Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Report from the Bonvoy Lurker Team in Post #92: "The [elite] year count will be updated after the year end account review is completed."
Print Wikipost

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ohiosux
So when will this "year-end account review" occur?
Best guess is sometime in February, extensively discussed here: Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
So, I guess this info about what's "next up for me" is probably false too? I was really counting on you Marriott!

Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
... the current setup really looks like amateur hour ...
That's because it really is.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:19 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
So, I guess this info about what's "next up for me" is probably false too? I was really counting on you Marriott!

Too bad if it's not accurate... I would argue that that status would be more valuable than Titanium Ambassador
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:46 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Oh,,,... I thought for a moment that I was the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. (With apologies to Lou Gehrig)
They can't take it back!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
My nights and status are now correct...but I'm still waiting on my years of plat to increment from 8-9. Has anyone else had their years of status increment?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by dcstudent
My nights and status are now correct...but I'm still waiting on my years of plat to increment from 8-9. Has anyone else had their years of status increment?
I think everything is still broken for me. The website says '0 nights to platinum' and the iphone app says 'Ambassador Elite at 56 Nights' My years of status ticked up but not sure if it ticked up from meeting status in 2019 or 2020
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
No. Waiting for the exact same increment.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Yes, mine surprisingly went up back on the 3rd of January.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Yes, mine surprisingly went up back on the 3rd of January.
I think this end of year glitch(es) might be Marriott's worst bug yet. It's different for everyone with no seeming pattern, rhyme or reason!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Mine went up on the 3rd as well (from 9 to 10), however this was not reflected in my LT status, i.e going from LT Gold to LT Plat (have about 1K LT nights). So now I have a LT Gold account with 1K LT nights and 10 Plt+ years.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by X-ON
Mine went up on the 3rd as well (from 9 to 10), however this was not reflected in my LT status, i.e going from LT Gold to LT Plat (have about 1K LT nights). So now I have a LT Gold account with 1K LT nights and 10 Plt+ years.
Even odder, it did result in me making it to Platinum Lifetime, though I never got any emails notifying me. So we have every possible combination, except for anyone reporting their number of years decreasing (as happened to a lot of people including me last year).
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Even odder, it did result in me making it to Platinum Lifetime, though I never got any emails notifying me. So we have every possible combination, except for anyone reporting their number of years decreasing (as happened to a lot of people including me last year).
Agree, it is evident that the IT dept. have very poor control of the code governing the progression of LT year and LT tier progression. In addition they do not seem to be able to control what being printed to the interface.
One thing have changed since 3rd of Jan, at this point it said 22 nights to renew Titanium (I had 53 nights in 2019 so it made "sense") however since then the "nights to renew" (Titanium) entry has been removed ... the "Stay Titanium Elite" entry is still there though probably IT has no clue how to remove it from the interface .... what a mess ....
Edit: On the UK website the "22 nights to renew" is still there but not in the app and at .com ... it is almost comical ...

Last edited by X-ON; Feb 5, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by LifetimeUpgrade
Did your years go up as well for lifetime status?
Yes. They went up for lifetime status.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Here's the answer that I received back after an inquiry to my ambassador; the answer came from a separate support team:

"I do see that you have re-earned Platinum status in 2019 for a 7th Platinum year. I have inquired and received confirmation that on January 31, 2020 our Tech team started updating Elite and Lifetime status on millions of accounts. There are no timelines or deadlines as to when it will be completed."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.