Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program January, 2020 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will earn only points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Titanium and Ambassador members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program January, 2020 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, AS, Bonvoy TE LPE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tmm1012
UPDATE 2/13: The nights have finally posted to my account, and I'm finally able to select my 75 night reward, so it's finally resolved for me.
After 2 months, 3 e-mails and 2 calls to Bonvoy and 3 e-mails to the hotel, my nights posted on 2/12 and I was able to select my Titanium Choice Benefit.
dgreen12 and rustykettel like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:51 am

marriott refusing to honor 10 night credit for meeting

Hi all,

Back in December 2019, I booked a 10-night stay on points at a property nearby, as well as working with the property to book a 1 hour meeting in their boardroom to leverage the 10 night credit promotion for the first meeting in a calendar year (prior to the change on 1/1/2020, the meeting was on 12/21/19).

The property was clearly a bit confused on how to properly enter this into the system and I had numerous emails and phone calls with them trying to get the credit properly applied, and was never successful. I worked with Marriott on the phone multiple times, including finally getting someone sympathetic a few weeks ago who assured me he was escalating it to the proper people after he confirmed that I should have the nights and thus retain my Titanium Elite status. I called back after 10 or so days of hearing nothing and was told the case was silently closed with no one reaching out to me. The rep reopened the case (supposedly) and assured me someone would reach out within a week. I called back a week later (knowing no one would reach out) and was told again it was closed with no notes. I was eventually transferred to a supervisor who was incredibly rude and just went on and on and on about how many free breakfasts Marriott gives out a year (like this has anything to do with the issue at hand?) and got nowhere.

I spend a number of hours prior to the stay and meeting with reps on the phone to ensure that the credits would be applied and that the meeting was set up properly and qualified, and they all assured me it did. The supervisor is trying to claim that the meeting was not done properly because I "don't have a contract" (I have the BEO and credit card confirmation from the property) and I "cut corners" by only booking the room for an hour for $130 instead of paying $350 like I "should have."

Not sure where to take it from here - incredibly frustrating!
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Sorry to hear. There have been some similar reports over the last couple of years. Was your BEO executed and does it clearly outline the 10 night credit? I would try the GM of the property since a lot of times, the credit has to be processed at the hotel level.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:14 am

I was eventually transferred to a supervisor who was incredibly rude and just went on and on and on about how many free breakfasts Marriott gives out a year (like this has anything to do with the issue at hand?) and got nowhere.
and how many free breakfasts does marriott give out in a year? I’m curious...
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:22 am

She didn't enumerate the actual number lol.

The GM is friendly but just as frustrated as I am as they are telling her ridiculous stories like I can't get the 10 night promo for a meeting if I'm staying at the hotel at the same time (what the?) because that's "double dipping"... She says she's unable to adjust this meeting at all in the system anymore because it's closed out as of the end of the year. Poor woman is working the desk this week because of staffing issues so we're going to try to talk to Marriott together next week. Sigh. She also said that the 20k points the rep offered me unasked 3 weeks ago is coming out of the property's hide!
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pesos
and just went on and on and on about how many free breakfasts Marriott gives out a year
they give out "free" breakfasts to customers who choose to stay at their hotel over the competition, often because of the comped breakfast for platinum members. isn't that the whole idea of these "loyalty" programs?
people with that attitude should not be running hotels.
EuropeanPete and Twickenham like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:38 pm

Her attitude was shocking to be honest - she kept talking over me and telling me to shut up and listen. I couldn't believe I was being berated by customer service simply for trying to process nights I had already been promised by multiple reps and had gone out of my way to ensure was being booked in the proper fashion.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:50 pm

At this point, you might as well ask for your account to be upgraded to titanium, which was your goal. Because I’m not sure Marriott IT can backdate they nights to last year correctly even if they were to do it (but you may end up with 10 less nights for lifetime).
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:06 pm

Do you know who has the ability to do that? All the CS reps (including the high and mighty "I'm the top of the food chain here and by the way do you know HOW MANY FREE BREAKFASTS WE GIVE AWAY EACH YEAR" supe) all claim they can't add nights to any account and that only the property can do it (and the property GM swears up and down they've called "property support" and have not been given any way to do it either)...

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:15 pm

Do you know who has the ability to do that? All the CS reps (including the high and mighty "I'm the top of the food chain here and by the way do you know HOW MANY FREE BREAKFASTS WE GIVE AWAY EACH YEAR" supe) all claim they can't add nights to any account and that only the property can do it (and the property GM swears up and down they've called "property support" and have not been given any way to do it either)...

Thanks!
i don’t know if they can do that but there have been threads where people asked to be put back to platinum from gold so I’m assuming they have some sort of mechanism to do that with the right approval. I would recommend to keep it simple. Say you were suppose to get the nights to make you Titanium. Lots of back and forth resulted in nothing. Ask to be adjusted in the system to titanium since that was the goal and see what they say. At this point, you are getting nowhere anyways... might as well. Good luck.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:28 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hi all,

Back in December 2019, I booked a 10-night stay on points at a property nearby, as well as working with the property to book a 1 hour meeting in their boardroom to leverage the 10 night credit promotion for the first meeting in a calendar year (prior to the change on 1/1/2020, the meeting was on 12/21/19).

The property was clearly a bit confused on how to properly enter this into the system and I had numerous emails and phone calls with them trying to get the credit properly applied, and was never successful. I worked with Marriott on the phone multiple times, including finally getting someone sympathetic a few weeks ago who assured me he was escalating it to the proper people after he confirmed that I should have the nights and thus retain my Titanium Elite status. I called back after 10 or so days of hearing nothing and was told the case was silently closed with no one reaching out to me. The rep reopened the case (supposedly) and assured me someone would reach out within a week. I called back a week later (knowing no one would reach out) and was told again it was closed with no notes. I was eventually transferred to a supervisor who was incredibly rude and just went on and on and on about how many free breakfasts Marriott gives out a year (like this has anything to do with the issue at hand?) and got nowhere.

I spend a number of hours prior to the stay and meeting with reps on the phone to ensure that the credits would be applied and that the meeting was set up properly and qualified, and they all assured me it did. The supervisor is trying to claim that the meeting was not done properly because I "don't have a contract" (I have the BEO and credit card confirmation from the property) and I "cut corners" by only booking the room for an hour for $130 instead of paying $350 like I "should have."

Not sure where to take it from here - incredibly frustrating!
Hey pesos, I am sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience and the subsequent follow-up on your concerns. While I cannot make any promises, I'd be happy to take a closer look and follow up further. When you have a moment, please send me a Private Message here on FT with your first/last name, Marriott Bonvoy number, the name of the hotel the meeting was at, the BEO, and any additional details that may aid in my research. I'll see what I can do!

Best,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Good luck to you. I remember that having a contract was rule #1 in these circumstances. That said, Marriott should honor the promo, and credit the 10 nights.

I had a terrible experience about 7 years ago (with a contract) and it took 4+ months of emails/phone calls to finally get it resolved/credited.

In my situation, the hotel did not know how to properly log a meeting in their computer, so you would get the 10 nights elite credit.

Looking back, I can't believe it took so long- extremely frustrating.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Hopefully no one will have to chase down 10 nights for a meeting ever again.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
You very blatantly and unapologetically exploited a loophole in the Marriott system. Obviously Marriott is onto what you're doing and considers it gaming the system. However, you're one of the many that have exploited this loophole over the past several years.

Moving on....
Will you make it to titanium when the extra elite nights are added the end of the month? if not, you can send them a tweet and they should be able to bump you up to titanium.

​​​Good luck!
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
You very blatantly and unapologetically exploited a loophole in the Marriott system. Obviously Marriott is onto what you're doing and considers it gaming the system. However, you're one of the many that have exploited this loophole over the past several years.

Moving on....
Will you make it to titanium when the extra elite nights are added the end of the month? if not, you can send them a tweet and they should be able to bump you up to titanium.

​​​Good luck!
Doing something that was explicitly allowed by the T&Cs is a loophole? News to me.
krazykanuck and rarSV like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.