Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite Marriott portfolio bed and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your favorite Marriott portfolio bed and why?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:10 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I am thinking of buying a St Regis bed but have never slept on one.

I just really like hotels beds...a lot, having spent over 200 nights last year in hotels.

I do like the RC bed....but the St Regis bed seems to have the most praise with online reviews.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bravada04
We love the Westin bed but for some reason ( I have no idea why ) we ended up buying a W bed several years ago and really, really like it!
Same - we decided to add our own pillow top v have it sewn in. Thus the W plush top.

For a hotel stay definitely Westin Heavenly. I haven’t stayed at properties above Westin/W/Marriott brand so cant comment on those.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
JW. Stayed at one for a couple of months (on and off) and realized how much better my sleep was on one. So good I bought one. Prices aren’t that bad considering. Plus it helps knowing how well I will sleep on it.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:59 pm

Once you get past a certain level, to me the linens/pillows matter more than the mattress. I prefer a feather pillow heavy enough that you can knock someone over/out with it if you threw it at them. Likewise, I prefer very soft sheets. In college I bought myself some high-end linens and sheets. Let's just say they were more than my rent at the time, and I was working 2-3 jobs. Decades later, no regrets about that decision. I still use them regularly and if anything they've gotten better as they've gotten softer from use.

My current mattress setup is the softest non-pillowtop quality mattress I could get from the mattress store, with a gel topper from Costco on top. Cheaper than any of the hotel bed set, and I have the benefit of being able to turn and flip the mattress and topper.
K7Beach and Violin1990 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:00 pm

Hi everyone

I have a dude about my purchase between sweet bed Ibis or Westin HEAVENLY or Marriott Bed.

I didn´t see opinions about Sweet Bed Ibis.

Which should I choose and why

Thanks so much
K7Beach likes this.

Last edited by Mundo Shisha; Sep 8, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I remember the one at RC Abu Dhabi to be the most comfortable I have ever slept on
K7Beach likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
St Regis bed

We love the St Regis bed and used the 40% off award to get one for ourselves. The Westin and W beds are also nice.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: Hilton Marriott
Residence Inn -seriously

Anyone have experience with ordering Sealy bed from Marriott?

Last year on an extended road trip we stayed in Residence Inns. The best sleep on that trip was in Lebanon NH. I called the hotel and they got me the model of the mattress in the suite we stayed in. Called Bonvoy shop. The woman said it was Sealy inner spring Artesia. They have a list of every hotel and what beds each one is using. Depends sometimes on refurbishment schedule. Anyway there’s a sale on now and I plan to order.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I used the like the Westin Heavenly Bed for many years but nowadays I don't sleep that well on those any more. W and St Regis are my favorite now. That being said I just stayed at a brand new Four Points (Phuket) and it's the best bed I've slept on for years.

I tend to favor higher beds with a thicker pillow top these days.
K7Beach likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I think Westin was the first to introduce white duvet covers and now all the major chains have them. (God only knows what those old floral print things hotels used to use were hiding). I really like the Westin bed but my favorite pillows are the Sheraton down alternative ones.
K7Beach likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:14 am

Are you still enjoying the JW bed? Currently considering it but curious how it has held up over the last year. Thanks!
Old May 11, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I do not like the Sheraton bed. I do like the Westin and W beds.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:22 am

I have ordered two W Beds......the first one was the pillow top and got my second one in December/January and tried the Euro-top this time. Seems a little firmer but really liking it so far. To each their own when it comes to beds though....
Old May 12, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
I purchased the W Euro-top bed king. We both love it. I was just telling my BIL last night how nice it is. I highly recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.