Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta by Marriott Hotel Nottingham Belfry [Master Thread]

Old Jan 2, 19, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening April August '19. Category 3.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ls-nottingham/

"The Delta Hotel Nottingham is a 4-star hotel located 4 miles North West of Nottingham City Center, 1 mile from the M1 J26, and East Midlands Airport is within 16 miles. The Hotel is sited on the Nottingham Business Park."

"Delta Hotel Nottingham is the ideal choice for business and leisure. Guests can expect a unique blend of modernity, luxury and efficiency, as well as a team of professional staff, intuitive of your needs throughout your stay. As one of the largest conference venues in Nottinghamshire, Delta Hotel boasts 10 flexible meeting rooms suitable for an array of events with numbers from 6 to 700 and all rooms are air conditioned and equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi. The menu variety provides excellent choice for all of your delegates, ensuring we compliment your occasion perfectly. Our dining options in the Lawrence Restaurant or Oaks Bar provide the perfect setting for a business lunch or relaxing evening meal after a busy day. Or take time to recharge in the hotel wellness center; go for a refreshing to an energetic work out or simply indulge with a luxurious spa treatment."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 19, 19 at 8:50 pm
Old Jan 3, 19, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This is a reflagging of the Nottingham Belfry, presently flagged as a QHotel. Managed by RBH Hospitality Management.

It carries a 4-star rating from the AA: https://www.theaa.com/hotels/notting...ingham-ng8-6py.
Old Jan 3, 19, 8:11 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Thanks for the info, Sharon - a new local Marriott for us ;-)

At least I thought it would be local, until I clicked on the map function on its page on the Marriott.com website; - https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...ls-nottingham/

It took me to an island off West Africa, just south of Ghana, adjacent to Equatorial Guinea !

Don't you just love Marriott IT?

Nick
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 3, 19, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It looks likes we are going to see a wave of new Delta hotels, as this document seems to indicate most or all of the RBH-managed properties flagged under QHotels are being reflagged to Delta: https://www.qhotels.co.uk/media/4020...s_entities.pdf

As I said with another such property, it's not the greatest fit because some of these hotels look quite decent and perhaps a better fit with Tribute Portfolio or Autograph Collection.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 3, 19, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
Thanks for the info, Sharon - a new local Marriott for us ;-)

At least I thought it would be local, until I clicked on the map function on its page on the Marriott.com website; - https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps...ls-nottingham/

It took me to an island off West Africa, just south of Ghana, adjacent to Equatorial Guinea !

Don't you just love Marriott IT?

Nick

Look forward to the first trip report.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 19, 3:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
It looks likes we are going to see a wave of new Delta hotels, as this document seems to indicate most or all of the RBH-managed properties flagged under QHotels are being reflagged to Delta: https://www.qhotels.co.uk/media/4020...s_entities.pdf

As I said with another such property, it's not the greatest fit because some of these hotels look quite decent and perhaps a better fit with Tribute Portfolio or Autograph Collection.
This document is a great find. However, I don't think we should count on all the properties becoming Delta given the statutory name of two hotels already converted to Doubletree is also Delta. Hopefully a good few will join Marriott.
Old Jan 4, 19, 3:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Iím a bit surprised to see Delta make its way over to the UK. I wonder why Marriott felt none of its more mainstream brands would make sense. Iíve never stayed in a Delta hotel in North America, but the hardware doesnít look like a particularly good fit either.
Old Jan 4, 19, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
I’m a bit surprised to see Delta make its way over to the UK. I wonder why Marriott felt none of its more mainstream brands would make sense. I’ve never stayed in a Delta hotel in North America, but the hardware doesn’t look like a particularly good fit either.

Delta has basically become a conversion brand for reflagging existing properties. But, some of these British properties are probably a better fit for the Autograph Collection. Hotels like the The Midland in Manchester, The Queens in Leeds, Mottram Hall and Crewe Hall in Cheshire, Slaley Hall in Northumberland, and Dunston Hall in Norwich all strike me as way too nice and upscale for Delta.

On the other hand, I've long thought that Marriott could rapidly expand by getting a good number of the country house hotels affiliated with Luxury Collection, Autograph Collection or Tribute Portfolio. I really like that that Britain has this whole category of mostly independent hotels that we just don't have in North America. I've stayed at quite a few country house hotels, some of which are quite regal. Others not so much. There are even quite a few decent inns above pubs that could probably qualify for Tribute Portfolio.

I get that Marriott's Marriott brand has some rather unique U.K. properties that aren't an ideal fit for the brand, but those were legacy acquisitions and I thought the brand standards for new properties were meant to be tighter and more consistent moving forward.

Originally Posted by davidw70 View Post
This document is a great find. However, I don't think we should count on all the properties becoming Delta given the statutory name of two hotels already converted to Doubletree is also Delta. Hopefully a good few will join Marriott.
Good point, but why would they add "Delta" into the name if they didn't intend for it to be reflagged?

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jan 4, 19 at 7:49 am
Old Jan 4, 19, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
DTrees may reflag. I imagine Marriott did a VERY attractive deal here to get Delta some traction.
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium
Delta Nottingham now not reflagging until August 2019 according to the Marriott new hotels list.
Old Jan 10, 20, 4:39 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN**, Bonvoy Ambassador/LT Titanium
Delta by Marriott Hotel Nottingham Belfry

Delta Hotels Nottingham Belfry

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Nottingham, GB

Delta by Marriott Hotel Nottingham Belfry (2 Photos)

Check In

I did the mobile check in with mobile key. Unfortunately the mobile key was not automatically generated. At the reception I just took the traditional key.

Also, despite having had conversation with the hotel about have two successive reservations, the check in was not prepared for this.

Otherwise they were friendly and efficient.

Service

Parking

The hotel offers complimentary gated parking. You do not need any card or anything to get in. To get out you need the "daily" code which is listed prominently on a board at the reception. I suspect that this code does not regularly get changed.

Gym, Spa and Pool

The hotel has a full health center and offers memberships to non hotel guests. Guests are allowed to use these facilities at no cost. I rate the gym as a bit cramped but sufficient for cardio and strenght training. There is also a classroom with some scheduled classes - I expect that these would attract an additional cost for hotel guests.

The heated pool is suitedfor light swimming and only for 2-3 people at a time. There is also a large spa pool (jakuzzi), steam room and sauna.

The facilities all appear to be open from 06:30-21:30.

There are some hotel rates that include breakfast, dinner and a 50-minute spa treatment, which could interest some.

Dining

Bar

The bar is open all day until late and serves a limited bar menu that shares many items with the restaurant.

Restaurant

There is one restaurant where the breakfast is also seved. I had one night with included dinner. Essentially you get a credit for 28 GBP against your bill. Since the upcharge on the reservation is 24 GBP, you essentially are saving 4 GBP. 

I would rate the food as being typical British hotel food with a mixture of British favorites, Indian interpretations and some attempts at health food. I enjoyed my dinner. It met my expectations.

If you have breakfast included, I was told that you can also order it as room service instead. I did not test this, however. The buffet breakfast would also be on par for England. I personally always miss non-white bread, but that is me. They also have an a la carte menu from which you can order additional items. I believe, however, that you would be charged for those.

There is no omelette station, but there is an automated pancake machine.

Room

The rooms are advertised. I have an "executive" with two queen beds. The bed was comfortable with sufficient UK plugs avalable around the room. Since this is a new hotel, I am a bit surprised that there is a LAN port at the desk. Who uses them, anymore?

The desk has a normal chair at which I cam currently sitting. It probably is not suitable for working at the whole day.

The bathroom is clean and has a separate shower and tub. The one thing I am missing in there is a magnifying vanity mirror.

Once strange design flaw is the positioning of the flush button. If you are sitting on the throne you will automatically be pressing the lid into the button, causing an unwanted flush.

The television has a decent selection of channels. It also allows you to use Netflix. You can connect your device to the tv via HDMI ot Miracast/WiDi (for Android and Windows).

The wifi in the room supposedly requires a password (as per the reception), but I never needed to enter one. No complaints about the quality of the connection.

Overall I am picky about cleanliness. Beyond some dust here and there, the place is very clean and fresh feeling.

Unfortuantely I forgot to take pictures when I checked in, so the room is a bit messy. However, the picture on the website are accurate.

IMG_0264.jpg1_IMG_4102.jpg

The hotel is 10 car minutes outside of Nottinham central. There are some things nearby, such as a petrol station, office parks and a pub. It is well located for those dealing with clients outside of Nottingham that do not want to deal with the rush hour traffice to get into the city.

Delta by Marriott Hotel Nottingham Belfry

Would you like to write a review on the Delta Hotels Nottingham Belfry?

No, thank you.
Yes
unclepants likes this.
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN**, Bonvoy Ambassador/LT Titanium

Instead of the platinum welcome amenity of points you can choose this box of goodies. The two small bottles are gin.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: