Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite Marriott portfolio bed and why?

Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Interestingly enough, I have Annual Choice benefit to use and Mrs K and I are about be in the market for a new Mattress/Boxspring. With 40% off as one of the benefit options, I may look at one utilizing this benefit. Im not sure of the value is there based on the price of some of these but 40% off is generally a good equalizer. Interested to hear if you all have a favorite from the brands below for a bed. We are looking for a firm luxurious king size mattress if that helps.

I may certainly try to do a staycation (using points) in one of these properties if feasible before purchasing.

Also interested in any experiences you all may have had or other thoughts. Here is the list with links. TIA!

Last edited by K7Beach; Dec 26, 2019 at 1:41 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Without a doubt Westin Heavenly but I can't say anything about Ritz-Carlton,Edition and Gaylord because I haven't yet stayed in those brands.
K7Beach, clarkef, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We just stayed at the RC Aruba and I had some of the best sleeps I can remember.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
I find mattress shopping odd. Can anyone (really) lay on a showroom mattress or hotel bed and determine if it's going to work for them?

The key to keeping a good mattress is to replace it often. Which is what better hotels do with theirs. That, and covering them with nicer toppers, comforters, pillows, etc.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Old Hickory
I find mattress shopping odd. Can anyone (really) lay on a showroom mattress or hotel bed and determine if it's going to work for them?

The key to keeping a good mattress is to replace it often. Which is what better hotels do with theirs. That, and covering them with nicer toppers, comforters, pillows, etc.
I tend to agree. I am thinking a firm mattress with a nice pillow-type topper is the way to go. I generally sleep better in hotel beds but that may be because its different. Current mattress is about six or seven years old and it is shot. Thought it would last at least ten.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:01 pm

We love the Westin bed but for some reason ( I have no idea why ) we ended up buying a W bed several years ago and really, really like it!
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04
We love the Westin bed but for some reason ( I have no idea why ) we ended up buying a W bed several years ago and really, really like it!
It's basically the same bed with one being a pillow top and the other being plush (and using a feather bed).
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:06 pm

FYI, at least in Canada, the Westin bed is also available from Pottery Barn and there is currently a 30% discount.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
We bought a Marriott mattress about 2 years ago (incl the whole bedding set as everything was 50% off) and we really enjoy the mattress.

I also enjoy the Westin mattress - I barely stay in Westins as the overall style is somehow not my thing but the bed in San Diego was good.

On that note, I cant stand the Hilton beds....
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duck1981
We bought a Marriott mattress about 2 years ago (incl the whole bedding set as everything was 50% off) and we really enjoy the mattress.

I also enjoy the Westin mattress - I barely stay in Westins as the overall style is somehow not my thing but the bed in San Diego was good.

On that note, I cant stand the Hilton beds....
Westin bed seems be to a winner with a small sample. I have enjoyed the Westin bed as well. I think that it is a a lot in how they make the bed with all the the layers, etc. I may have to take one apart

How did you get the 50% off?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:20 am

Ritz. Actually staying at a RC right now and sleeping fantastically. That being said, a lot of it comes down to the bedding itself which can very by property. In the US they tend to use these overly complex setups with flat sheets folded in all sorts of odd ways, whereas my experience is that in Europe, including this current stay, they use a simple duvet and cover which I much prefer.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ritz. Actually staying at a RC right now and sleeping fantastically. That being said, a lot of it comes down to the bedding itself which can very by property. In the US they tend to use these overly complex setups with flat sheets folded in all sorts of odd ways, whereas my experience is that in Europe, including this current stay, they use a simple duvet and cover which I much prefer.
Interesting. Do they have a mattress pad, to protect the bed, that has any type of padding or thickness to it? Or do you feel that what you are sleeping on is representative of the actual Ritz mattress itself?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:19 am

I like the westin and the sheraton beds.

I am not sure that the 40% off is worth it though - they are almost always on sale for anywhere between 20-30% off. Now if it was 40% off the lowest price that might be something.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Klarity7
Interesting. Do they have a mattress pad, to protect the bed, that has any type of padding or thickness to it? Or do you feel that what you are sleeping on is representative of the actual Ritz mattress itself?
Yes, has a topper on it. Allows them to flip the mattress I would presume, for longevity, whereas an integrated topper can only be used on one side.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Westin bed seems be to a winner with a small sample. I have enjoyed the Westin bed as well. I think that it is a a lot in how they make the bed with all the the layers, etc. I may have to take one apart

How did you get the 50% off?
I have subscribed to a mailing list of the Marriott online shop and they do twice a year (I believe) a special promo which gives you up to GBP2000 off, so that ended up as a roughly 50% discount for me. There are several promos during the year.
K7Beach likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.