Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fell short ofmaking Titanium by 5 nights, looking for a way to keep my status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I'm new here and appreciate any advice...

I have been Titanium (The old Platinum) for 5 years straight with the Marriott Hotels, and last year I fell short by 5 nights. A lot of my stays didn't count because my company often buys rooms in bulk and we don't get credit when this happens. If we did I would be in excess of over 100 nights last year.

That being said, I'm looking for suggestions on how I can keep my Titanium status through 2020...

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Have you selected your Annual Choice Benefit? If not, you can choose the 5 elite nights, which will be applied to your 2019 total and thus give you the missing 5 nights you need.
Kaloz, Tanic and ryw like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
They might just give it to you anyways.. Old Marriott did that a lot.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Have you selected your Annual Choice Benefit? If not, you can choose the 5 elite nights, which will be applied to your 2019 total and thus give you the missing 5 nights you need.
Wow, didn't know about that. I just put in for my 5 elite nights hopefully that will take care of it. You deserve a "Reply of the year" award for that. Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Dutch747
I just put in for my 5 elite nights hopefully that will take care of it.
And just a reminder that once you've hit the 75 night mark once the five elite nights are credited from the first Annual Choice Benefit, there's a second Annual Choice Benefit to select as well.
MSPeconomist, ryw and Dutch747 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dgreen12
And just a reminder that once you've hit the 75 night mark once the five elite nights are credited from the first Annual Choice Benefit, there's a second Annual Choice Benefit to select as well.
......and this must be done by January 15th or you will automatically be given 5 SNAs.
dgreen12 and Dutch747 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Frankly...even though it seems like you will be Tit now, Plat isn't all that different big picture. If you dropped to Gold, might be a different story.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I'd like to change from SNAs to elite night credits for 2020 but it has automatically given me the SNAs and I can't see how to change it.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:22 pm

Two of my colleagues were given Titanium even though they only had enough nights for plat last year. So, it happens.
Dutch747 and Duck1981 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JayeJ
I'd like to change from SNAs to elite night credits for 2020 but it has automatically given me the SNAs and I can't see how to change it.
You need to contact Bonvoy immediately. We're supposed to be able to choose until January 15th, at which point five SNAs will be given to anyone who hasn't made a choice. Choices cannot be changed once they're confirmed.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:08 am

You can’t.

After making the selection there is specific box to check with wording to the sort of “I understand my selection of benefit is final and may not be changed.”

You most certainly checked that box and your selection is now final.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:56 am

My company buys rooms in bulk as well. I’ve found that asking the front desk to add my bonvoy number to my reservation allows me to get elite night credits for the stay. I don’t get any bonvoy points though
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Frankly...even though it seems like you will be Tit now, Plat isn't all that different big picture. If you dropped to Gold, might be a different story.
I think the UA Silver is a pretty big benefit that you get from Tit and not Plat. I never fly for work, but rack up enough nights for Tit from work hotel stays. UA Silver may be the lowest of the low, but it saved me $130 in checked bag fees, and I got upgraded to first on 2 of 4 flights last week for personal travel.
ryw likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just for clarity : the elite night credits are added to the 2019 membership year total, not 2020.

The number of times this has cropped in the forum recently suggests Bonvoy has not done a good enough job communicating this message to it’s members.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just for clarity : the elite night credits are added to the 2019 membership year total, not 2020.

The number of times this has cropped in the forum recently suggests Bonvoy has not done a good enough job communicating this message to it’s members.
I would be good with that as it would make me Titanium. I "clicked the box" for 2019 but I don't see how to switch to 5 elite night credits for 2020. The choice seemed to be made automatically with no way to change it. I did open a chat with them and they said they'd make a case number, whatever that means.

I appreciate all your responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.