Lounge Customer of the Day at a JW

Old Dec 27, 19, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeorplan E 75, Marriott Rewards Plat
Lounge Customer of the Day at a JW

I was enjoying breakfast in the lounge with my family and one of the attendants presented us with a hand written card thanking us for our loyalty and telling us we were the customer of a the day. As a thank you we would be given 2000 points and she took my Bonvoy number. I'd never seen this before and thought it was a nice gesture. Three weeks have gone by and haven't seen the points for this or for the stay. I'm going to make a claim for the missing stay but was wondering if I should mention the "Customer of the Day" thing. Wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this and if the points actually posted. 2k points isn't going to make or break it for me so I'm not too worried and appreciated the gesture.
Old Dec 27, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by yyjregular View Post
I was enjoying breakfast in the lounge with my family and one of the attendants presented us with a hand written card thanking us for our loyalty and telling us we were the customer of a the day. As a thank you we would be given 2000 points and she took my Bonvoy number. I'd never seen this before and thought it was a nice gesture. Three weeks have gone by and haven't seen the points for this or for the stay. I'm going to make a claim for the missing stay but was wondering if I should mention the "Customer of the Day" thing. Wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this and if the points actually posted. 2k points isn't going to make or break it for me so I'm not too worried and appreciated the gesture.
Good thing they didn't ask for your credit card number and social security number, too.
RafKa, dgreen12, paolo64 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 19, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeorplan E 75, Marriott Rewards Plat
My wife actually thought it was a ruse to figure out if the kids (16 and 14, not riding scooters) were allowed in with us. We cleared it with the front desk at check in.
Old Dec 27, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat., SWA A-List,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
If your kids were on scooters, you would have been given 10K points per kid as the customer of the day.

--Jon
Old Dec 27, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
This is so Bonvoy.
Kacee and paolo64 like this.
Old Dec 27, 19, 3:26 pm

Never heard of this before
Old Dec 27, 19, 3:35 pm

This is absolutely bizarre.
Old Dec 27, 19, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Explorist / United Silver
Originally Posted by yyjregular View Post
I was a Customer of the Day at a Fairfield Inn and won the daily Check-in Bingo. They properly posted the 1,000 points.

Old Dec 28, 19, 2:48 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I was the One Millionth visitor to a website and my Nigerian Prince is en route as we speak!
krispy84 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: