yeah... I won't make it again. I have a 6 night Vaca with the wife to Paris that I was planning to use it on... And now... Not so much.
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
I did this one year hoping to get a head start on the. next year w five nights... misread that it was for previous year where I already re qualified. wasn't able to do anything about it even under SPG
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC 25K, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah... I won't make it again. I have a 6 night Vaca with the wife to Paris that I was planning to use it on... And now... Not so much.
If you'd waited 2 days it would have auto-selected the SNAs.
MSPeconomist, ryw and craigthemif like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:12 pm

Not sure if this is any consolation, but according to the T&C 5 elite nights do count toward lifetime nights.
MSPeconomist and Cheny like this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb, A3*G, National Exec
Originally Posted by Ismilee View Post
Not sure if this is any consolation, but according to the T&C 5 elite nights do count toward lifetime nights.
The T&C have how been revised and they actually now count towards lifetime I just selected 5 Elite Night credits yesterday and they already posted, my lifetime nights have gone up +5 as of this afternoon.

Five Elite Night Credits

1. Upon an eligible Platinum Elite Member selecting the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit, the Platinum Member will have his/her Member Account credited with five (5) bonus Elite Nights which count toward earning Elite status and Lifetime Elite status. Elite Nights and Elite membership status are subject to the Program Rules in section 4.2.b.
https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...t-bonvoy/terms
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I actually got annoyed when making my choices the number of times it said something like, "Are you really sure this is your choice? Your choice is final and you won't be able to change it after this. Really, it's like TOTALLY final and you're locked in forever. Do you get it? Are you really, REALLY sure?!"

And while I feel bad for you, OP, I just have to ask: Really? You confused suite nights with elite nights after all the double-checks and are-you-sures? And now you're wondering if there's a way to change your selection?

Edited to add more sympathy. Given the title of the thread you know you screwed up and are maybe just here looking for a little understanding. Sorry this happened to you...
nexusCFX likes this.

Last edited by DJ_Iceman; Jan 13, 20 at 10:37 pm
Old Jan 13, 20, 10:32 pm
soy

Programs: various
FWIW, I've found the suite nights to be pretty useless also. I could only use them on 1 night work stays when I had no need for a bigger room. My attempts to use them when on vacation with family proved unsuccessful.
Hyatts version is much better, though of course hyatts footprint is much worse so I guess they have to offer more.
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I ended up with 3 SNA left over this year as well. I blew it... And considering everyone at work looks at me as the travel God it just shows you even the best make mistakes.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I ended up with 3 SNA left over this year as well. I blew it... And considering everyone at work looks at me as the travel God it just shows you even the best make mistakes.
Did you have 5 or 10 this year? If 5, and you only spent 2, you really don't appear to have missed out on much by selecting 5 elite nights.

Not selecting the free night, however, at 75 would definitely be a mistake.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: