Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chase Ritz Carlton Club Level Upgrade Certificates - Use after Expiry?

Chase Ritz Carlton Club Level Upgrade Certificates - Use after Expiry?

Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I called to book a club room for a reservation beyond the expiration date of my club upgrade certificates. Some got extended to June 2022 because of covid and won't be re-extended, however they agreed to extend one of my latest certificates which have not already been extended They seemed to have technical issues doing it however because I was on the phone for more than 50 minutes.

Originally Posted by TommyC80
make sure they select the rate that includes a $100 resort credit, if available - otherwise it can be a little painful to get the credit added by the property.
Great advice! I might have missed this if you did not give me the heads up.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by mrjaws
Suddenly, it seems like none of the club upgrade rates are available anywhere in the system - any Ritz Carlton, any dates (yes, I know, 2 nights or more). I used it successfully a couple months ago.

Anyone else have any success upgrading with the club upgrade rates? Thanks.
Same question here: neither Z34 nor Z38 (I can never remember which is the credit and which is the club upgrade rate) came up with availability when I searched. Am I doing it wrong, is there really no availability, or do you now have to call to find out?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
Same question here: neither Z34 nor Z38 (I can never remember which is the credit and which is the club upgrade rate) came up with availability when I searched. Am I doing it wrong, is there really no availability, or do you now have to call to find out?
Anyone knows? I cannot find anything using either Z34 or Z38. Do we need them to be available before we can use Club Upgrade?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Anyone knows? I cannot find anything using either Z34 or Z38. Do we need them to be available before we can use Club Upgrade?
I just did a search online at the The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua using Z34 and inventory appears under, "Special Rates." It is possible that there may be no Z34 ($100 property credit) inventory but Z38 inventory is available (Club Upgrade + $100 Property Credit). However, I have personally never seen this happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.