Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone here aiming for Titanium status in 2020?

Old Dec 24, 19, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt

I'm drawing plans for my stays in 2020. It's going to be harder to achieve Titanium with the recent changes by Marriott. Not really sure if it's worth the effort when I can probably direct some of those stays to another program. What are you guys aiming to do in 2020? For sure I'll get enough nights to retain Platinum status.
Old Dec 24, 19, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Unless I change jobs hitting titanium is easy for me

with vacations, 15 nights from the credit card titanium really isn’t hard to hit
lsquare, Duke787 and Dav77 like this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 12:24 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
Same here. This was my first year at Marriott and just hit titanium, ending this year at 78 nights

I kept Accor plat with 41 night and hit IHG spire ťlite with just 16 nights (thanks to 3.000 bonus elite points package on each night / reservation)

next year Iíll run to Ambassador, leaving completely Accor
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
I don't really aim or plan for anything, my status with the hotel groups is driven by my travel patterns for work. Work travel is usually planned a few weeks in advance so let's see.

After the merger with SPG, it has made it more likely for me to hit status with Marriott. This year I hit Ambassador, though I am not sure I'll repeat that the coming year. Though Titanium should be likely.
Old Dec 25, 19, 5:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Already Lifetime, but I was a loyal lifetime that keep staying only at Marriott brands whenever possible. No more.
Old Dec 25, 19, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
There is very little difference between Titanium and Platinum. A few more points on paid stays and the one free night as the 75 night benefit.

In the absence of decent promos, etc. 50-ish nights is where I stop.
Old Dec 25, 19, 8:25 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVPG, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta/United Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm drawing plans for my stays in 2020. It's going to be harder to achieve Titanium with the recent changes by Marriott. Not really sure if it's worth the effort when I can probably direct some of those stays to another program. What are you guys aiming to do in 2020? For sure I'll get enough nights to retain Platinum status.
What recent changes? Oh, the cheating way of booking meetings?
Old Dec 25, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
What recent changes? Oh, the cheating way of booking meetings?
Cheating is an unfair term it was well within the programme terms just like credit card nights.

mattress runs are more likely to be counted as cheating as you donít actually stick to the terms (bum in bed overnight)

anyway my issue is that IHG has better properties in more uk cities/towns than Marriot so unless something changes Iíll be back to gold in 2021 (no CC nights with UK SPG Amex)
Sallycat likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I also successfully aimed for Titanium

(by giving up on Ambassador)
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
My goal for 2020 is Hyatt Globalist with waived resort fees and real advance confirmed suite upgrades.

I'll soft land to Titanium regardless, but will probably be in the 50 Marriott nights range, mostly from Asia stays and points burn.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, AA Plat
I'll keep Hyatt Globalist and Marriott will be my secondary chain again this year. Hit 70 Hyatt nights and will have 80 Marriott Nights by the end of the year. Not being able to apply SNA to prepaid rates is really making me question my 50 & 75 night awards though
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by cyb2888 View Post
Not being able to apply SNA to prepaid rates is really making me question my 50 & 75 night awards though
Off topic, but have you tried the work around that was posted in the wiki of the SNA thread?

SNA (Suite Night Award) General Discussion and Question Thread

And to stay on topic, I am LT Titanium, but will probably go for Titanium again, because my other favorite hotel chain (Fairmont) was destroyed by Accor. I'm interested in Hyatt, but would have to start from scratch.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 25, 19 at 11:56 am
Old Dec 25, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Glad to have received LT Titanium last year and not worry about chasing it again. Strangely, only received my LT Titanium card last month.

Being LT Titanium with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton via CC makes me glad I stay where I want and not have to count nights any longer.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador 100, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Southwest AL CP
82 nights with Hyatt and 75 with Marriott ($7816 spend). Will be LT with Marriott next year and will reassess then.

Last edited by pageboy; Dec 25, 19 at 5:00 pm
Old Dec 25, 19, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
Same here. This was my first year at Marriott and just hit titanium, ending this year at 78 nights

I kept Accor plat with 41 night and hit IHG spire ťlite with just 16 nights (thanks to 3.000 bonus elite points package on each night / reservation)

next year Iíll run to Ambassador, leaving completely Accor
Oh nice except for the fact that there's also a US$20,000 requirement. I think I also saw a thread about people with 100+nights/year, but don't spend enough to qualify for Ambassador status.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: